Topic: Problem with server

Hi guys,

i got some problems with my Server. I set it up like the tutorial told me. The server works fine in LAN but i can't see it in the Internet. My server config looks like this:

sv_name=Sample DM Server
sv_gametype=dm
sv_warmup=10
sv_map=dm2
sv_maprotation=dm2 dm6
sv_max_clients=8
sv_scorelimit=20
sv_sendheartbeats=1
masterserver=master.teewars.com

And yes I opened the ports in my router.

Re: Problem with server

Hi!

Try to set sv_name= to an other name, maybe the serverlist blocks servers with "Sample DM Server" as the servername...

I tried unnamed but it didn't work, too. My console seems to be normal. I compared it with others here shown in the forum and theres no difference.

4 (edited by Landil 2008-02-05 10:33:12)

Maybe your server is behind a firewall? try to open the port 8303

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Yes, opening the port 8303 doesn't help if your have a firewall running on the server. Is this a dedicated server or is this server on your own machine?

You need to say your router that it redirect the serverport to your lan-ip.

Ok people. As i said i opened the port in my router. The server is running on my own machine.

@sfd How to say my router that it redirects the serverport to my lan-ip?!

8 (edited by sfd 2008-02-05 16:29:09)

i don't know about your router. rtfm or just click through the webinterface. smile

rtfm?!

read the f*cking manual

Used to be very active waay back

-.-' thx for help...

There is no general guide to portforward your router. It's different in every model.

Open up the command line (Start -> run -> cmd) and type "ipconfig". Enter the gateway IP in your web browser, and it will ask you for login and password.. now if you are lucky, the logindata is the default data. There is a page somewhere that has a database with default datas for many router models. Google it!

If you made it in the control panel, look for "Port Forwarding". If you found it, set up a new forwarding to your LAN-IP (also displayed in "ipconfig"), and set the port to your desired server port.

Should help you out~

<3

OMFG... As I said in my first post i did the f*cking Port Forwarding. T_T

14 (edited by FliPPeh 2008-02-05 18:16:57)

You said you OPENED them. Its not the same as forwarding them. And since you asked how to redirect, i told you. Thats what works for me _ALWAYS_.

<3