Topic: [REVIEW] Article about teeworlds in Archuser

Some time ago I contacted Archuser staff members if they would publish an article about teeworlds in their magazine. The answer was positive so i started writing. But i realised that i am not really good at that therefore I am asking you - the community if some people who have time and potential could get together and write a short overview of the game. If you have no idea how it should look check out the previous issues, they feature game reviews. I really hope this call of contribution wont go unanswered, because the Archuser magazine is on the rise ( almost 4000 downloads for latest issue ) and they need quality contributions, and teeworlds also needs some "fame". Since this is a magazine mainly for geeks, i hope we might interest some people who could help in the developement, or just join us on our late-night ctf killing sprees and have enormous amounts of fun.

PS.: I think the teewiki would be a great place for such a collaborative work, if there'll be more people willing to take part.

PS^2.: Great graphic designers which we have plenty of could make a picture for the review - my idea is a tee standing in front of the Archlinux logo, but it doest have to be that, it can be a screenshot from the game, or anything - it's our decision!

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

2 (edited by Bee 2009-06-11 22:10:49)

Re: [REVIEW] Article about teeworlds in Archuser

Okay.

"If you like Shooting & Multi-player games, but not big on gore, then you should down-load Teeworlds!
It's a fun 2D Multi-player game, with cute little buggers with guns, called "tees". It has: 6 different weapons; 1 item; 3 game types: CTF, TDM and DM; a map editor, for you map fanatics; customization of your tee's look: hue change and 16 different skins; server hosting; 4 different landscaping types: grassy, desert, winter and jungle; and fun obstacles like: non-hookable ground and death tiles, and much more! The best part about it...it's FREE! So down-load it today at: "http://www.teeworlds.com"

And here are some Quotes I found form other places about teeworlds:

A Quote from, Jonh Bardinelli, At Jayisgames.com

"(Mac/Linux/Windows, ~4MB, free) - An online multiplayer game of Worms-style fighting! Hoorah! Using simple FPS controls, this colorful 2D brawler puts you in control of customizable characters who pick up weapons and beat the squeals out of players from around the world. Because this game is open source, the level of customization is high, and the matches are quick, often frantic, and loads of fun."

Another quotes from the same guy, back when it was called Teewars. xD

"(Windows, Mac, Linux, free) - A great-looking side-scrolling multiplayer battle game that combines quick team skirmishes with Worms-like weaponry. Play several modes, including capture the flag, and wage ultra-cute war with several weapons and squishy Kirby-like characters. The only downside is it can be difficult to find a server with a steady connection, but when you do, it's worth every minute."

You can also type in "Teewars/worlds quotes" Into google.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

LOL AMN I was gonna say exactly what you said when I read the original topic. However, I think including Instagib should be a minor part of the article. One problem that Azon seems to have, however, is writing too much. I think we need more details on how long the article can be. I also believe that him interviewing matricks and teetow would be a good addition to the article.

I'd like to show this as an example of how simply brilliant this game is. Its in beta and can be published in a magazine without ANY advertising whatsoever (I think). I looked up "Teeworlds Review" and couldn't find a single bad review about this. On many sites, this has been a top free game. On download.com, this was a Top5 game back in version 0.3.0 for a couple of weeks.

Go TEEWORLDS!!! (I still kinda like Teewars more though)

<? php echo "Magix"; ?>
------------------------------------------------
Tee-City <--------- The one Teeworlds site to rule them all!

I think whoever is going to write this (and I vote for Azon, too) should talk about the 'official' Teeworlds and talk about the possibilities it has, but not specify. smile

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

Thanks for the feedback guys. I myself am looking forward for Azon to reply here to see if he wants to be the big boss of this project.

Magix wrote:

I think we need more details on how long the article can be.

I dont know if there are any limitations but I think a review should not be too long and therefore cannot touch all topics we would like to talk about. The point of the review should be to be easily readable, and get people interested, so when people read it they'll say: Wow, how cute I _gotta_ check out their site. That's why I had that idea with the logo - there's not much place for pictures, and a single screenshot can't express the nature of the game/play, but show those geeks a picture with their favourite linux's ( mine too ) logo and a cute tee infront of it and they'll shit bricks. Btw as I said their previous issues feature game reviews - Issue #1 and #2, so you can check them out.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

6 (edited by Azon 2009-06-12 10:38:24)

Wow nice to see my previous contributions have not gone by unnoticed!

Although it's a bit busy due to the final exams of this university year this would be a very interesting way to promote Teeworlds and get the word out on some of it's great features. It certainly would be nice to make this a community project on which a whole range of people could contribute, and therefor this is the approach I'm suggesting:

- There'll be a Teewiki page called Archuser review with a basic layout.
- Anyone who wants to contribute can write his or her part down there.
- Whenever necessary I'll keep an eye out for things as layout, grammar, other issues.
- The discussion page can be used for potential questions, arguments, issues.
- There'll also be need for people who know about graphical work, and for extra content like developers interviews.

As this is our first shot at a community game review and due to the fact that I can't use 100% of my time due to the previously mentioned exams we'll just have to see how things fit together. I'm sure that everyone will give his or her best and make this one of the best Teeworlds reviews ever.

Thanks very much. That's what I wanted to hear. Looking forward to start working on it.

Okay, thanks to the efforts of Azon we now have a teewiki page dedicated to the construction of this game review, so If you want to help with the writing check out the wiki page; to edit you need to have an account on teewiki. If you have ideas, discuss them on the talk page of the review. Your contribution is expected and welcome !

This project is nearly finished. The text and graphics are waiting for being published in the next archuser magazine. If you wanna have a look at the graphics and the text, visit http://teewiki.info/wiki/Archuser_review

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Torch, will you continue communication with Archuser staff and keep us informed within this thread?

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

Captain AMN wrote:

I think Azon is the right guy for this. His english is pleasurable to read, compact and rich in vocabulary. If we somehow manage to prevent him from writing about instagib, he will be the perfect choice. He could be the project leader. As this task wont eat up a big amount of time, i really hope he is up to it.

I count on him smile

And btw, nice initiative you show here torch; Teeworlds thanks you!

Imo no need to speak about insta at all, yeah. People just got to know the game, and then pick the mods they like in it. Vanilla, Insta, zombie, race, etc. Maximum, we can name those 4 (or more) mods, but without emphasising them.

~{MS}~ Eve ~{MonkeyStyle}~ - Instagib Teeworlds Clan
VISIT US: http://www.monkeystyle.tk
Check out our IRC channel: #monkeystyle on QuakeNet || Also check out the TeeWiki: http://teewiki.info

Maximum, we can name those 4 (or more) mods, but without emphasising them.

Space is limited, if you wanna participate, read the article and check the discussion page. Thanks.

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

I've submitted our work and ofcourse I will inform you of the happenings! Thanks to all the people who helped, I hope we dont have to wait too long to see our review in AUM.

Hey! This looks really good big_smile But i cant see that magazine since i don't live in the country its in. Could you photo copy the page at some point?

Bye.

We all live in the country its in -> the internets ! Its an online magazine and when it comes out ill post the link here. In my first post theres the link to the previous issues of the magazine.

ohh i didn't know big_smile I've never heard of it.

Bye.

dinosmoothie wrote:

ohh i didn't know big_smile I've never heard of it.

Just follow the links.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Oh, torch, I forgot to tell you: The skin was ready for a long time, but afaik u didnt need any more.
wink
But i decided to show it to you:
http://img.tee-city.net/images/archlintn.png

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

Thanks! I dont know why but it reminds me of this http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pxhWV3RCTJc/S … bradka.jpg wink

somehow yes...#
but i had NO idea how to draw a hoodie in 2d so that it looks proportionall.

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

Just want to inform you that this project has not died, but unfortunately there wont be a July release, so you have to wait till August to see our review in the newsletter.

Captain AMN wrote:

Umm just wondering...

Has there been an issue with our article or not? Looks like everybody just forgot about it ^^

I'm pretty sure it's dead. The website for Archuser now links to a mental hospital..

I was thinking about c&p'ing it to other gaming blogs, such as Kotaku or 1up.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Well I think the problem is that the original newsletter got merged with another Arch based community magazine and so I lost contact to the new authors, and I am not sure if they do game reviews any more. Ill investigate that soon though.

24 (edited by torch 2009-11-30 13:22:45)

This project is ACTIVE again. The review will be published in the January issue of Archuser magazine. I think the article needs a little reworking and retheming, soon ill be back with more details.