26 (edited by mucha 2008-01-23 00:04:09)

Re: Further work on the "Sniper"

lazy_bum wrote:

Most important (but You should already know this wink is to balance "the sniper". Not to strong, not to weak comparing to other weapons.

And it should be without the mags. Just like granade launcher. (:

Well, I think targeting will be hard enough and it can be even as powerful as grenadier is. And I also think, that scope and ammo clip look really ... sniperously :] How do you think, folks?

ThePuMa Clan

27 (edited by Innocent Hawk 2008-01-23 06:38:24)

Here is what I was imagining for the sniper:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Innocent_Hawk/Sniper.jpg

Feel free to use this one, or create your own with the same idea.

EDIT: Crap, now that I think about it, the handle should be forward so that it can be lifted then pulled back. Oh well, you get the idea. Just let me know if you want me to remake it or something lol.

whaaaaaaaam damn first is the best guys xDDDD really its the best looks great but please othere colours^^

c0rs

vote 1 smile

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe"

30 (edited by ShootMe 2008-01-24 19:27:06)

Very nice work on the graphics btw smile

lazy_bum wrote:

Most important (but You should already know this wink is to balance "the sniper". Not to strong, not to weak comparing to other weapons.

I was thinking the same thing but a little more in detail I would suggest the sniper take away 9 HP and have a clip size of 5 or so. I think this would yeild good results for gameplay. Or it could be another weapon like the sword where you can only use it a limited time.

Hopefully not going too off topic, but I was also thinking of other weapons that could be interesting to add as follows:

Proximity mine: You could pick these up and place them whereever and when you place them they would beep a couple times then activate giving the person enough time to get away then anyone that comes near it will trigger the mine and get hurt.

Uzi: Like the pistol only automatic fire of like 8 rps and a clip size of 20 or so.

These two I thought could add the most to the gameplay. What do you guys think? smile

31 (edited by clasic_traveller_diehard 2008-01-24 19:58:55)

i thing there should be heavy weapon "vehicle" power ups which would heavily re balance the tee's abilities

EXAMPLE:
tank
health:20
shield:20
primary: cannon
secondary: shorthook
ammo:20 ammo_special:explosive
speed:slower
special: immune to hammers and pistols. shotgun does half

it has more health and fire power but is far less mobile and a big target for grenade launchers and katanas

EDIT: OOPS! IT THOUGHT THIS WAS WEAPON SUGGESTIONS JUST IGNORE THIS (EMBARRASSED)

my name is NOT clasic_traveller_die its CLASIC_TRAVELLER_DIEHARD classic traveller is a si-fi rpg from the same era as dungens and dragons lookit up on wikipedia smile

I still think the 'sniper' should be more 'instagib' than 'sniper'. That makes a scope quite stupid and thereby
I'd say 3 or 4 would be best.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

I still like my rendition the best lol. If fits the true criteria for the look and function of a sniper (bolt action for a slow fire rate but powerful shot, long rifled barrel to straighten the bullet's path).

All the others just look like Assault Rifles or Sub-Machine Guns, like a G36C or an MP-7. If these weapon skins should ever be used, it should be for a fast-firing automatic gun that has been suggested in other threads.

in my personal opinion, the bottom one is the most logical (no barrel, no mag - just business) for a game like Teewars. If this was to spawn the creation of an instagib gametype, then i suggest the use of a barrel, but no mag. Since Teewars weapons dont reload, theres no honest need for a weapon to have a mag.

I don't mind the other designs, they look cool, but they shouldn't be labeled as a sniper, and "instagib" isn't a proper weapon type. wink

36 (edited by Slayer 2008-01-29 03:14:04)

raph wrote:

in my personal opinion, the bottom one is the most logical (no barrel, no mag - just business) for a game like Teewars. If this was to spawn the creation of an instagib gametype, then i suggest the use of a barrel, but no mag. Since Teewars weapons dont reload, theres no honest need for a weapon to have a mag.

They do, you just got to go find more ammo >;)

Not sure if the short barrel (especially in combination with the long silencer) makes sense.
If this really ends up as a sniper weapon, the barrel length of Innocent Hawk's one seems more logical.

The rest is <3

Slayer

It's hammering time!

Really looking forward to this gun <3

I don't care.

Another game gets ruined by obligatory sniper rifle. There are already almost noobs only on the pub servers, now every damn one of them will wear sniper rifle to make at least some random kill - its high damage (if not one-shot kill ability) allows that...

Iddqd wrote:

Another game gets ruined by obligatory sniper rifle. There are already almost noobs only on the pub servers, now every damn one of them will wear sniper rifle to make at least some random kill - its high damage (if not one-shot kill ability) allows that...

You havn't seen the discussions about the sniper right? It's not one shot, one kill, it's kinda hard to hit a fast moving target in teewars, the ammo will be sparse. It call come down do balancing.

Check http://www.teewars.com/?page=journal&id=536 for more information about the upcoming weapon.

^^ nice

Donor's is the best ^^

I'm constantly getting my a.s whopped (well almost) by players with near-perfect shots, 99% hits and lightningfast reflexes. Ofcourse it can be fun for a while, but I'm sure this sniper-weapon will make it even harder to combat the "overlords".

So maybe there should be some kind of balancing the chance of a kill so that newbies (like myself) have a chance against those hardcore players?

43 (edited by Kirby 2008-03-02 19:08:44)

i find 1 and 4 the bests
good job =DDD
a sniper would be very cool

Sry if my language is bad >.<
im from germany:o

matricks wrote:
Iddqd wrote:

You havn't seen the discussions about the sniper right? It's not one shot, one kill, it's kinda hard to hit a fast moving target in teewars, the ammo will be sparse. It call come down do balancing.

Check http://www.teewars.com/?page=journal&id=536 for more information about the upcoming weapon.

are the spots wich you can choose now for the sniper rifle in the editor, for the laserweapon?

omg cool weapons^^
bam headshot xD

Sry if my language is bad >.<
im from germany:o

Techek wrote:

I'm constantly getting my a.s whopped (well almost) by players with near-perfect shots, 99% hits and lightningfast reflexes. Ofcourse it can be fun for a while, but I'm sure this sniper-weapon will make it even harder to combat the "overlords".

So maybe there should be some kind of balancing the chance of a kill so that newbies (like myself) have a chance against those hardcore players?

i've got 2 perfect solutions
option1
step1. realize there is no such thing as a free lunch
step2. practice
step3. practice.
step4. Practice.
step5. Practice!
step6. PRActice!
step7. PRACTIce!
step8. PRACTICE!!
step9. PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

option2
step1. get a faster computer
step2. and a laser gaming mouse
step3. and a 100in widescreen
step4. and a head tracking sweat band
step5. and a specialized gaming key board

my name is NOT clasic_traveller_die its CLASIC_TRAVELLER_DIEHARD classic traveller is a si-fi rpg from the same era as dungens and dragons lookit up on wikipedia smile

I don't agree with you on opt1 step 4...

Used to be very active waay back

lol why 4 and not 5? Or step 7 ^^

Lasermouse... with my ballmouse its rather hard... sad

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.