1 (edited by Leviathan 2008-02-17 02:10:27)

Topic: Suggestion: UT-style sounds (Mooonsterkill)

Hi,

I played Teewars for some time now and I find it pretty cool smile It is in some sort similar to games like Quake and Unreal Tournament, and UT had this ultimately cool feature of sounds when making multiple kills - "Double Kill", "Multi Kill" etc. guess you know what I'm talking about.

Wouldn't it be great to add somethng like that to TeeWars? Shouldn't be exactly very complicated, I mean smile

Re: Suggestion: UT-style sounds (Mooonsterkill)

We've had some ideas along the lines of achievements, and it might make it into future releases.

As for VO, locating good voice talent is a time-consuming and rather ungratifying job. I'm not saying we won't do it, but my standards regarding SFX and VO are set pretty high, and it should be done right lest it become annoying and amateurish.

It would probably sound quite strange having a human voice in the middle of Teewars, which doesn't involve humans. Maybe we could use a tee's voice?

hmm where can we find a tee for voice work? smile

Again, I'm fairly conscious of what makes for a good audio experience. Using a UT-style macho VO (which we did for Teepop, which has a similar style to Teewars) might work, but the actor has to be pretty damn good. It's not something I see happening anytime soon.

Tee VO:s would probably just sound corny -- unless we ever decide to do a Japanese release, in which case we'd have to find a cute Manga chick to do over-the-top anime-style voices for free...