176 (edited by MertenNor 2010-01-02 00:59:37)

Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

Corvon wrote:

when i first opened teeworlds.exe i tought something was wrong , i didnt hear a thing.
and music is always soothing and/or engaging more than silence.

i think it wouldnt be a problem with all the creative people on this lovely forum.

The first versions of Teeworlds had a menu Music (see here) Don't know if they are going to get one in 0.6.0..

oh btw use the search function before you make a new topic this has already bin discussed several times.. smile

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

new idea tongue

make it so that we can have the flag of our country to the left of the tees name.. ore a flag skin..

you can set the flag on if you want it, ore you can disable it so you don't see it on other players nicks..

oh and bring back the menu music from teeworlds 0.1.1 big_smile

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

i think that there should be:

-3 way CTF
- a friend's tab
in the menu after "internet" "LAN" and" demo"
you can automatically go to the server your friend is in
take a look at http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5288
- and themes for the menu

hehhehehehehehe.

3 way ctf would be very nice... but how to manage... its almoust impossible to make it equal for each team

It would be very useful to kick/ban players by using an ingame menu if you are logged in to rcon. I did that for Teeworlds 0.5.2, but my sourcecode was not very clean ;-) I made rcon_console to a public member of the class console

http://img1.imagebanana.com/img/qxxtrni6/screenshot0010.png

181 (edited by Bee 2010-01-03 05:15:07)

zizou wrote:

3 way ctf would be very nice... but how to manage... its almoust impossible to make it equal for each team

Omg... I have discuses this a lot and people don't seem to want it, but it would be manageable with teleports. I don't think it should become a real game type since I would take away 2 way ctf. But it would be good as a mod. <_<

TuX. wrote:

It would be very useful to kick/ban players by using an ingame menu if you are logged in to rcon. I did that for Teeworlds 0.5.2, but my sourcecode was not very clean ;-) I made rcon_console to a public member of the class console

Good idea, but next to kick button, there should be a way to say how long you want them gone.

And lastly, a new idea! ~Auto spectator~ It finds the most action in the playing field and moves the camera for you. It would be the best for people that want to find the most action in the game, or if they don't want to move the camera themselves.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

And lastly, a new idea! ~Auto spectator~ It finds the most action in the playing field and moves the camera for you. It would be the best for people that want to find the most action in the game, or if they don't want to move the camera themselves.

Auto spectator already exist in TeeComp and many other clients.
And for the most action field, it's impossible without modifying the server, which would be useless.

|ZPote| buffer[]'s posterous

buffer[] wrote:

Auto spectator already exist in TeeComp and many other clients.

And?

buffer[] wrote:

And for the most action field, it's impossible without modifying the server, which would be useless.

Why do you think that? I don't know anything about modification, but I am curious.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

I want to be able to bind a command to two different buttons (e.g., Grenade Launcher to both 4 and Q). Also, meta-key support (for example, I can bind remote console to shift-~).

've suggested it some times ago, in another post (use the search function if interested). They said me no. But I really like this idea, but maybe when Teeworlds will use an account system. Would be nice to use it, for example, in the same clan.

Non-Teeworlds related link removed. Please do not post this again. Also merged your posts. // ~{MS}~ Azon

andre wrote:

I want to be able to bind a command to two different buttons (e.g., Grenade Launcher to both 4 and Q).

Have you ever tried before posting ?
Of course you can -_-

|ZPote| buffer[]'s posterous

Lanta wrote:

There are some players that still loves the media player in the background. xD

And there are simply players that hate listening music while playing. It covers so many useful info (shots...), and to me, disturb.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

how about a EZ teeskin editor
its brakes down the png and make it easier to work with for new skin makers
and y not for other stuff as well such as game skin editor?

my skins
nameless tee: "now thats one foxy hooker!"
Corvon :"i'm flattered : D"

188 (edited by TuX. 2010-01-04 16:17:02)

It just came to my mind while playing at my teeworlds-server with 16 players connected when the server did an autorotation to dm1: It would be good to save in the teeworlds map files for how many players they are intended for, so the server skips them and uses another, bigger map when autorotating

What about 3 or 4 Teams for ctf or tdm (sry if the idea is already brought)...for example a green and a yellow team or a balck an white or something else...it could be nice...for ctf its difficult because of capping i know xD...but i think it gives a solution...for tdm its no big problem i think.
Tell me your opinion pls

ELO~281

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

ELO~281 wrote:

What about 3 or 4 Teams for ctf or tdm (sry if the idea is already brought)...for example a green and a yellow team or a balck an white or something else...it could be nice...for ctf its difficult because of capping i know xD...but i think it gives a solution...for tdm its no big problem i think.
Tell me your opinion pls

ELO~281

This idea has been brought up so many times, and at the moment, i think it's not something the devs really consider.

penguins wrote:

I have a suggestion:
The one thing that I would like to see changed about teeworlds is hiding, or shall I say lack of hiding due to name above player.
It would be really cool if there was some server setting that disabled name viewing for players, or only show name when the tee is fully visible. Maybe both. Such as sv_names or something. This would allow a hiding aspect to the game without modding like catch16. In catch16 it really adds a whole new strategy to the game.
Does anybody else think it would work?

they have that in color catch thingy

just an idea but can yal put the old maps back in the game where the grenades follwed you

Merged double posts. // ~{MS}~ Azon

teekiller314 wrote:

just an idea but can yal put the old maps back in the game where the grenades follwed you

This has never been an official service, and must have been a custom made server. Maybe you can find out who developed the original mod and ask whether he or she can re-instate the servers.

Homing mod from rajh tongue

194 (edited by KillaBilla 2010-08-16 18:19:49)

Idea: Show download speed and time remaining when downloading a map!

EDIT: Idea finished! Look here for the Mod: DownloadExtension

195 (edited by Lanta 2010-01-10 17:53:24)

KillaBilla wrote:

I think it would be nice to see the Downloadspeed, and how much time needed to download a map , if you want to know if it is a good moment to go to toilet or whereever tongue

I made a mod which shows me much information about the running download:

• Mapname (if you were afk when the map changes)

• Status (in percent)

• Downloadspeed (in KiB per second)

• Time elapsed

• Time needed

Here a screenshot of the mod:

Facts about the screenshot:

• I tested the mod on my home server, therefor I got this high downloadspeed. big_smile

• The values are not rounded, the other 4 decimal places are just cutted out. Exact values in Mod, not exact values if you calc with them (!)

• The values are not at the same line width, because the tw menu can't use tabulators.

I like this idea... the GUI is a bit ugly... only text. Maybe should be nice to see a little animation or a progress bar.
I would like to see such function in a official release in the future. Maybe not only for maps, but for all other contents needed to download.

This client mod is already avaiable or public? Or it will be?
Maybe you can submit your patch to devs.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

I hope the Devs can make Teeworlds fit for mac 16.2 smile

and not just for 14u hmm

Stripe wrote:

I hope the Devs can make Teeworlds fit for mac 16.2 smile

and not just for 14u hmm

I don't understand your post. There is no such thing as 16.2 or 14u, it's 10.6.2 or 10.4.x u is the 10.4 SDK version we are using to make sure people with older macs can play teeworlds.

It should be perfectly playable on newer macs too (I do test you know smile, and if you are complaining about compiling then you only need to edit a file to get it working.

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

Yes but xD

Its an other compiling between 14 and 16...at 16 you dont get teeworlds_ppc and 86x you just get teeworlds

Stripe wrote:

Yes but xD

Its an other compiling between 14 and 16...at 16 you dont get teeworlds_ppc and 86x you just get teeworlds

10.6 does not support PPC.

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

"Choose the color in the green point of the middle of the quad instead of the corners"

I dont think that this is a helpfull idea,beacause if you just choose the color in the middle you cant "play with lights and shadows" and if the backgrounds only have one color it maybe looks a bit boring and uninspired.

If the idea "Ability to type numbers instead of needing to click" handle with the tile size, I would totaly agree. It´s really
annoying  to to klick thounsand time just to get the layer.
It would be nice to combine this option with the push option which is used at the position actuator actuator.