1 (edited by erd 2010-12-26 03:37:44)

Topic: [MOD] zCatch

Hi,
do you know "Zombieball"? I know this game from physical education and thought "why not creating a teeworlds mod with the rules of it". I didn't find and english word for "Zombieball", so it was difficult to find a name for the mod. But because it's kind of catching, i called it simply zCatch. There's nothing copied from tCatch or Catch16!

Whats the goal?
You have to catch all other players and remain as the only player on the map. If you catch (kill) someone, he will join the spectators. But if YOU get catched, all players catched by you will rejoin the game. So winning is only possible if you manage it to kill everyone without beeing killed.

I've got the idea for the mod today, so I worked only a few hours on it, it would be nice if you report bugs here and post your suggestions smile

A server with the mod is online called "Upcoming mod: zCatch!" and you can download patch and linux binary. Windows binary will maybe posted later. Usually it runs the development version, so it could differ a bit from the versions you can download here.

Todo (* = not done; x = already done in next, not published version)

* telling the client of the victim to follow the killer possible?
* maybe add a delay before joining spectators (thx MertenNor)
* "spawnarea" - let tees spawn there where their killer dies? (thx draug)

Serversettings and rcon commands

command              default    min    max    desctiption
  sv_mode              1          0      3      0 - normal
                                                1 - instagib
                                                2 - rocket area
                                                    (all weapons, full health & armor,
                                                     auto-reload, no items on map)
                                                3 - hammerparty

sv_allow_join        0          0      1      Allow new players to join the game
                                                without need to wait for the next round
  sv_color_indicator   0          0      1      color tees apropriate to the number
                                                of currently catched players
  sv_bonus             5          0      1000   Give the last player extra points

set_resistent (client_id) (0 or 1)            Set a player kick resistent. By logging
                                                  in in rcon you get resistent automatically

Changelog

0.1 - 0.2
--------------

* [fix] changing to other weapons in instagib disabled
 * [fix] if two players are left and one leave the game will end / other players respawn
 * [new] different modes available (sv_mode 0 - normal; 1 - instagib; 2 - rocket area; 3 - hammerparty
 * [new] player join at the end of a round so their scores can be seen
 * [new] tees can be colored apropriate to the number of currently catched players (sv_color_indicator)
 * [new] option added to let new players join the game without need to wait for the next round (sv_allow_join)
 * [change] scoreboard won't reset on kill

0.2 - 0.3
--------------

* [fix] spelling mistake: Cought » Caught
 * [fix] sv_allow_join wasnt working correctly
 * [new] give the last player extra points (sv_bonus)
 * [new] if players joined the spectators by themself dont let them join at a new round automatically
 * [new] if you kill a player which had killed n players before you get 1+n points
 * [new] kickprotection (automatically enabled by logging into rcon, other players can be set resistent by command set_resistent ID 1)

0.3 - 0.3b
------------
 * join when the best player dies, not when a new round starts

Download

0.3b (current version)
Linux 64bit
Linux 32bit
Patch (untested)

Mac
Windows
Note: Because already some people asked: of course you have to set sv_gametype to "zcatch"...

Have fun!

Re: [MOD] zCatch

Then, it's the survival mod a bit different and in instagib. Still a nice idea.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Tested it on the server with erd_baer -> I like it, it's a nice idea for a mod and not the same as Catch16 / tCatch! smile

Tee-Project - Website coming soon... [http://project.tee-city.net]

I like the mod its nice.. smile

but sometimes one round can take a long time.. xD

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

5 (edited by erd 2010-01-07 02:04:09)

Thanks for testing, bug reporting and replying Dune, Bobynator, MertenNor and Whitefire! Just that I dont forget them I write down some bugs:

* switching to hammer and gun is possible
* sometimes not all players spawn when a new round starts
* if two players are left and one of them leave the server, the game won't finish (restart game or the last players needs to kill himself)

Issues that are annoying:
* with more then 6 players a round can take a very long time, new players cant join and have to wait to long.

A feature I want to implement but don't know how (I think not possible without modded client) is that viewpoint of the victim follows the killer. Any ideas?

Looks nice ^^

I think that it could be better to be frozen instead of be kicked to spectators each time you are killed.

That will be as boring as spectating, and even worse because you won't be able to see the whole game.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

choupom wrote:

Looks nice ^^

I think that it could be better to be frozen instead of be kicked to spectators each time you are killed.

not a good idea.. xD

MertenNor

-Norway

hm...what about windows? I will host it myself...or am i too stupid for this xD

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

I will first do most things on the todo list and compile then the new version for windows.

ok thx...i'm waiting for it big_smile
See you than wink

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

WoW good thinking! Nice work bro, keep it up!

Going to compile the next vertion of the mod to Mac if someone wants it.. smile

MertenNor

-Norway

0.2 done, see first post. With Windowsbinary, Mac downloadlink will be added when MertenNor compiled it wink

I have problems compiling.. xD

error:

(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
can't find file to patch at input line 4
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -Nur ./teeworlds-0.5.2-src/datasrc/content.py ./zcatch/datasrc/content.py
|--- ./teeworlds-0.5.2-src/datasrc/content.py    2009-10-26 19:04:31.000000000 +0100
|+++ ./zcatch/datasrc/content.py    2010-01-07 22:30:57.000000000 +0100
--------------------------
File to patch: 

can you send me the src folder.. ? I think that will work better..

MertenNor

-Norway

Your problem concerns the datasrc folder wink
You should try to patch yourself the content.py

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Your problem concerns the datasrc folder wink
You should try to patch yourself the content.py

oh ok so only the "content.py" and then try again.. ?

going to give it a try thanks.. smile

MertenNor

-Norway

18 (edited by erd 2010-01-08 18:47:07)

For me it works with "patch -p2 < zcatch.diff", but I uploaded the source files (hope I didn't forget one...)
Btw, content.py only contains changes concerning the weapon reload for the suggested "rocket area" mode, so it is not that important to patch it big_smile (wonder why this is done in an external python script... neutral)

19 (edited by MertenNor 2010-01-09 02:59:49)

erd_baer wrote:

For me it works with "patch -p2 < zcatch.diff", but I uploaded the source files (hope I didn't forget one...)
Btw, content.py only contains changes concerning the weapon reload for the suggested "rocket area" mode, so it is not that important to patch it big_smile (wonder why this is done in an external python script... neutral)

aha so it is a "patch -p2 <" also.. I only known of "p0" and "p1" so going to try with "p2" now.. smile
Thanks

EDIT:
got this error:

[ 6/79] #1 c++ src/game/server/player.cpp
In file included from src/game/server/player.cpp:6:
src/game/server/player.hpp:5:34: error: entities/character.hpp: No such file or directory
src/game/server/player.cpp:7:27: error: gamecontext.hpp: No such file or directory
In file included from src/game/server/player.cpp:6:
src/game/server/player.hpp:10: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘MACRO_ALLOC_POOL_ID’ with no type
src/game/server/player.hpp:11: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘private’
src/game/server/player.hpp:60: error: ‘vec2’ does not name a type
src/game/server/player.hpp:64: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘CHARACTER’ with no type
src/game/server/player.hpp:64: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
src/game/server/player.hpp:75: error: ‘NETOBJ_PLAYER_INPUT’ has not been declared
src/game/server/player.hpp:76: error: ‘NETOBJ_PLAYER_INPUT’ has not been declared
src/game/server/player.cpp:9: error: ‘MAX_CLIENTS’ is not a type
src/game/server/player.cpp:11: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘PLAYER’
src/game/server/player.cpp: In destructor ‘PLAYER::~PLAYER()’:
src/game/server/player.cpp:22: error: ‘character’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp: In member function ‘void PLAYER::tick()’:
src/game/server/player.cpp:31: error: ‘game’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:31: error: ‘struct CONFIGURATION’ has no member named ‘sv_spec_delay’
src/game/server/player.cpp:36: error: ‘game’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:45: error: ‘game’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:54: error: ‘max’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:55: error: ‘min’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:69: error: ‘character’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:72: error: ‘character’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:76: error: ‘view_pos’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:80: error: type ‘<type error>’ argument given to ‘delete’, expected pointer
src/game/server/player.cpp: In member function ‘void PLAYER::snap(int)’:
src/game/server/player.cpp:90: error: ‘NETOBJ_CLIENT_INFO’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:90: error: ‘client_info’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:90: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
src/game/server/player.cpp:90: error: expected `;' before ‘snap_new_item’
src/game/server/player.cpp:91: error: ‘str_to_ints’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:97: error: ‘NETOBJ_PLAYER_INFO’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:97: error: ‘info’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:97: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
src/game/server/player.cpp:97: error: expected `;' before ‘snap_new_item’
src/game/server/player.cpp:109: error: ‘game’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:109: error: ‘struct CONFIGURATION’ has no member named ‘sv_color_indicator’
src/game/server/player.cpp: In member function ‘void PLAYER::on_disconnect()’:
src/game/server/player.cpp:123: error: ‘WEAPON_GAME’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:129: error: ‘game’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:129: error: ‘GAMECONTEXT’ has not been declared
src/game/server/player.cpp: At global scope:
src/game/server/player.cpp:135: error: variable or field ‘on_predicted_input’ declared void
src/game/server/player.cpp:135: error: ‘NETOBJ_PLAYER_INPUT’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:135: error: ‘new_input’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:142: error: variable or field ‘on_direct_input’ declared void
src/game/server/player.cpp:142: error: ‘NETOBJ_PLAYER_INPUT’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:142: error: ‘new_input’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:155: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token
src/game/server/player.cpp: In member function ‘void PLAYER::kill_character(int)’:
src/game/server/player.cpp:165: error: ‘character’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:168: error: type ‘<type error>’ argument given to ‘delete’, expected pointer
src/game/server/player.cpp: In member function ‘void PLAYER::set_team(int)’:
src/game/server/player.cpp:182: error: ‘game’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:188: error: ‘GAMECONTEXT’ has not been declared
src/game/server/player.cpp:190: error: ‘WEAPON_GAME’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp: In member function ‘void PLAYER::try_respawn()’:
src/game/server/player.cpp:200: error: ‘vec2’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:200: error: expected `;' before ‘spawnpos’
src/game/server/player.cpp:202: error: ‘game’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:202: error: ‘spawnpos’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:206: error: ‘ENTITY’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:206: error: ‘ents’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:206: error: expected primary-expression before ‘{’ token
src/game/server/player.cpp:206: error: expected `;' before ‘{’ token
src/game/server/player.cpp:207: error: ‘game’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:207: error: ‘spawnpos’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:207: error: ‘NETOBJTYPE_CHARACTER’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:212: error: ‘character’ was not declared in this scope
src/game/server/player.cpp:212: error: expected type-specifier before ‘CHARACTER’
src/game/server/player.cpp:212: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to ‘void*’
src/game/server/player.cpp:212: error:   initializing argument 2 of ‘void* operator new(size_t, void*)’
src/game/server/player.cpp:212: error: expected `;' before ‘CHARACTER’
bam: command returned error: 256
bam: error during build

but going to try with the src..

EDIT: aww got the same error with the src.. xD

MertenNor

-Norway

20 (edited by erd 2010-01-09 11:06:35)

öhm... I only added one variable in player.hpp and gave it an value in player.cpp, its nearly the original file. The patch works for me, tested it, but I recognized that I forgot variables.hpp in the source download :-D But that missing variables.hpp should have nothing to do with the posted error. It seems that the files gamecontext.hpp and character.hpp are missing on your system.

21 (edited by MertenNor 2010-01-09 14:13:26)

what about this error:

[15/99] #1 c++ src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool GAMECONTROLLER::on_entity(int, vec2)’:
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:123: error: ‘struct CONFIGURATION’ has no member named ‘sv_mode’
bam: command returned error: 256
bam: error during build

That is wen I try to compile it after I have applied the patch..

MertenNor

-Norway

You didn't patch your variables.hpp !

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Fixing two things in your "task list" and that variables.hpp one will give you article about your mod on czech fansite smile

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

Yes, very nice erd smile

Some suggestions:)

1. One could insert sometimes a king or the similar (team version) i.e. team plays up to seite none spieler more there are then the king steps in and tries which of his teammates again in this play to get.
2. Vll one could also introduce points announcement with.

~> ...Bad English I know... <~

Hey khubajsn, too bad I can't speek czech, but thanks :-D Maybe the features of 0.3 will be enough for the article - first post will be updated in a few minutes smile