Topic: _[REQUEST] for a game..svg

Hello guys,

I wanted to own a self-made game.png :-)

I now I ask YOU to upload me a game.svg where i can just recreate the default game.png without cutting them out step by step.

Please post it like in this thread

I know there are guids on  "how do you cut things off.." but isn*t it easier this way?? -how many people would the creater of the game.svg really help- a lot!

by `aka~ Destiny'
Teeworlds-Server: www.destinyhas.gotdns.com:8302

Re: _[REQUEST] for a game..svg

I have created a game.svg a couple of months ago, but I will not - and I encourage everybody not to do so - publish it. The result will be a flood of so called, would-be self-made game.pngs where a colour  is changed or some crappy standard shapes were added. If you really want to do a self made game.png you should go ahead and redraw the current one. This will help you to understand your gfx-application and the gfx-style better.

So please: DO NOT PUBLISH ANY game.svg !

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

Lappi Is very right people.
Don't do it.

_|---------------------------------------|_
  |Skins StudioPaw Steam Icon Graphics |

argree, especially cause i also have one=D

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

Lol Messenger...
I think most good Skin Creators have one wink

6 (edited by Landil 2009-05-14 07:12:26)

La-La-Lappi is right smile

And 101kl, either - I've got one, too. tongue
Whatever you want to create - weapons, doodads, main tiles, skins - if you redraw the official weapons on your own you will learn what the teestyle is.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Although it's unacceptable if people post uncredited recreations, this is certainly not an argument to halt the creativity of other people.

As you say, most good skin creators have one, therefor assuming the top poster wants to improve his arts this could just be what he needs. Redrawing the original game.png could also be a very useful exercise, but as the top poster has stated, would be too much work for little result. There's a good chance he wasn't aiming at the old teestyle in the first place, but only wanted a basic outline to work from. Considering there has never been a release of such premade file, you don't know if it actually will cause a flood of uncredited work. And when this flood would occur, the community has dealt with them before and made clear that the art in question was nothing but an uncredited remake. Developers and moderators will make sure these remakes don't stand a chance on the forum, or anywhere else for that matter.

The promotion of new artist has much more priority then defending the works already in existence. Legally they are open to the public anyway once they're published on the forum.

Uhmm Azon, every graphic artist here has created the game.png on his own. If he wants to create a new weapon I advise him to redraw one of the official weapons and then change that one.

Besides ... it looks like the original file (game.ai) disappeared, so there is no official one, which can be provided.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Indeed Landil is Right.
Also, when you say "you don't know if it actually will cause a flood of uncredited work",
You are only half right. because any time that someone Has released a SVG or template, they always get stolen.
People should learn to draw there own... not draw over others.

Lappi wrote:

So please: DO NOT PUBLISH ANY game.svg !

Hm thanks for those suggestions guys,
but please, I DO understand normal written posts
and I'm not such a "faggot faker".
And as you can see there are some good artworks among my posted stuff in this forum... I will make my own one now because  I have the abillities to do so.... I didn't mind the fact Lappi was talking about; sorry for that.

I just wanted to know whether there is a game.svg in this forum or not.

I just can repeat myself: Please be friendly cause people might not mind things although it might be hard smile)

Going to draw it now xD

Destiny

by `aka~ Destiny'

Landil wrote:

La-La-Lappi is right smile

And 101kl, either - I've got one, too. tongue
Whatever you want to create - weapons, doodads, main tiles, skins - if you redraw the official weapons on your own you will learn what the teestyle is.

la-la-landil, i sometimes redraw your 3d gfx,just to have some practice=D
btw i agree with u all, but destiny, i think MAYBE i could send one to u... Maybe...

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

IMO one of the best method is:

-Grab Jeppos template
-Import it in Inkscape
-create a new layer
-Draw your stuff on the new layer
-Delete the template layer
-save as png
-????
-Profit !!!

another solution: redraw 'em yourself. (duuuuh...)

A wise man told his fellow FPS gamers once: "god forbid any of you going into war"

Whats Jeppos Template?

by `aka~ Destiny'

Use The Search Function.
Use The Search Function.
Use The Search Function.
Use The Search Function.
Use The Search Function.
Use The Search Function.
Use The Search Function.
Use The Search Function.
Use The Search Function.
Use The Search Function.
Use The Search Function.
Use The Search Function.
Use The Search Function.

Dunno if it can help you, but I just use the gimp for editing my game.png. You can take inspiration from the number of game.png which are available here on the forum, and thus make one of your own. Worked perfectly for me, and I can say that I am not a graphist at all.

The only restriction I could see here would be not to display your creations here if it uses one's graphics. Or at least ask the author if you can do so.

WIsh you some good graphic works smile

~{MS}~ Eve ~{MonkeyStyle}~ - Instagib Teeworlds Clan
VISIT US: http://www.monkeystyle.tk
Check out our IRC channel: #monkeystyle on QuakeNet || Also check out the TeeWiki: http://teewiki.info

Destiny wrote:

Whats Jeppos Template?

The template that you're mentioning is on the TeeWiki:

Click here for a direct link.

ah ok, i owned it before but dind't know the name of it, but thx anyway smile

by `aka~ Destiny'