1 (edited by ilili 2009-04-16 17:10:49)

Topic: [QUESTION] What is Tee-ish?

Dear friends

I'm quite sure nearly everyone has is own opinion of tee-ish graphics (skin's/weapon.png's and so on) and arts.
BUT what is tee-ish for you? I'm very curious what is it for you! Write it down here and diskuss with me about tee-ish or not tee-ish.
Maybe this topic is useless....... BUT maybe are you not the right one to diskuss in it........ WELL its your own decicion! (damn it I think I wrote it wrong.... I hope you know which word I mean big_smile )
I also ask the devs, then aren't they the creators of teeworlds and doesn't they have the biggest right to say what is tee-ish or not tee-ish?
LET'S GET STARTED!

This old fellow has left this forum to find his way somewhere else. Don't search for him, he'll be fine. Probably. But don't forget him or his deeds (if there are any deeds...)! Never forget the good old ilili.....http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6460

Re: [QUESTION] What is Tee-ish?

Teeish is following the style of the official graphics, which include comic-like thick lines, no gradients, light and clear colors and hard shadows. It's not much harder than that.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Simple, cute, round, tiny, shiny, colourful, happy, smiling,...

That is what comes to my mind when I think of a tee smile

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

Chi11y wrote:

Teeish is following the style of the official graphics, which include comic-like thick lines, no gradients, light and clear colors and hard shadows. It's not much harder than that.

it's not that easy chilly, as the desert tileset has some gradients

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:
Chi11y wrote:

And the official logo too.
I think some people here have the teeish style, like Landil of course smile.

lordskelethom - want to reach me quickly? https://discord.gg/teeworlds

Tee-ish can have many meanings, and therefor it should never be used as an argument to criticize by. It's mainly a nice word to describe the style of the default graphics.

This style is nowhere near mandatory for community created content though. There are many drawing styles which are both non-tee-ish yes still very pleasing for the eye.

7 (edited by Mecha-Kirby 2009-04-16 19:34:32)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff304/RT-13/teeish.png

Take a look at the example-image above, it explains alot. I guess it is the basics of the style.

The main parts of the style are just 3 colors (The main body color, a color that is a bit darker than the main body color & black for outline).

The left image part is (always) used in skins and in game skins, the right one is seen only on game-skins. Doing those waves is not hard (in paint.NET not tongue ). If really needed, I can do a tutorial how to do something in Paint.NET.

I hope it helped a bit smile

A wise man told his fellow FPS gamers once: "god forbid any of you going into war"

Stephanator wrote:

Simple, cute, round, tiny, shiny, colourful, happy, smiling,...

That is what comes to my mind when I think of a tee smile

Smiling? Since when did tees have mouths? big_smile

hehhehehehehehe.

Good point XD

But i agree with simple round an shiney smile

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

I AGREE WITH, simple, pretty, nice, cartoony, and cool (always)

hehhehehehehehe.

Simple. thats it smile
oh ya. and it has ovally eyes

Franchan123 wrote:

Simple. thats it smile
oh ya. and it has ovally eyes

Black eyes, standard size and nothing else.
I hate for example noses.

Hooker's collection of the most Tee-ish skins!
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39896

lordskelethom wrote:
Landil wrote:
Chi11y wrote:

Oh, we started to count things with gradients, cool.
* Theres a soft shadow in the grass tileset under the grass itself. Just look at the higher res gfx in the repository.

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

shmafoozius wrote:
lordskelethom wrote:
Landil wrote:

Oh, we started to count things with gradients, cool.
* Theres a soft shadow in the grass tileset under the grass itself. Just look at the higher res gfx in the repository.

hehe you got it. Don't forget to mention the sun as well.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Well, I must disagree with cute
Look at the tee in my avatar! Does this guy look cute? Or does the realistic weapon stuff (from 101kl, if you dont like it, dont say anything about it) looks cute? Well, I dont think so......
ANYWAY I saw good post already........GO ON FELLOWS!

This old fellow has left this forum to find his way somewhere else. Don't search for him, he'll be fine. Probably. But don't forget him or his deeds (if there are any deeds...)! Never forget the good old ilili.....http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6460

16 (edited by shmafoozius 2009-04-17 13:28:22)

ilili wrote:

Well, I must disagree with cute
Look at the tee in my avatar! Does this guy look cute? Or does the realistic weapon stuff (from 101kl, if you dont like it, dont say anything about it) looks cute? Well, I dont think so......
ANYWAY I saw good post already........GO ON FELLOWS!

Is your avatar or this "realistic" weapon skin some original work which is part of vanilla Teeworlds?
"Well, I don't think so......"

And what's up with all those deformed/big feet on some Tees in the community? Ugly and not teeish.

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

in my opinion there are diffrent tee-ishs:
the one is about graphics, if you take a look at some graphics which are commended as "tee-ish" they are mostly round, clean, only few coloures (sharp shadows and no gardients) and look a litle bit plastic like.
the other tee-ish, you will find at maps, maps who are made on the same way like the officiel ones (well tiled, fluently gameplay and so on...) are tee-ish too!

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991

18 (edited by ilili 2009-12-29 12:43:45)

shmafoozius wrote:

And what's up with all those deformed/big feet on some Tees in the community? Ugly and not teeish.

For some people (e.g. bobsmiley...) its easier to draw tees with this kind of feet. And they aren't really deformed if you look closely.... just a bit bigger and thats just how some people draw their tees.......
And it is tee-ish anyway! Just because you think its ugly that doesn't mean that it isn't tee-ish!

and you're right with the cute, sry^^

Mecha-Kirby wrote:

Doing those waves is not hard (in paint.NET not tongue ).

It is easy in inkscape too. Just select the hand-drawing tool and turn on smoothing smile Then draw waves with your mouse and it will be smoothed automatically.

Look at the date of the last post in a topic before posting. Some discussions might have faded away a long time ago and restarting these might not always be functional. // ~{MS}~ Azon

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

20 (edited by ilili 2010-01-09 23:39:02)

Azon wrote:

Look at the date of the last post in a topic before posting. Some discussions might have faded away a long time ago and restarting these might not always be functional

The discussion hasn't faded away a long time ago! It's still going on! somehow....

[edit] bloit you for downvoiting!

a small little @#$!@# that wants to kill u lol