1 (edited by clarus 2011-01-11 15:20:43)

Topic: [MOD] MODsave

*MOD

Aim
  • record all your kills in a database

• allow you to show your experience

• challenge you to be the Tee God or the Day Tee

• remain as simple as possible

Info
  • available in standard and instagib MOD (DMsave, CTFsave, iDMsave, iCTFsave)

• today, more than 50.000.000 kills are recorded

• MODsave was the first save MOD in TeeWorlds

• chat command : /me : shows your scores to other players

• web page to get your scores : web page

• upcoming : alternative servers, web site to list all the scores

Download
  • MOD source

• nice admin files (not yet)

• official scores database (not yet, never ?)

Credits

Clarus; thanks to Dralliag, Keks and others tees for their advices.

Re: [MOD] MODsave

Interesting...

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

where can I get the mod from?

You cant download the mod

Sry for my bad english I'm just 15^^

5 (edited by Haze22 2009-04-11 10:54:58)

Yesterday, on Saturday 11 th April, I have managed the 20,000 points!
I've never played with a bot but my point was deleted and I was banned -.- "
That is not fair that I never had a bot was banned but the other ones always use go unpunished  -.- "

Yours sincerely, [Rz.G]haze22

Solved.

I really like the gametyp idm/ictf/itdm saved but I don't play it very often any more because there are much too many players using an aimbot. It isn't really fun when you play against 4 botters and always get killed by them an no one wants to kick them

Keks wrote:

I really like the gametyp idm/ictf/itdm saved but I don't play it very often any more because there are much too many players using an aimbot. It isn't really fun when you play against 4 botters and always get killed by them an no one wants to kick them

Agree, especially in this gametypes are tons of bots, that's really annoying... and it decreases the gameplay a lot sad

But at all the idea of saved scores is great smile

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

9 (edited by clarus 2009-04-11 22:16:33)

Hi Keks, one of our earlier player and our Tee God ! ^^

in this gametypes are tons of bots, that's really annoying... and it decreases the gameplay a lot

Yes, bots are the main problem. To change that, we launched new servers, CTFmem and DMmem ones, who save scores too but with standard mode (no cheat is possible so).
For instagib one, we are trying to release bot detection systems, but they are still incomplete and keep secret. We also have for example log analyzers.
Any idea, bot code example, or else is welcome !

I noticed that there was a system today where it said: <Player> may use an aimbot
I think this is the right way to do sth against aimboters on these servers
I hope this system will help so playing on these servers would be much more fun

@ clarus: How can you detect aimbots then??? Will the system say when you have got 20 kills in a row then it will kick you or what?

How can you detect aimbots then???

It is in fact difficult, even if the heuristic we are using is more complicated that one you describe. We prefer to follow the behaviour of player instead of their scores, but our algorithm have to be secret ^^

I noticed that there was a system today where it said: <Player> may use an aimbot

We released this system to auto ban the players all during the day, but we understand that it failed to much to detect bots, and many honest players were said to be cheaters. So it is now unactivated.

But when Easter/Ostern/Pâques will be finished, we will release a more accurate bot detector based on some populars aimbots we downloaded tongue

Another big problem is that there a lot of people faking ones name and then using aimbots so that the other players think that you have an aimbot. Someone made this with my name today and when I asked him why he's doining that he just said: I want that you have -10000 points. Hope you'll find a solution for this problem, too

14 (edited by Franchan 2009-04-12 16:11:37)

cant you make a code that checks if the person is using a modded client?
or check the hit/miss ratio by 100?
[the hit/miss ratio could be flawed because you can laserjump out of an aimbots reach but it could work ]

15 (edited by Destiny 2009-04-28 16:10:22)

but if you set such an code/program onto the server it'll be a problem with killing sprees i think...
i mean, if have such a nice time that u get nearly ur whole kills with one shot then u get banned for nothing...

so i dont think the hit/miss ratio is a good idea.

what about the race mod from rajh. he invented something like an auto-demo function for the client, so maybe this could be an idea for the server too. it could record demos of the players and  analyze the aiming of the players. i know this would cost much traffic but in my opinion its a proper idea...

by `aka~ Destiny'
Teeworlds-Server: www.destinyhas.gotdns.com:8302

Some aimbots aren't modded clients, the popular ones are seperate programs that  can't be detected by teeworlds. As for the name faking, you could implement a feature that checks by ip.

Bye.

so i dont think the hit/miss ratio is a good idea

We agree.

it could record demos of the players and  analyze the aiming of the players

???
The main problem is that it is always harder than it seems to make a perfect anti-bot, and we don't have time to make a good one with our exams.

Some aimbots aren't modded clients, the popular ones are seperate programs that  can't be detected by teeworlds

The client is always separated form the server, so it doesn't make difference.

As for the name faking, you could implement a feature that checks by ip.

But what if you play on an other computer ?

Hmmm...true. Maybe there just isn't a solution for this, or with the actual aimbot dll files that the noob players download, you could somehow program into the mod (if its not to hard) to sense the aimbots rotation of the gun. big_smile

Bye.

Hi,
I'm looking for the mod-Save iCTF and wanted me to ask if someone could send in icq?.
the net and would really urgent.
lation of the mod may have please contact me soon.
Thank you

I'm looking for the mod-Save iCTF

If you want a particular map, you can ask us.
But we cannot release this mod and see alternate servers because of score consistency.

to sense the aimbots rotation of the gun. big_smile

We tried such methods, but unfortunately it is not rely reliable sad

I have two things, first. Why the heck somebody banned me for 30 minutes????? I WANT and explanation. Second thing is about aimbots. Isn't the code check possible? Why would kill spree affect it since it's server-sided? The 20 kill row is stupid since you really can easily get that when you erm... defend and get spree.

For the name problem
maybe u can make a thing like a loginsystem
i imagine like you start the game log into the server and it asked you what your name is and the password
and for un-registered user you can make a register-option
i dont think it wont work but its a suggestion big_smile

If you want a particular map, you can ask us.

I'd be really happy if you could make this map on one of your servers
name: e.a.c-tower-defence
players: 12-16
best gametype for this map: tdm
scorelimit: 50-200

http://www.file-upload.net/download-165 … e.map.html
filesize:114kb

Hi... I think you need to change it so it scores for the ip and not the name... for instance: you could change your name to the top player then do loads of selfkills to decrease their score, or you might increase it if your nice... still it shouldn't be allowed to have someones score by using their name.

Bye.

Hi everybody,

Why the heck somebody banned me for 30 minutes ?

Maybe it is the auto-ban system (anti-campers, spawn-campers, ...) or someone who know hacked the admin password. It is now changed.

For the name problem : maybe u can make a thing like a login system

It can be implemented thought the chat system, but we could lost occasional players. We prefer to keep the system simple, to follow TeeWorlds philosophy.

I think you need to change it so it scores for the ip and not the name

We think that IP system is less relevant because you can play on other computers and some players have not  static IP. Moreover, you never lost score with self kills. But you can cheat with an other player name, so his score is reset to -10.000 sad We are careful with that.

I'd be really happy if you could make this map on one of your servers : name: e.a.c-tower-defence

It is done, Keks !