Topic: How to Use rcon cmd

Hi,
I want Rcon commands what is the use of the command, and how to log in?
Sorry for my bad englisch

Re: How to Use rcon cmd

Please read this.

Take a look at my posts with ideas:
Hammer+charge * Headshots smile * Yet Another Energy Gun * Map scrolling

Rcom Commands?

4 (edited by Dreamy 2008-01-28 20:31:47)

Rcon, as in remote control. Basicly it´s commands for remote controlling the server your´e playing on.

It has too be a server with an rcon password and you need too have that password written in settings. Then it´s just to press F2 (unless you changed the controls too something else) and write the commands. Most rcon commands changes one variable or another, like what map is used on the server or which gametype.

For more detailed information check the Docs section of this page.

What are the commands and how they work .....
If I then press F2 is Rcon: and what should I enter log (Rcon login PW) is not working ....
How can I kick or ban?

http://teewars.com/?page=docs&id=168

Every variable you can set in a config works for rcon as well.

I don't care.

7 (edited by Dreamy 2008-01-29 01:48:52)

All the information you ask for is in the Docs files, allthough it isn´t very pedagogically explained. To be completely honest with you, I had some trouble with it myself when I decided to try rcon out.

Since I´m pretty good at explaining things, I thought I´d give a shot at improving it. What comes next in this post is basicly a copy of the Docs file on rcon, but rewritten to be easier to understand (devs, feel free to copy this if you like it).

Using remote console

To be able to remote control your server, follow these steps:
1. Set rcon_password in your server config and start the server
(see the "Setting up a Server" document for details)
2. Set the same password in the client, available under settings, network in the game gui.
3. Join the server as a player

Now you can press F2 (configurable) and enter commands to the server.

All commands are in the form of assigning a value to a variable. For example, if you want to change the map used on the server to dm1, you write:
sv_map=dm1

All variables that are available in the config are available though the remote console.
(see the "Setting up a Server" document for all the config variables)

There are also a few more commands, listed below.

sv_status=1
This will print all the clients, their score and ip to the console.

sv_kick=id
Kicks a player from the server.

id is a number. To ba able to see the id of all players, set cl_show_player_ids=1 in the teewars config file of your client. In Windows, you can find this config file by doubleclicking on config_directory.bat in the directory you have Teewars. It´s called default.cfg. With that variable set you will see every player´s id to the left of their name on the scoreboard (when you press tab ingame).

sv_msg=my message
Use this to broadcast messages to all the clients.

sv_map_reload=1
Reloads the current map. Use this when you want the same map but another gamemode. Changing the gamemode variable won´t trigger a game restart, and thus it only takes effect after changing map or using this command.

...and putting that as an article in the docs would be a great idea smile

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

k thx

How can i see the ids of players with cl_show_player_ids where it has been written, I console rcon or in the chatfenster?

tab

Yes, but where do I enter the command ass there are ids

press f1 to get console text, then type cl_show_player_ids=1
then you can press tab to see their ids infront of their names.

14 (edited by Dreamy 2008-02-03 01:56:08)

Shootme: You are wrong. cl_show_player_ids=1 is not an rcon command. I also thought it was first but when I tried typing it it didn´t work. No, it is as I already explained in my rewrite of the doc above, one of the variables in the file called default.cfg in the config directory. If you use windows I´d suggest opening that file with notepad to change the variable.

and it´s f2 you press to type commands, not f1.

edit: I stand corrected. Two wrongs made a right I didn´t know of smile. How come f1 isn´t mentioned in any doc?

I know it's not a rcon command, that's why I said press f1, you can type it in the console and get the same effect as changing the config file it's the same thing.

Oh, didn´t know that. Handy.

THX

I dont find "Settings -> Network" in my client. Im using the precompiled linux version (32bit). Or maybe im just too blind. Any ideas?

you're blind smile

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

No really, i dont find it :-/