Re: The new weapon

I am w8ing for the release! Go go go

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

@matricks, nice weapon. I was never a fan of the basic sniper idea, in this form it looks far more fun. I also agree with the limited ammo, will reduce the amount of spam in FFA games. Also, as mentioned above, being able to damage yourself from rebounds could make it more interesting!?

Is there any chance of other new weapons making it into the next release? For example a lightning gun wink

28 (edited by lazy_bum 2008-02-07 17:12:17)

mucha wrote:

Now got to download this VLC ... dammit
Oh gr8! Still doesn't work! Can't U convert it to any normal format plz?

lol! And what is "normal format"? Windows Media Video? Or maybe You want DRM with it? <;

PS. me likes new weapon from the movie.
PS2. FireArrow - I use mplayer on both windows and *nix.

I mean, something playable without this VLC. Because, as I wrote, it _doesn't_ work with my XP. Bitte schoen...

ThePuMa Clan

So use mplayer or some codec for WMP.... That's sick, You cant play _open_ format in windows. Monopolist++ </sarcasm>

VLC can work perfectly under XP, I used to have XP + VLC and all was good. Now I have Vista + VLC and all is still good.

@mucha, try uninstalling VLC and installing it again...

Rofl, funny weapon.

aka oop²

Can you make it possible, to change the color of the laser like the colors of the tees?

I think the shoot ist too fast

its a laser... laser= light ^^

With this weapon it would be possible to create cool instagib mutator. Opinions?

"I think the shoot ist too fast"

Well, zaz the only reason, it was created! To get zose damn flag runners.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Maybe made it chargeable? Then longer you hold fire - then more ammo it eats up and you get longer fire distance.

Furry

I think the weapen is too fast!

F***ing brilliant

Never the less, always the more

Seems like version 4.0 is going to be awsome!

I am Teh Landshark. Feer meh.

4.0 is going to be absolutly awesome, but I think 0.4.0 will be alright too wink

Speaking of that, I wonder how things are going in the dark dungeons of the Teewars Dev-team...

Just fine, thanks smile

45 (edited by Chrono Syndrome 2008-02-21 13:51:53)

1 question: if it's laser, why beam is so slow))) ?

Don't try to catch the Night !
Useless simplifications is worst enemy of simplicity. (C)

Pretty cool, been laying around with it in the svn. smile

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

what range does the beam have without bouncing?
Will the total range be higher when the beam bounces?

kann nix kann alles
irc: fedeago_UTzone
teelove

It travels a constant amount of units (800 I think), no matter how many times it bounces...

Used to be very active waay back

Ok wait, is this weapon in the game now? or is the sniper option in the map editor just for future?

<JB4> hehe <3 matricks (not in a gay way though) <matricks> awww sad <JB4> thats wrong I'm friggen 15... <matricks> thats legal here in sweden big_smile

It will be available in 0.4.0

The one in the editor is just a dummy, and won't have any effect on maps right now. I don't know though if adding the sniper in the current editor will actually make it appear when played in 0.4.0...

Used to be very active waay back