Topic: [QUESTION] Is it alright to increase the number of users?

Hello! I wanted to ask if they can increase the number of users who may be heading ...
I need to do this to create "zombies" (a weapon from a mod I'm doing ...) normally would be 2 zombies in total.

it is "illegal" to increase the number of users? if you can... how many more?

Re: [QUESTION] Is it alright to increase the number of users?

1. mods are not supported
2. more players tends to be no fun

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

You can try to increase the maximum for the server, but I don't think the client manage more than 16 players.
Anyway, if you do this, don't forget to change the gametype tag so your server isn't advertised as a pure server.

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

i dont understand what u want.... if the zombies are some kind of bots. They are not allowed to show up in serverborwser!
Anyways... its not possible to increase the number of players without modifing the client so its pointless to do wink

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

You can do it, and you won't get banned, BUT you need to change the gametype AND release a modificated client.

Official clients don't support more than 16 clients.

Advertising fake players in the masterlist gets servers banned.

Also, when registering a mod to the masterlist, make sure the gametype is not standard.

Magnet wrote:

Also, when registering a mod to the masterlist, make sure the gametype is not standard.

I often see servers with 15/16 players, but no one is online.

Is there a way to report these servers?

mccae wrote:

We check them from time to time and ban them. We have planned to make an interface so that more people can ban those servers and act faster.

mccae wrote:
Magnet wrote:

I think you should use the refresh button, this happens to me too, because the server browser is not refreshed on every gui interaction.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

Magnet wrote:
mccae wrote:

We check them from time to time and ban them. We have planned to make an interface so that more people can ban those servers and act faster.

The thing is, matricks have to trust those "polices" very good, because this is one of his lifes creation, and he don't want it dead. The hard thing is not to build the system, it's to find trustable people which can use it.

torch wrote:
mccae wrote:
Magnet wrote:

I think you should use the refresh button, this happens to me too, because the server browser is not refreshed on every gui interaction.

*rolleyes*

Sure, I refreshed the browser. And the server still shows as 15/16. When I check the playerlist, they all have names with spaces only...

It's a russian hoster which has about 5 servers of this type

He's banned long time ago.

There is still the zeRezo server with bots, with 4 bots faking the number of players. Is this server planed to be banned ?

clarus wrote:

There is still the zeRezo server with bots, with 4 bots faking the number of players. Is this server planed to be banned ?

Not so far, the bots are regular clients, the server is not modded.

Not so far, the bots are regular clients, the server is not modded.

I don't see why it is a good reason. Implementation is not linked with the fact that there are 4 players in server list which are not.
Else every modder could connect dozen of light client mod (without graphic stuff, ...) to get a better rank with player sort. It is so easy sad.

clarus wrote:

I don't see why it is a good reason. Implementation is not linked with the fact that there are 4 players in server list which are not.
Else every modder could connect dozen of light client mod (without graphic stuff, ...) to get a better rank with player sort. It is so easy sad.

Hence the "so far", it is subject to change, but this matter is between the zeRezo server owner and the masterlist admins... We'll see what we do with the server owner when we have time for that.

Hum ... it seems that zeRezo admins are just your friends. So for one hand you post messages all the days and ban cheating mods. But one the other, zeRezo admins have time.
Maybe you are just hoping that people will forget that. But I do not, so that is why I ask again to ban these servers.

Zerezo are modded client... admin can monitor only servers... they can't ban manually clients.
Zerezo bots can join every other server if they want. Zerezo server is official and legal, nothing to say about it.

Remember this: Magnet and other admin can't and won't do nothing (for now) against modded client (or cheat). Maybe we must wait next versions.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

how do u plan to stop modded clients?
this game is open source and it was discussed sooooo many times...

so to stop this:
u are allowed to mod your server so bots are running on it but u are not allowed to show them as players in the server browser!
Modded clients doesnt matter! And i think magnet and matricks and all other of the team are doing a great job even they dont find all servers which should be banned!
If u want to see a server banned join irc and tell it the admins wink

could someone pls close this thread? ^^

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

20 (edited by clarus 2009-09-16 15:25:02)

how do u plan to stop modded clients?

Zerezo are modded client... admin can monitor only servers... they can't ban manually clients.

Who talk about to stop modded clients ? I do not see what you do not understand about banning zeRezo server (<- server, not client, please read before answering !).

could someone pls close this thread? ^^

Why ? This thread help people to notify cheating admins.

u should read before answering... on zeRezo are just modded clients as bots wink at least mrlantastic said so wink

and why closing?

the topic isnt actuaaly about notify cheating... read the topics name :\

*gV* rox ^^

u should read before answering... on zeRezo are just modded clients as bots wink at least mrlantastic said so wink

Since you like read before answering, please read my comment here big_smile.
And yes, zeRezo increase the number of player adding 4 bots, so it is linked with the title.

23 (edited by Lanta 2009-09-16 15:50:07)

yeah, but bots are not server-powered but client-powered. And EVERY CLIENT MUST BE COUNTED in the player number. Also if they are bot. Zerezo server is ok.

Bots -> server powered -> don't count
Bots -> client powered -> count

It's so simple...

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

24 (edited by clarus 2009-09-16 16:02:22)

Bots -> server powered -> don't count
Bots -> client powered -> count
It's so simple...

It is your point of view. But I prefer this one :

• fake player -> don't count

• true player -> count

Simpler. Again, if you do not understand why implementation does not matter, read this.
Also : sorry to be so rude with you. But I cannot let people say wrong thing about cheating. And you do not have to answer just to answer something because you feel attacked tongue

clarus wrote:

Since you like read before answering, please read my comment here big_smile.
And yes, zeRezo increase the number of player adding 4 bots, so it is linked with the title.

i read that post wink

and its pointless... why u want to ban a pure server only cuz there are client bots on it? If magnet would ban those server i would create such client only to join all insta servers to get them banned big_smile:D

*gV* rox ^^