Re: [SUGGESTION] How to make the bots more intelligent ?

Oh. I see I'm a bit requested here. Well, I will share the code with you in a few days, I'll prolly not do anything more on the bots in a while.

77 (edited by LordSk 2009-01-12 21:28:01)

News for my bots

http://www.dailymotion.com/lordskelethom/video/13431592
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=nDl3ac00Y … annel_page //very bad quality

Watch the video big_smile.

The bots can defend attack and cover when it is needed.
But there is some few bugs, and i haven't added A*yet , but i will soon to have a totaly compatibility with all maps.
Be careful ! It is a server, so you can't use to cheat.

lordskelethom - want to reach me quickly? https://discord.gg/teeworlds

Looks cool, they don't swing very much tho tongue

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

maybe you can upload it @ another video hoster cause some ppl can´t view it on dailymotion

80 (edited by LordSk 2009-01-12 21:28:29)

Marik16 wrote:

maybe you can upload it @ another video hoster cause some ppl can´t view it on dailymotion

Really ?
I didn't know, I will.
Youtube ? you can ?

link : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=nDl3ac00Y … annel_page //very bad quality

Hi, I was passing by and I saw this  subject, which really interest me !
The thing is , I am more into algorithmic than coding... So I can write a function that, given a position A, a position B and an initial speed execute the best path between those two points (in a rather efficient way , and without using neural nets ... which are overkill for this problem ) . But I really have no idea how to insert this in some way that I can see the bot actually move :S

So if any of you guys could explain me the basics of what I have to do to make a bot move ... I'm pretty sure I could be of some use wink

Hooker wrote:
lordskelethom wrote:

News for my bots

http://www.dailymotion.com/lordskelethom/video/13431592
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=nDl3ac00Y … annel_page //very bad quality

Watch the video big_smile.

The bots can defend attack and cover when it is needed.
But there is some few bugs, and i haven't added A*yet , but i will soon to have a totaly compatibility with all maps.
Be careful ! It is a server, so you can't use to cheat.

This looks soooooooooooooooooo awesome. I want you. Gimme the bot. lol. wink

Hum you must wait now, I will update it for 0.5 big_smile
100% !

bad idea to make them public xD just try to code kinda campagne or singleplayer mod

would be awesome

lordskelethom wrote:
Marik16 wrote:

Really ?
I didn't know, I will.
Youtube ? you can ?

I'll try to give some ideas for if they could help.

> 1:18 and 2:56 and 3:20 lol lol the bots get stuck in that time. Maybe can it be "solved" if the covering tee isn't so near of the attacking tee?

> 1:58 Jo can't run away from there. Mmmm... maybe bots could have some kind of detection of partners when they use they hook.

Maybe you could introduce some variables like "fire rate" or "precission".

For climbing some walls maybe the bot-tees could aim in a 30º angle like _/_ and then double jump at the end of the wall, do I explain?

I have to say that your work is AWESOME! Keep working on it! And I'm sorry I can't help more than this sad

GaBOr wrote:
lordskelethom wrote:
Marik16 wrote:

Really ?
I didn't know, I will.
Youtube ? you can ?

I'll try to give some ideas for if they could help.

> 1:18 and 2:56 and 3:20 lol lol the bots get stuck in that time. Maybe can it be "solved" if the covering tee isn't so near of the attacking tee?

> 1:58 Jo can't run away from there. Mmmm... maybe bots could have some kind of detection of partners when they use they hook.

Maybe you could introduce some variables like "fire rate" or "precission".

For climbing some walls maybe the bot-tees could aim in a 30º angle like _/_ and then double jump at the end of the wall, do I explain?

I have to say that your work is AWESOME! Keep working on it! And I'm sorry I can't help more than this sad

First : Thanks ^^
Second : Very good ideas wink, i will udapte them for 0.5 and add you your improvements.
3rd : i will add A* to allow them playing in all maps.
4 : I invite you to test them ^^, send me an email when you want.

86 (edited by Franchan 2009-01-16 05:12:45)

Lol i dont know if this relates to the topic but if the bots are ask good as they look, a couple of them would wreak me in ctf. Nice Job! Just a question though. (Are the bots coded to always point gun to nearest tee target if it is hostile? because if it is, i would never let it hole a laser gun. o.O ) (Also, there was this forum called "Bots. Working Bots" and the developer closed the forum because they were something called "aiming bots" i'm assuming thats bots that aim at you all the time so what are gonna happen you yours?)

Oh yea.  with the stuff you have, can you set up a private server, type in a code, and play ctf with the bots?

87 (edited by royale 2009-06-07 12:53:15)

Hello,

I have created my own bots for Teeworlds.
I am not talking about aimbots, but 100% computer controlled bots for training purposes.
They are meant to be run server side and will connect to localhost by default.
The code is based on the current 0.5.1 client source, modified to remove graphics and run in console mode (this saves a lot of CPU, they eat about 5% of CPU each on my P4 3Ghz).

Basically, they do the following:

• When they find a known checkpoint, they will follow a hard coded path, using directions/jumps/hooks. This allows the bots to be quite fast when they are on a known route (they can sometime capture the flag in 8 seconds). Currently there are 3 paths, but it is possible to add more).

• When they lose the path (collision, hooked, stuck, etc) they will switch to pseudo random move and try to come back to the closer base, in order to catch again the path.

• Strangely, they don't know about the flag smile They will just go from bases to bases forever hopping to capture the flag.

• They try to shoot at the closer enemy using the current weapon (switch weapon on pickup activated), and will fall back to gun when they have no ammo left.

• They will also try to catch the closer enemy using the hook. If the enemy is close enough, they will use the hammer.

• They know about the "holes" in the map and will try to avoid suicides (but they still do it too much wink).

Currently they work only on CTF5 (my favorite map) because I made checkpoints only for this map.
If you are curious, they can be seen/tested on my server, search "zeRezo" in the server list. The bots are all named "bot|royale".

I would like to have an admin point of view about a possible release. I understand there are concerns about aimbots, and of course a portion of my code could be used for this purpose.

Please, give me your feedbacks big_smile

88 (edited by Lanta 2009-06-07 13:45:22)

I've tried your bots...
nice job!

They are not at an high level of skill, but they have a good speed!!!

I think you can develop them a little better: for example, they actually doesn't follow the flaggers..., they have no roles (why not making one bot in def, 1 bot in att and one bot following the enemy flagger?). And, about the pseudo random move, also a noob can kill them if they lose the path... ^^
Maybe they could store "better" path finding them automatically.

I don't think developers are really happy about this news XD

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

89 (edited by Bee 2009-06-09 15:29:52)

What I want to see is a bot using a rocket launcher. wink

But that would require a thinking system like: How far away are they? How Fast are they going? How fast am I going? *Ehim* Is there a wall in my way? Is there a team mate in my way? Do I still have any ammunition? If I shoot is the blast close enough to hit me? And then they can figure out what angle to point there gun... or not to shot at all.

The same goes for hand gun, when the other person is far away enough, because it the bullet get's lowered by gravity. But making such a system would requite lot's of coding, and too much thinking. xD
*Edit*

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

dinosmoothie wrote:

Nice work they are good smile but i think the gametype has to be different...your server will get banned for what you are doing now!

i think no... it's not a modded server... it's a standard gametype... with some bot players...
there is nothing modded in the server

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Ah i see now, its a client modificaton
smile

Bye.

92 (edited by Franchan 2009-06-07 21:57:09)

AMAZING. except you for got the wall problem. bots try to shoot you through the wall.
could you send it to me by email when you fix it [i dont want you to release it in public or else everyone will be using them]
i might be able to make a lan server [even though i have never made a server other than  an "untitled,DM,dm1" server]

it would be fun. me and my friends against bots

ohya. and you should make killing bots too. ones that follow the path and try kill people they come across/ if they killed a tee. they random untill going on a path again.

and ammo detector. i saw a bot trying to shoot pistol at me but its empty

and faster pistol shooting [nvm i just died by pistol shooter]

and a path for going under ctf5. its too easy to avoid them down there

Franchan123 wrote:

Except you for got the wall problem. bots try to shoot you through the wall.

Oh yea... well I edited it...

But one thing I wanted to know when he said, "How to make the bots more intelligent ?" Does he mean also mean humanistic? Because that does make a huge difference.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

94 (edited by Franchan 2009-06-08 00:53:01)

|X-treme|Bee wrote:
Franchan123 wrote:

Except you for got the wall problem. bots try to shoot you through the wall.

Oh yea... well I edited it...

But one thing I wanted to know when he said, "How to make the bots more intelligent ?" Does he mean also mean humanistic? Because that does make a huge difference.

no
not possible to make it like a human. unless you hire a company to do it

Franchan123 wrote:

no

... "humanistic"
It's not impossible... it's just takes tons of coding.

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

What I want to see is a bot using a rocket launcher. wink

But that would require a thinking system like: How far away? How Fast are they going? How fast am I going? *Ehim* Is there a wall in my way? Is there a team mate in my way? Do I still have any ammunition? And then they can  figure out what angle to point there gun...

None of that would be particularly hard to code. A basic understanding of projectile motion (done in highschool physics) will allow you to write code to allow the bot to use and aim the rocket.

The bots are pretty neat so far!

|X-treme|Bee wrote:
Franchan123 wrote:

no

... "humanistic"
It's not impossible... it's just takes tons of coding.

thats why you need a company tongue
see what im saying?

Franchan123 wrote:

thats why you need a company tongue
see what im saying?

My bad. wink

ZBots have really grown, and they can do a lot of things now, i will make some news about them soon.
I have tested all of others bots, and the conclusion is :
ZBots still are the best !

lordskelethom wrote:

ZBots have really grown, and they can do a lot of things now, i will make some news about them soon.
I have tested all of others bots, and the conclusion is :
ZBots still are the best !

But do they have an angling system, mixed in with Phisixs understanding, with a little cominsince? So they can use the Bazooka? ;0