Topic: Server functionality: Auto kick on high ping, user banning

Hi there,

I today started a server, but am missing some features on the server side. I read that management on 0.4.0 will be improved, but I couldn't find any details.
I'm missing functionality to kick players from the game, if their ping is too high. For now I saw a lot of users >150 ms, I would like to limit to 150ms, and perhaps allow a softlimit of 10ms inbetween a player gets a warning before getting kicked.

As such, user banning would be nice as well, not that I needed it, but alas.

Re: Server functionality: Auto kick on high ping, user banning

kicking works pretty nice just enter the id into "sv_kick="  and he will leave. in the Console u see the ID behind the Name "player (1) kills player (2) with xy

Oh my apologies, I should have been more clear about my issue.

What I meant was a server-side auto-kick on high ping. For example I configure something like sv_max_ping=150 then kick players when their above 150ms for a set amount of time.

o.4.o will make some things possible u didnt thought about it^^

Kick when above 150ms? My ping is usually 200-300.
Just looking at Teewars, there's currently only 3 servers that have a ping of 150ms or lower (for me), none of which have people playing.
If everyone implemented autokicking over 150ms then I would not be able to join any games... sad

im having a 1k connection and running with 30ms.... what connection do U have?

It depends a lot on where in the world you are and how far it is to the servers.

Used to be very active waay back

Plus general internet traffic, the quality of your ISP, what peering contracts they have, how many hops you need to go to a server, your firewall, packet filtering, proxying, etc..

But long story short, because you play this game in a set of users, if one person is lagging, everyone is having the negative sideeffects to it. I don't want that to happen smile.

Actually, you don't notice very mush if someone is laggy (except if it's you ofc) due to the prediction. Only effect you'll notice is that the player has quite bad reactions.

Used to be very active waay back

10 (edited by Slisochies 2008-02-19 05:48:17)

Struppi wrote:

im having a 1k connection and running with 30ms.... what connection do U have?

I've got a 2 Mbps connection, however I'm in NZ which is pretty remote and there aren't really any local servers. Plus my ISP isn't the best. smile

I usually have a ping of around 250ms when playing and it does occasionally result in being killed due to a shot landing where you were a split-second ago, but such is life. Teewars is still fun to play though.