Topic: Status update

Puh, loads of work is being down behind the scenes. Here comes a little status update on whats going on.

Next version, 0.4.0
I've done a serious effort to make the server and client more secure to various attacks. This doesn't just make it more secure, it makes it more stable as well. After this is finished (this weekend) there are loads of smaller tasks that needs to be fixed. I will also host an event to balance the game as well during one weekend. I will personally invite people to this event, don't ask to get invited.
My plan was to release 0.4.0 before I turn 25 (3rd of March) but the security stuff took longer then I thought so I'm aiming to release it when easter starts on the 21st of March. Then I will have the weekend to fix imminent problems and perhaps do a 0.4.1 release on the 24th of March. Remember that this is what I aim for, not final dates when the releases will happen.

The new server
The server is installed and ready. We have several options right now on where to place the server, but we are still exploring to make sure we get the best possible solution.

The community
The community is growing larger slowly, just the way we like it. Still, it's getting harder and harder to keepup with the forums and still have time to do actual coding. I've stopped trying to keepup with community forums and concentrate only on the official onces. I read everything there, but I don't always have time to answer. The idea is to bring in a couple of more moderators to help out. These moderators will eventually get access to trac to add tickets etc to track problems more efficently. Also we must have a better way to document important stuff. I see a lot of stuff being repeated on the forums over and over again. Perhaps it's time for a wiki.

Well, that is all for now. Over and out!

Re: Status update

10-4, 10-8.

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

matricks wrote:

Also we must have a better way to document important stuff. I see a lot of stuff being repeated on the forums over and over again. Perhaps it's time for a wiki.

Agree :>

aka oop²

a very big red search button maybe will help to wink

Will laser rifle  be implemented in 0.4.0 smile ?

Don't try to catch the Night !
Useless simplifications is worst enemy of simplicity. (C)

yes

Used to be very active waay back

Nice
/me votes for matricks Birthday Party on 3th of march in a 32 server celebrating with the most active forum members wink

Struppi wrote:

Nice
/me votes for matricks Birthday Party on 3th of march in a 32 server celebrating with the most active forum members wink

I'm on big_smile

Used to be very active waay back

but using a pw wich will be related on IRC ^^

MUST to be on this server^^

Struppi wrote:

... celebrating with the most active forum members wink

Hehe, there's one trying to beat the highscore. Hopefully he'll stop sometime.

Concerning the community: A lot of verbal and grapical diarrhoea is produced and as the masses don't know how to search, a lot of multiple threads are opened. It really gets me annoyed, but I don't know how to solve this problem. Maybe more moderators? But that does not prevent from posting low-quality posts.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

most active means Quality not quantity wink almost his posts r useless

Yay, freeposting sux :>

aka oop²

If you do make a wiki, please please please use MediaWiki. It's basically a standard, and it works really really well. And stuff is going to be repeated in the forums no matter how many times you tell people not to -- it's easier for them to ask and get an answer than to actually go out and find it themselves.

Also, are we going to get an API/documented protocol anytime soon? My friend is working on some statistics software, and it'd make it very easy for her to work on it if we weren't trying to reverse-engineer the client.

HEY MATRIX
you should open a new thingy for your birthday, but since we can't really give you anything...then...oh i dunno its just that its your birthday and you and your team have been working alot on teewars and its one of the best games ive ever played on my computer, so you should open it up to the fact it's your birthday!
also, it may be a good idea to do this for not only your own birthday, so noone complains smile

I am Teh Landshark. Feer meh.

15 (edited by Innocent Hawk 2008-02-27 06:19:26)

*Dreams of being a Moderator*

smile

Can't wait for 0.4.0! Take your time.

EDIT: Hey wait, I just noticed the emotions changed and my donor badge is gone. sad

Ahh.. badges code is gone due to forum upgrade. Will fix when I get home.

EDIT: Fixed now

Yay! smile

18 (edited by Chrono Syndrome 2008-02-28 16:28:54)

Hmm... Well, why laser rifle addition doesn't mentioned here: http://ix.teewars.com/trac/roadmap ?

http://ix.teewars.com/trac/ticket/289

Ah... Thx !

wiki? I'm against wiki because game is not that big!

Furry

The wiki can be not that big as well. Already is, in fact, but it seems to be down now.