Topic: Proxy support?

Hi all,

Since many networks (especially university/school networks) have proxies in their way it might be very sensefull to enable proxy support for Teewars. You could enter this in the settings->network.

greetings Lord Horazont

Servers:
For normal games: /usr/games/teeworlds/teeworlds_srv
For highly tuned and totally freaky games: /usr/games/teeworlds/teeworlds_special

Re: Proxy support?

WTF ?

Do you know what is proxy, and that it cannot be used for playing online games(excluding turn based). Proxy is caching-didacated machine. So your university can cache game files on their www proxy, or mirror ftp, it will be proxy-ing sth.
Maybe you were talking about NAT, and/or blocked ports. Then you must rout ports on roouter, cause routing that kind of(action game) network traffic is useless, and any low ping server will kick you. But you can always run dedicated server inside your masqarade(and try to make it also public, by routing one port on router(if you have acces), or if its impossible play only over LAN with university friends.

I know what a proxy is.
What you say matches to a HTTP-Proxy which caches contents, but there are also other kinds of Proxies which have also the functionallity of a NAT (the TOR-Network is an example, there is nearly nothing cached, you are forwarded through some machines). When you use a client to access SSH the contents arent cached too, but you have to route it through the proxy by specifying the local IP and Port of it.

Servers:
For highly tuned and totally freaky games: /usr/games/teeworlds/teeworlds_special

I actually have been playing Diablo2 over a proxy, the key is SocksCap, an application that lets you launch any app and force it to use a proxy. I bet it works with Teewars as well.

Go google for it.

Thank you, I will see what I find.

greetings Lord Horazont

Servers: