1 (edited by Landil 2008-02-04 19:57:16)

Topic: Feedback - review

First of all: Many thanks to the Swedish developers (Tak se mycke)
I'm playing teewars since 0.2 and it's a really cute little lovely game. I hope it will stay free forever. Here are my gathered impressions.

Weapons:
It's hard to kill a tee, if he's running away all the time. Especially on ctf2 one can see that this increases time played and boreness.
--> We need a weapon with increased range or an easier possibility to slow down the flag carrier. (Hooking is not a possibility, because one needs the hook to move as fast as the carrier)

[Okay, I will test the laser, maybe it's enough big_smile ]

Ammunition:
I would be pleased if the capacity would be increased or if the respawn time of the weapons would depend on the amount of players on a server.

Noobs:
This is a really really special case. If you have continuously played some weeks and your skill has improved it's hard to find a server with team-mates (CTF) which challenges you. And if you have a roadrunner *meep meep* in the opposite team (see above) it's really fucking annoying, because this match will take so long. If you move as fast as the flag-carrier, the only thing you can hurt with your rocketlauncher is yourself. The shot gun will end in the nowhere and nubs won't even come close to you. --> IMBAAAA wink

Chat:
Sometimes it's hard to find the time to read the chatmsgs. I would be pleased if there would be an option to reread the last msgs. maybe a chat module as in WoW.

Maps:
Two brilliant ctf-maps do we have. But it's not for the same amount of players. ctf1 is for a maximum of around 8 players. ctf2 needs at least 6 players to make fun and can easiely* bear 12 players (that IS fun). More maps are appreciated, but I can see, this can be done by "fans". Maybe there should a map-contest take place?

Themes:
Just another idea I had today. A space-theme would be great and if it is not so much rework for the physics-engine one could reduce gravity. I'm sure there are some freaks out here, who would love to make sth. like "Staar Wars" XD - an alliance vs. empire mods. (I would love to play a comic-wookie or a x-wing-pilot *hint*)

Race:
Races are a really nice tee-mod. I DO love it. It's a lot of fun and increases your moving-skill. The graphics need a redesign and one should avoid one-hight-tunnels. But I'm sure that will change with race-mod V2 ;-)

Map-Editor:
It's unsupported, so I have to wait until 0.4. :-/
But here some possibilities to improve it:
- Something like a "new map" button, which creates 3 Layers (Bg, Main, Fg) with a choosable theme. At present I do not find the possibiltiy to put the themes into the layer. :-?
- Would be great, if one can include own graphics (or if it would be communicated how it works, I know that airen did this with his ctf.)
- A possibility to copy complete elements from other maps would be great. This would be very nice for creating new race maps.
- a tile through which one can shoot but not walk would be nice, too. e.g. a tile with a hole --> one could create things like bunker.

Clans:
Oh yes. It would be great to choose a clan-colour, which can be seen on clan-matches in CTF or TDM.

Flags:
I would love to see some national flags in front of the name. (optional)
Or one could take the international abb. like GER, SWE, FIN or the car abb.s like D, S, FIN ...

Point-System:
I think it would increase the flexability of the players if the reached score during a match would be transfered to the other side, too, if he changes. Of course his old score won't effect the score of the new team.

Another point is the KDR. An introduction of this feature would be nice.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Re: Feedback - review

Landil wrote:

Weapons:
It's hard to kill a tee, if he's running away all the time. Especially on ctf2 one can see that this increases time played and boreness.
--> We need a weapon with increased range or an easier possibility to slow down the flag carrier. (Hooking is not a possibility, because one needs the hook to move as fast as the carrier)

I tend to agree, 1on1s aren't that evil but running is a rather big issue in my eyes.

Landil wrote:

Okay, I will test the laser, maybe it's enough big_smile

Probably solves the problem.

Landil wrote:

Ammunition:
I would be pleased if the capacity would be increased or if the respawn time of the weapons would depend on the amount of players on a server.

I don't likea the idea of dynamic respawn times really. Even DM is about map control so if there are too much players then there are too much players. If there are the right amount you still should be able to control the map. Get a gun and be able to hold it!

Landil wrote:

Noobs:
This is a really really special case. If you have continuously played some weeks and your skill has improved it's hard to find a server with team-mates (CTF) which challenges you. And if you have a bladerunner *meep meep* in the opposite team (see above) it's really fucking annoying, because this match will take so long. If you move as fast as the flag-carrier, the only thing you can hurt with your rocketlauncher is yourself. The shot gun will end in the nowhere and nubs won't even come close to you. --> IMBAAAA wink

Again, this problem might be solved by the laser.

Landil wrote:

Chat:
Sometimes it's hard to find the time to read the chatmsgs. I would be pleased if there would be an option to reread the last msgs. maybe a chat module as in WoW.

The improved console is part of 0.4.0 and will solve this problem as well.

Landil wrote:

Maps:
Two brilliant ctf-maps do we have. But it's not for the same amount of players. ctf1 is for a maximum of around 8 players. ctf2 needs at least 6 players to make fun and can easiely* bear 12 players (that IS fun). More maps are appreciated, but I can see, this can be done by "fans". Maybe there should a map-contest take place?

As long as the map editor isn't supported and is bad to handle you shouldn't expect awesome maps nor mapping contest. Wait for 0.4.0!

Landil wrote:

Themes:
Just another idea I had today. A space-theme would be great and if it is not so much rework for the physics-engine one could reduce gravity. I'm sure there are some freaks out here, who would love to make sth. like "Staar Wars" XD - an alliance vs. empire mods. (I would love to play a comic-wookie or a x-wing-pilot *hint*)

The mod support is supposed to be in 0.4.0 or 0.5.0 so wait again wink

Landil wrote:

Map-Editor:
- Would be great, if one can include own graphics (or if it would be communicated how it works, I know that airen did this with his ctf.)

You already can, see the mapping section!

Landil wrote:

Another point is the KDR. An introduction of this feature would be nice.

KDR?

I don't care.

Re: Feedback - review

KDR = Kill death ratio

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!