Topic: Gentoo Linux Teewars ebuild

As I wrote before in racemod topic, I've made an ebuild for Gentoo.

It was a simple, binary download and install inside /opt. After few fixes it now uses the source *and* optimisations! (:

Both (the source and binary) ebuilds can be downloaded from roslin overlay or mirror. Also, if You have layman check out this post (there's also paludis support mentioned in the comments)

Happy Teeing!

Re: Gentoo Linux Teewars ebuild

Nice, thanks for that.

3 (edited by FireArrow 2008-01-28 22:32:31)

Ah! I see you have made it more "gentoo" big_smile

However, if one specify the "dedicated" use-flag, should it still really build the whole game? Isn't the server enough?

Used to be very active waay back

4 (edited by lazy_bum 2008-01-28 23:55:10)

FireArrow wrote:

However, if one specify the "dedicated" use-flag, should it still really build the whole game? Isn't the server enough?

It installs the whole game + server, so it needs to build it anyway. There's no option to make "server only".

Maybe I should do some kind of "dedicatedonly" USE flag? What's needed to run teewars_srv? Maps only? I suppose audio/*.png/skins are not "runtime deps". And what about other deps? gcc/glibc/X11?

Ok, few more ideas.
1) split ebuilds (like KDE):
- teewars
- teewars-server
- teewars-data
- teewars-bin
- teewars-server-bin
- teewars-racemod (would depend on virtual/teewars).
2) mentioned "virtual":
- server
- "normal"

But it getting more and more complicated, right?
Yeah, but on the other side it would be easy to install mods like racemod or mappacks.

Ok, I made some HUGE rewrite of the ebuild, also noticed that there's some Teewars bug in Gentoo Bugzilla.

So, first of all, You have 3 install options:
- server (installed data is cut to minimum)
- server + client
- client

The bug.

PS. It's not postcount++ (;

Add this to the ebuild?
http://www.teewars.com/forum/viewtopic. … 4048#p4048

Take a look at my post like five posts down or so.

Used to be very active waay back

FireArrow wrote:

Add this to the ebuild?
http://www.teewars.com/forum/viewtopic. … 4048#p4048

Take a look at my post like five posts down or so.

It won't work (users can only read from datadir) or You will have to run as superuser or find some way to combine normal run and superuser script... And this is pointless IMO - when You will remove Teewars all the downloaded "content" will stay.

Also, a suggestion for the devs here. Make a second path to check out for maps/other content? I would be nice to just place maps in ${HOME}/.teewars/data/maps. What do You say? (: