Topic: Few improvements.

Hello.

I want to thank you for creating this great game. It's dynamic and extremely fun, but I have few suggestions for you guys to make it even better. ;)

1) If you kill a guy with the katana, you should get like 3 frags or so.
2) After he's dead it would be great to be able to pick it up again. (like with quad damage in quake3)

Well, I cant think of anything else right now, but I'll come back and add more ideas soon. :)

I hope you won't ignore my post.

and sry for my bad english, still learning. :<

Re: Few improvements.

Grx wrote:

Because it is so hard or what tongue?

I see no reason too promote the use of katana. It´s cool, but it´s power alone should be the motivation too get it.

I also really like that one has a chance of killing the ninja by just staying too fight. Sort of uneven odds but not impossible, makes for great fun. Katana giving 3 frags would really punish such behaviour, which might turn me into one of those katana-haters.

I don't think killing a tee with katana is very hard.

In one-on-one combats I win like four out of five against a katana, so I don't think it's overpowered in any way.

Used to be very active waay back

Dreamy wrote:
Grx wrote:

Oh, my bad. I meant that you should get 2 or 3 frags if you kill the guy who has the katana. smile

Anyway, what do you think about the second idea? IMO creators should add it to their 'to-do' list.

Grx wrote:
Dreamy wrote:
Grx wrote:

Oh, my bad. I meant that you should get 2 or 3 frags if you kill the guy who has the katana. smile

Anyway, what do you think about the second idea? IMO creators should add it to their 'to-do' list.

then you get pissed of because you took the katana by misstake and get ass-raped with it in 1on1...

How can you pick it up by mistake? It could be possible if you were to kill the katana-guy with a hammer, but that doesn't happen - it's a suicide. smile Just don't pick it up.

Grx wrote:

How can you pick it up by mistake? It could be possible if you were to kill the katana-guy with a hammer, but that doesn't happen - it's a suicide. smile Just don't pick it up.

woah you dont know how often i picked up katan by misstake in 1on1's, really many times. sometimes i even pick up 2 in a game (10 minutes). and well i have killed katana guy with hammer twice, once a long time ago and once just some minutes ago xD.

I think both suggestions fall on elegance of design.

1. Frags count the exact amount of kills, I think it should stay that way. Killing the ninja is it´s own reward, anyway smile. Also, preventing a killing spree of an opponent can be just as good as having one yourself when it comes too determining the winner.

2. No other weapons are dropped, so having that for the katana would be inconsistant and therefore confusing.

FireArrow wrote:

I don't think killing a tee with katana is very hard.

In one-on-one combats I win like four out of five against a katana, so I don't think it's overpowered in any way.

In my experience the difficulty varies a lot depending on the skill of the ninja. I´m not a very skilled ninja, but I´ve encountered some really scary ones.

But I agree, not overpowered. Still real powerful though.

Interesting. I find it overly easy to defeat a ninja Tee. After they fired, theres a pause before they can fire again, so i plug away at them with shotgun, or, if theyre close enough, hammer.

As for using the ninja, thats also really easy, you just have to pick your moment and not miss.

Bad idea imo.

Dreamy wrote:

I think both suggestions fall on elegance of design.
2. No other weapons are dropped, so having that for the katana would be inconsistant and therefore confusing.

Hmm, I don't see the katana as a weapon, more like as a bonus smile It works in quake 3, why shouldn't it work here?

I can´t really answer that argument since I havn´t played Quake hmm.

Sure, the katana is powerful and speedy, but it's sure as hell not overwhelming the other weapons a lot. The laggtime you get after each "sword-boost" is really painful and always get you damaged versus a player that isnät just fleeing from the katana dude. Quite easy to avoid with hooking walls, roof and/or the katana user.

*moderated*

I don't think these are good ideas, too.

ThePuMa Clan