Topic: Considerations about aim and health not mentioned in the forum

i've ran through the threads and haven't found posts regarding this:

1 - health

the tees looks pretty tough to me. not that i can't beat'em, i've been playing for just a week and scoring 2nd, 3rd place. what i mean is that a tee can escape too easy from a battle, mostly because there are plenty of life and armor.

if someone really wants to "play to win", just need to run everytime he gots 3 or 2 hearts left. and thats not very hard to do, even if dueling against a pro. i think this should be considered, so the battles would be more intense, dealdy.

this matter affects the ctf a lot. it became a endless running mixed with battle avoidment.

it could be solved by many means. you could:

power up the guns
or
make less maximum hearts
or
turn the hearts in the map into semi-hearts
or
make the armor more vunerable

i hope you don't take me wrong. i don't want to take only 3 or 4 shots to get killed. i just think the tees are too overpowered

2 - aim

i like using the dynamnic camera off, but there is still something that i don't like. the aim itself still can be pointed through the entire screen. it could have an extra option to set this "dynamic aiming" off too, so the aim could be stuck to a closer radius and used just to point at the direction the player want to shoot, allowing an easier movement when turning around.

this can be done? is it an "easy" implementation?

finally,  i'd like to say that i hope teewars don't become a quake 3 or soldat alike,
because people seems to be expectinga lot of  new weapons, pickups, powers, etc, etc, etc. i love it being simple as it is. a few seletive adds are welcome, but just a few. thats my opnion.

keep the good work. became a tee fan

Re: Considerations about aim and health not mentioned in the forum

Gorecorpse wrote:

if someone really wants to "play to win", just need to run everytime he gots 3 or 2 hearts left. and thats not very hard to do, even if dueling against a pro. i think this should be considered, so the battles would be more intense, dealdy.

If you run with onlu 3 or 2 life you´ll probably not escape if your opponent can handle the pistol properly. Most can´t since it´s a weapon easily missed, but it´s really good at killing off a wounded tee quickly.

Also, although running is no doubt easier than chasing, that still don´t mean that running from a "pro" is easy.

But I still agree that there´s a problem. You can run way before your´e on 3 or 2 life, and then even the pistol won´t bite. I don´t think changing the life is a good solution though, the elegance of exactly 10 hearts and all damage in whole numbers is something I would consider holy. My hope is that the sniper will solve the runner issue.

Gorecorpse wrote:

2 - aim

I don´t agree with you n this one, but I guess it´s just a matter of personal taste. Pherhaps an option in settings would be proper.

Gorecorpse wrote:

finally,  i'd like to say that i hope teewars don't become a quake 3 or soldat alike,
because people seems to be expectinga lot of  new weapons, pickups, powers, etc, etc, etc. i love it being simple as it is. a few seletive adds are welcome, but just a few. thats my opnion.

Teewars has a very smart dev team, I don´t believe they would do that mistake.

Dreamy wrote:

If you run with onlu 3 or 2 life you´ll probably not escape if your opponent can handle the pistol properly. Most can´t since it´s a weapon easily missed, but it´s really good at killing off a wounded tee quickly.

Also, although running is no doubt easier than chasing, that still don´t mean that running from a "pro" is easy.

But I still agree that there´s a problem. You can run way before your´e on 3 or 2 life, and then even the pistol won´t bite. I don´t think changing the life is a good solution though, the elegance of exactly 10 hearts and all damage in whole numbers is something I would consider holy. My hope is that the sniper will solve the runner issue.

well, maybe the example of 2 or 3 hearts aren't so good (although i can assure you that i can run from people that play a loooooooooot better than me with only these quantity of hearts), but the important is that people get the message, just like you did. there is a big running issue in teewars, hope the devs and players agree.

Dreamy wrote:
Gorecorpse wrote:

2 - aim

I don´t agree with you n this one, but I guess it´s just a matter of personal taste. Pherhaps an option in settings would be proper.

exactly! its just a matter of taste, that would only affect the player who want to use it. but the big questions are... is it easy to elaborate? would somebody else use it? i hope they don't take away the option to disable the dynamic camera, because it is not a popular feature too... hehe

Dreamy wrote:

Teewars has a very smart dev team, I don´t believe they would do that mistake.

this is my first post, but i've read a lot of this forum and couldn't agree more with you!
all the considerations and kindness (and even patience, huahuahua) they have when speak to us, players, are qualities of real smart people. acctualy, i just wanted to let'em know what i think, because seeing people requesting more and more power ups, weapons and stuff gives me the creeps. it is important to leave my opinion, so they can see that there are people who really like teewars being simple as it is. by the way, i had a lot more things to point, but i found the answers in other threads, even changed my mind about one of them (the deadman's click).

thank you, dreamy. really liked your comments.

4 (edited by ShootMe 2008-01-26 09:08:43)

I agree with you gore on the over poweredness of the maps. If there is a small amount of people playing you can just run away till you get a good weapon or get some health back. it also bugs me when I get killed but do a lot of dmg to the other person and when I spawn they basically have full health again, annoying. I think the mpas just need to be thought out a little more in the powerup placements. The game still rocks don't get me wrong just gets annoying at time when people do things as such.

Gorecorpse wrote:

i've been playing for just a week and scoring 2nd, 3rd place. what i mean is that a tee can escape too easy from a battle, mostly because there are plenty of life and armor.

Gorecorpse wrote:

well, maybe the example of 2 or 3 hearts aren't so good (although i can assure you that i can run from people that play a loooooooooot better than me with only these quantity of hearts), but the important is that people get the message, just like you did. there is a big running issue in teewars, hope the devs and players agree.

Have you ever considered the fact that you keep coming 2nd or 3rd might be because you keep running away!? The winner of a DM (or TDM round) is the person/team that makes the most kills, not who lives the longest - just something for you run-away tees to think about...

Gorecorpse wrote:

finally,  i'd like to say that i hope teewars don't become a quake 3 or soldat alike, because people seems to be expectinga lot of  new weapons, pickups, powers, etc, etc, etc. i love it being simple as it is. a few seletive adds are welcome, but just a few. thats my opnion.

I for one hope that they add in quite a few new items & weapons. I really like making maps for Teewars and the more items and weapons they add, the more choices I have as a mapper of how I construct my maps. As for you the player, if a mapper creates a map that has too much stuff in it and you don't like it - then don't play it! The fact is, the players will choice which maps get played, not us mappers and not the devs! If players want lots of weapon choices they'll play those types of maps, if they don't they won't - simple as that!

We want to add 1-3 new weapons into the game. The number depending on the needs and if we can come up with something good. One of these weapons will be some sort of sniper. When I say sniper, I say a long range, high velocity, moderate-high damage weapon. I also want it to be a weapon of action, not standing around picking out targets. This weapon will more or less designed for hunting players down and for dealing that last fatal blow.

Exactly how this weapon will work has not been decided and we have to do testing to find out exactly how we want it.

matricks wrote:

We want to add 1-3 new weapons into the game. The number depending on the needs and if we can come up with something good. One of these weapons will be some sort of sniper. When I say sniper, I say a long range, high velocity, moderate-high damage weapon. I also want it to be a weapon of action, not standing around picking out targets. This weapon will more or less designed for hunting players down and for dealing that last fatal blow.

Exactly how this weapon will work has not been decided and we have to do testing to find out exactly how we want it.

Yay smile, exactly what I wanted too hear.

munyul wrote:

Have you ever considered the fact that you keep coming 2nd or 3rd might be because you keep running away!? The winner of a DM (or TDM round) is the person/team that makes the most kills, not who lives the longest - just something for you run-away tees to think about...

Probably true in the crowded dm games. But in 1on1 duels as well as in ctf running is an issue.

Dreamy wrote:
munyul wrote:

Probably true in the crowded dm games. But in 1on1 duels as well as in ctf running is an issue.

Well, I see running as a part of Teewars. I mean, if you can't shoot your prey down it's your problem. Get better at using the weapons at hand, and shoot them down! You will be running as much as anyone else. Suck it up.

matricks wrote:

I don't think camping will become a problem: Tees are by them self also "high velocity, moderate-high damage weapons" ^^

Tee. Code. Offbeat.

I think guy's right. Tees should have a little less health and armor.

ThePuMa Clan

i think i shouldn't post a comment about the weapons, because this thread became exactly what i don't want: another weapon discussion... but now i have no choice but to comment...

munyul wrote:

As for you the player, if a mapper creates a map that has too much stuff in it and you don't like it - then don't play it! The fact is, the players will choice which maps get played, not us mappers and not the devs! If players want lots of weapon choices they'll play those types of maps, if they don't they won't - simple as that!

i know that perfectly, munyul, thats the reason why it is so important for me to let'em know that someone out here DON'T want so many weapons and stuff. teewars WILL become what players wan't and if the devs don't get opinions like mine and dreamy, it can become something we don't want. that's the role point for the game become an open beta test and have this forum for discussing.

but as dreamy said, actually there is no worry about that. even matricks post (in a certain way) states that.

and also, you made a mistake about what i said. saying that i can reach 2nd and 3rd easily by running is a prove that running can promote, not demote. of course 1st would be better, but 2nd and 3rd are good grades. that's the point.

THERE IS a running issue in teewars, but you may like it (like Gasten) or not (like me). Do you like it?

what i really want to hear was about the option to turn off the "dynamic aiming"... this is something that i think would work very well, and wouldn't interfere with the game at all. it would be just an option for the players to change it. is it "easy" to elaborate? there is any way that i can manually tweak this?

Gorecorpse: http://ix.teewars.com/trac/ticket/292

matricks wrote:

Gorecorpse: http://ix.teewars.com/trac/ticket/292

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!