Topic: [HELP] What's wrong, the text of my tileset is "chewed"?

Hi.
I embed my custom tileset, select it for the tile layer and make map. But when I am putting text from tileset to the map (it is usually 4x4 units (256x265px)), on the map it is like cutted every after 64px (if you imagine a grid then it is exactly on its lines). So it looks like this:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1046/editorbugtw.png
I will very hapy when there will any solution for this problem, because of it makes my maps really ugly.
Kh.

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

Re: [HELP] What's wrong, the text of my tileset is "chewed"?

Ugh... this seems to be a very common problem with tile-set makers.

I once wondered why this happened too... I tired making a tile-set myself, and it came out looking chewed... So I began to wonder why the other images looked fine in game. So I looked at "grass_doodads", there seemed to be something wrong with the image, but when I looked at it in the map editor, it looked fine... So I began to wonder why it worked fine in the map editor, when it looked kinda "chewed".
So I figure this out: Chewed = Unchewed, and Unchewed = Chewed... weird right? So I puzzled this for a while, and figured out that when the makers of teeworlds first stared, they had to figure out a way to place images in the map editor in a logical way, by each square being the 64x64. But I guess when the first started making tile-sets, they wanted to be sure they are placing the images in the right place. So they figured to put lines in it to help guide them. But then you would see lines in the map editor so they made it like this: Where all of the lines you see here:

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/Really_now/cut.png

Will be cut out and the rest of the image will be squished together. Henceforth, parts are left out, making it looked chewed when they put it back together.
If that answers your question. ^_^

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

3 (edited by Landil 2009-08-31 21:17:08)

use the tileset borderfix executable

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:

I have got the tileset_borderfix.exe application, but how to use it?

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

khubajsn wrote:
Landil wrote:

I have got the tileset_borderfix.exe application, but how to use it?

Drag the image and drop it on the .exe file.

lordskelethom - want to reach me quickly? https://discord.gg/teeworlds

Besides, I guess it's the resizing algorithm which causes these problems.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

I'm sorry, but where is the "tileset_borderfix.exe"? I used the search function in teeworlds and it didn't find anything... I even looked in the computers search engine, and it came up with 0 results.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

I'm sorry, but where is the "tileset_borderfix.exe"? I used the search function in teeworlds and it didn't find anything... I even looked in the computers search engine, and it came up with 0 results.

you need to compile it (or let so. else compile it)

Well I'm pretty much computer alliterate... do you have one?

tileset_borderfix.exe (zip) - compiled for win32

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

Can khubajsn or a moderator please edit the first post and add the download link? And if it is possible please add  "tileset_borderfix" to the thread title or link the .exe somehow in the faq or make this thread sticky. This question is as old as the forum and even me/I asked for it loooong time ago.

Besides: --> This topic belongs to the graphic forum.

There are plans for one uniform Q&A topic, this one will certainly be in it.

Slinack wrote:

tileset_borderfix.exe (zip) - compiled for win32

Thank you thank you very much.
This will help me a great... great deal in making tile-sets... o_O

*P.S. I'd be nice if there were "tileset_borderfix.exe" down-loads for each type of computer. (Though, thank goodness I have a windows.)

just to add: dilate.exe (zip) - compiled for win32

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

15 (edited by Lanta 2009-09-04 10:42:27)

I post a Landil image he posted on his blog and I've founded really useful to understand:
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1636/dilateborderfixpngscale.jpg
For more information: http://landil.posterous.com

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

16 (edited by Landil 2009-09-04 05:27:25)

Hej mrlantastic, thx for asking wink, but posterous.com does not allow hotlinking, therefore you either have to post the link to my post or you have to down and upload the image to another filehoster.

17 (edited by Lanta 2009-09-04 10:42:40)

Landil wrote:

Hej mrlantastic, thx for asking wink, but posterous.com does not allow hotlinking, therefore you either have to post the link to my post or you have to down and upload the image to another filehoster.

I can see it O_O xD
but ok tongue
//edit: corrected

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin