Topic: Game crash on Ubuntu

I've got a little problem. I use Linux Ubuntu. I can't run game twice a session. After second time ( sometimes third ) game crashes with system. The only way to get out of situation is to use CTRL + Backspace or restart. It's a little annoying, because I always need to logout and login before running game.

2 (edited by Rancor 2008-02-01 12:12:18)

Re: Game crash on Ubuntu

Hi!

I don't think the users can help you here without more information to this crash. Have a look at your Logfiles in /var/log/, maybe you can find more informations to this crash in files like the xorg.log.

But first try to update your graphic drivers, which one any which version do you use?

Yeah, whole system freezes.
I can play the game, but only once a session. I don't think it has much with drivers.

Sorry, have a look at my edit above... smile

I've looked trough the log and I didn't find anything. However now everything started working. I turned of full screen mode. Maybe a bit useless thread, and there was no need to write it, but it started working.

6 (edited by lazy_bum 2008-02-01 12:38:07)

Run the game from terminal and check out the messages there.

7 (edited by Soeb 2008-02-01 14:00:21)

I said actually it works. However how could I check messages from terminal when system freezes.

@EDIT: Figured out, why system freezes in full screen. The problem was I rune too much games at one time.