Re: [MOD] FlagBall

What's the problem with the bad config ?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

152 (edited by Jini 2010-01-26 21:43:51)

I'm sorry for having postponed this release so long. Here is the 1.17 version. Changes from the 1.16 are:

-- A bug that crashes the server when the disconnected player scores is fixed.

-- Idling spectators can now be kicked from the server. This is made to prevent malicious users from holding server slots. It is regulated by sv_fb_spectator_idle_time option.

-- Any action against idling players is turned off by default.

-- It is possible to shoot the ball with the laser rifle now. When shooted, the ball gains some speed in the direction of the laser beam. The amount of speed is described by sv_fb_laser_momentum option. It may be positive, negative or zero. Positive momentum pushes the ball along with laser beam, negative pulls it in the opposite direction. When momentum is non-zero, flag changes color when being carried or shooted at. Its color indicates who can score with it. When momentum is zero, gameplay is the same as in 1.16 version.

Link: flagball-1.17

Delta: flagball-1.16 -> 1.17

A few additional notes:

I have discovered a wonderful collection of mods here. I think my next step will be to add flagball to it

Unfortunately, NaP team have gone to another game and shut down their server. I'm planning to setup my own server but I have encountered a few problems. The main problem is to rent a hosting. I think I've found an appropriate solution from Santrex (Starter or Basic kit) but first I need to own a credit card that can be used to pay over Internet. I hope I'll get it in about three weeks. So, flagball players, don't get too far away, I hope we will be able to play this interesting game again.

I have no experience in hosting game servers so if someone can comment that Santrex solution or suggest something else, I'd be glad to read.

Edit (26.01.2010): fixed broken links

153 (edited by Dune 2009-11-09 19:40:07)

Very nice mod Jini smile
And nice idea to make interferences with the laser.

I have discovered a wonderful collection of mods here. I think my next step will be to add flagball to it

Not there... this collection really sucks.
You got each 5 sec a broadcast with the name of the mod, when you connect too, and for every killing/ended etc..., when you type "..." or "-.-", it answers Wrong command... most of the time your screen is flooded with useless info.
You don't need that, indeed.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

154 (edited by Jini 2009-11-09 20:47:43)

What I do like in this collection is an idea of bringing as many mods as possible in one binary. I agree that some work shall be done to make it of better quality. I already have some thoughts and I'll see what I will be able to do.

Btw I'm not the author of the mod. All credits should be directed to datag.

As many mods as possible-> joke ? There is only instagib and iFreeze... even the modpack from scosu got more mods yikes
Most of the interesting and popular released mods are open-source, you can tell to datag to make a pack, it isn't very difficult...

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Very nice mod Jini smile
And nice idea to make interferences with the laser.

Not there... this collection really sucks.
You got each 5 sec a broadcast with the name of the mod, when you connect too, and for every killing/ended etc..., when you type "..." or "-.-", it answers Wrong command... most of the time your screen is flooded with useless info.
You don't need that, indeed.

Well, the 'useless info' you call it is the killing spree and a welcome message.
I know I didn't implement more stuff to broadcast all the time.

Also please notice, that killingsprees can be disabled.
'-.-' definitely doesn't make the server popup an 'invalid command' message.

Anyways, there really are some bugs in that mod and jini, if you improve it (I would be really grateful), please take a look at the take_damage method of the CHARACTER class.
Afaik I accidently took out the calculation with armor, so it basicly doesn't use armor in Vanilla-like games. ^^

~{MonkeyStyle}~ - Instagib Teeworlds Clan
VISIT US: http://monkeystyle.xooit.com/
Check out our IRC channel: #monkeystyle on QuakeNet || Also check out the TeeWiki: http://teewiki.info

i'm quite frustrated from flagball servers status now.
the only server running is the GIN's, but i dont like it, because it has a huge maprotation, include CTF maps, and it has no options for common users to change map, etc.
with my personal server i have problems with config, the most unpleseant error is impossibility of hooking the flag...

so, if somebody helped me with config
-- or --
gave me his server to host on my pc (i have quite good and very wide connection and pc runnig very often)

i would provide FB not 24/7, but most times.

ps: i'm runnig Windows the most, so i need windows server.

Try to change sv_fb_laser_momentum (positives values and negatives ones)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

how does it relate to flag hooking ?

When shooted, the ball gains some speed in the direction of the laser beam. The amount of speed is described by sv_fb_laser_momentum option. It may be positive, negative or zero.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

i dont think flag shooting but flag hooking .. that you can gain the flag not only by getting to the same position but for longer distance by hook

162 (edited by Dune 2009-11-13 14:59:46)

You're right, I haven't seen that wink
You can't hook your flag, and if it was implemented that wouldn't be like hooking tees.
In fact, the best way to deal with "ball" hooking is to do the ball appearing as a tee smile The hook would be predicted by the client then.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune, I'm afraid you haven't play FB very much, specially on Nap's server.
Hooking the flag istn't the same behaviour as hooking the tee. Just exactly when the hook reaches the flag (=ball) you gain it.
It my be some option in server setting, i have heard that it is possible only in the newest version of the FB server. ANd it's a FB's speciality.

The hookable flag is a special feature which is content of the latest versions released by Jini.

How it works is well described in the post above.

You can turn it off smile

Flagball is my passion, Instagib has my heart and I'm a real Nap (:

165 (edited by Mad! 2010-03-12 19:02:40)

Hi guys,

I have download binaries for host a server, but can u say me important options to write in my FlagBall.cfg (just for this mod. I know other basic option used in teeworlds...)
Thanks

Mad is totally mad
Mad from a lovely french team called |ZPote|

I wished to mirror your modfiles, but all i got is the source and patch, rapidshare deleted the bins...

Inofficial but fast as hell download mirror, directly downloadable:
http://teeworlds.secu.in/flagball
(incomplete)

Official hoster of the Lvl|x servers | lvlx.org
Mirroring popular Mods at teeworlds.secu.in
Hosting tons of Servers on my Gbit Root

So I have been debugging my server this morning running Jini's 1.17 patch and it has segfaulted twice with this same message.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x002f2071 in memcpy () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0x002f2071 in memcpy () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#1  0x08058bb0 in mem_copy (dest=0xb77e4bf0, source=0xb77e5006, size=4294967293) at src/base/system.c:231
#2  0x080539f1 in unpack_packet (buffer=0xb77e5000 "", size=3, packet=0xb77e4be0) at src/engine/e_network.c:231
#3  0x0804d951 in netserver_recv (s=0xb779401c, chunk=0xbffff314) at src/engine/e_network_server.c:321
#4  0x0805c5eb in server_pump_network () at src/engine/server/es_server.c:956
#5  0x0805cc02 in server_run () at src/engine/server/es_server.c:1169
#6  0x0805d41f in main (argc=3, argv=0xbffff494) at src/engine/server/es_server.c:1374

At first glance this doesn't appear to have anything to do with the actual modified code, but any help would be appreciated. I really want to get it stable as I am sure the many players on the server do as well.

Did you applied this patch ?

I haven't applied that patch yet but will do it right away. Thanks!!!! That last bug clearly seems to be the one causing the seg faults I have been experiencing. Of course I will continue to run my server under gdb. If anyone has any suggestions for it or would like help running their own flagball server, feel free to send a message.

Hooray to new maps! I've added Nilaya's to my server map rotation.

By the way, those interested in flagball maps may also download them from me.

If you are interessted in another map, here is one from me smile

• fb_nightfight

Gametype: (i)fb
Version: 0.5.X
Map size: 311kB
Download: Click Me
Screenshot: Without GL: Click Me
                     With GL: Click Me
                     Ingame: Click Me

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

172 (edited by myX'piXeL 2010-07-04 18:31:51)

The download link is crap.
Could someone please upload the latest version? <3

Why is it crap? That is the latest version...

Account inactive since 11/8
.. Although i sometimes visit :3...

The link don't work o.O

I wasn't sure where else to put this but there is a minor bug in the mod where if you start as red then switch to blue, the red team will get the points for taking the flag its stand. Also, hooking the flag does not award a point in any situation. It's not critical and in my opinion there is no reason to award a point for taking the flag from its stand.