1 (edited by clarus 2009-08-28 18:35:33)

Topic: [MOD] Duel MOD

Duel MOD :
duel

Aim of this MOD
  • to made you able to play 1on1 DM duel more easily (less waiting, ...)

• to evaluate your true level, with an experience system based on the ELO algorithm

• to be the first mod with a room system, to let you play in different closed arenas

How to play it
  • go to a Duel server

• you will arrive into the main room. Here, you can see who is already fighting. And you can challenge free players by hitting them. If they accept the challenge hitting you too, you will be redirected to a closed arena for a 2 or 5 minutes duel !

• then, you will go back to the main room for a new challenge smile

Coming soon
  • a web interface to create 1vs1 tournaments, then giving you access to dedicated servers, with auto-demo recording, web page to list of all duels made, ranking, ... If you are interested in tournament creating, we can discuss to define this interface.

For developers

The source of this mod are not available, since TeeWorlds official moderators forbid to release a mod with a proxy system (see *MOD).
This mod is still in development, but official servers are already available. Any comment is welcomed ! ^^

Re: [MOD] Duel MOD

Seems like a very good idea.

A question to the maps:
There is the Main room in the middle where everybody spawns to challenge some 1 and then there are up to 8 other rooms that are made for 1on1 DM - should the rooms in 1 map all look the same?
Or should there be different shaped rooms?

Sounds like this will make 1on1 for many ppl a lot easier smile

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

i really like the idea. Hope the account system will come soon smile.

Now im gonna test the mod.

4 (edited by Lanta 2009-08-26 10:30:05)

U are going to use the proxy system?
I really like your idea, but maybe I'd like more this mod with a big map with many dm1 inside and a teleport system, instead of using proxy system of *mod.
And why 2 minutes?
Like AMN said, at least a good 1on1 match in dm1 need 5 minutes.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Captain AMN wrote:
mrlantastic wrote:

U are going to use the proxy system?
I really like your idea, but maybe I'd like more this mod with a big map with many dm1 inside and a teleport system, instead of using proxy system of *mod.

Because you would have a problem to display the results, restart etc.

The result could be broadcasted or written in a chat server message, for the restart you could do some event (maybe write "/restart" in chat?), for the timelimit you could use a timer that start when the players are teleported.

Seems like a very good idea.

Thanks for your good first feeling tongue

I think i have to inform you that the good players which represent a valuable user base for this mod only fight 1on1 with the criterias being the map is dm1 and the time limit is set to atleast/only 5 minutes.
Overall a good idea, but you should ask experienced players about their likes beforehand if you want your mod to have any meaning to teeworlds.

Yes, it is good for us to have comments from experienced players, since we are not tongue. Now there is a "pro" server, with dm1 only, 5 min duels, and one for occasional players with a random duel map and 2 min duels.

We had the choice, but it was simpler, to present round results in a standard way, as explained by Captain AMN. Moreover, it allows us to easily propose new maps, without having to copy them 8 times, and being sure it is exactly like the original map smile.

Sounds like a good mod. But I'm not sure if there is going to be a leveling system, but if there is, then lest say... An expert like a level 314, goes agents a level 83, and beats the level 314 miraculously then he/she will have a level up of 20% of the opponent had and the opponent will level down 20% of his original level. So the ending would look like this: The expert now has a level 251, and the level 83 now has a level 146...?

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Souds like a good mod,
The leveling system looks exciting cos you have to play the duel as if it was your life.
This will make beautifuler duel i think

splinter cell conviction will never outshine chaos theory!!!

9 (edited by clarus 2009-08-28 18:36:29)

Hi all !
Despite of the holidays, I made up the account system big_smile. Now, just go to a Duel server, and register you with the same commands as in lvl mod, ie :

/register <login> <password>
/login <login> <password>

There is this strong account system with password to prevent cheating. Indeed, else it would be easy to take a good account, play against him, make him lose and earn big experience smile.
Notice that many features are still planed, like displaying of best winner of the day, website with list of scores, ... ^^

10 (edited by clarus 2009-08-28 18:43:02)

Features added today :

• ranking system

• cookie system : hence you do not have to /login all the time smile ! Cookie system is based on Tee name and IP.

• win probability : thanks to the ELO algorithm, it is easy to compute your probability to win for each Duel ^^

• and cleaner help messages tongue

11 (edited by Lanta 2009-08-28 19:42:25)

clarus wrote:

Features added today :

• ranking system

• cookie system : hence you do not have to /login all the time smile ! Cookie system is based on Tee name and IP.

• win probability : thanks to the ELO algorithm, it is easy to compute your probability to win for each Duel ^^

• and cleaner help messages tongue

Nice... all works
a tip: your win probability, not you
On the other side, on rooms, i have the same ping but i lag!!!

I got some small idea that some players could like...

When ur logged in you could use the cmd /time x (x are numbers from 2 to 10)
This time gets saved to your account and when u challenge another player there is a msg like:
Player wants to challenge you to a x minute Duell. ~ y
y could then be the half between the 2 players times...

Just an idea to make the duell times better for the ppl.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

thata the lvl|x mod mrlanstic

swetankmodi wrote:

thata the lvl|x mod mrlanstic

i think i need a translation XD

New things were added today smile :

• a command /time as asked by Magic Merlin: set your preferred duel time ; won exp is not (yet ?) proportional to this time

• a command /top5 to know the best players

• you can say /room everywhere to know where you are

• finally, /exit command make you leave a duel arena to go back to the main room

This is a super idea for any current coders for 0.6.

Yeah Yeah Fine, I'll Code it.

Italic text

Man!! its just awesome!!

like it!!

its perfect for a good level enemy matching

and its a DUEL big_smile

Where can I go to download/install this mod? I'd love to play it!

pls bring to 0.6 ;d