Topic: Error loading map

Hello developer team. I post here for dollwitsch due of his worse english *g*.

We have the following problem:
dollwitsch created his new map "arenawarsv2". He made a server and I downloaded the map. When i want to join the server, the game crashes. I get no error in the game debug window.

I tried to run a LAN server with the map. The server debug window says: "Client ... dropped reason="Too weak connection (not a cked for 10 seconds).

dollwitsch tried to fix the problem (replacing the map, save under a different name, restarting etc.) but nothing works.

Is this a game engine error?

Map link: http://www.uploadhut.com/id38498/Arenawarsv2.rar

Help is accepted big_smile

Greetings
TroXx

<TroXx> - (Swiss) German Community Member
Currently active mods:
Ninjamod 0.3 - Improved Ugly/Q3-4 Mod

Re: Error loading map

I will refer to this newly sticky topic: http://www.teewars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=79

To be able to join a server running a custom map you have to make sure you have the map uncompressed in your ./data/maps folder. This means you must have a file called Arenawarsv2.map in Teewars map-folder.
In case you don't have it your teewas-client will simply die, without any message at all.
If you do fill these requirements, it is probably the host that should take a look at his firewall.

Used to be very active waay back

I have now tested the map, and I don't know why, but it seems teewars craches due to something in the map...
I suggest that you rebuild the map from the original arenawars.map and remove the one you have here. Also, use a standard brown tile the whole way around if you want to have a border, not an edgetile like it is now.

Used to be very active waay back

5 (edited by Dollwitsch 2007-10-01 16:34:54)

Troxx please translate firearrows second post into german, thx!

Dollwitsch wrote:

Troxx please translate firearrows second post into german, thx!

standardkrams mit map nicht beim client vorhanden bzw falsche version beim host -> also nix wichtiges smile

<TroXx> - (Swiss) German Community Member
Currently active mods:
Ninjamod 0.3 - Improved Ugly/Q3-4 Mod