Topic: New Tournament! X-treme Tee Cup!!! (XTC!)

I know that MasterTeeCup is still going on, but I will be launching a new tournament soon (as soon as 5.0 comes out). It will be a CTF tournament only, with anywhere from a 2vs2 to an 8vs8! This tourney is different than others because...

1. You (the clans participating the match) choose your map
2. You choose the time
3. You can play as a "free tee", a tee without a clan who wishes to participate. If a free tee is chosen by a clan, they can play with that clan in XTC.
3. Your name will go permanently into the XTC hall of fame
4. It is open to all skill levels

This is a great opportunity to learn your skillz, practice them, and have fun! It will be starting soon, so start practicing!

I am building the website right now, and I am working very hard to finish this ASAP. However, in order to reach the quality that every tee wants, I will need some of you hard-core tees to donate your server to this purpose. If any body has a good, 24/7, high-quality server, then PLEASE contact me immediately.

I will update all of you with the detail soon. Stay posted!

<? php echo "Magix"; ?>
------------------------------------------------
Tee-City <--------- The one Teeworlds site to rule them all!

Re: New Tournament! X-treme Tee Cup!!! (XTC!)

hmm... will be interesting!)keep us informed pls)

good idea!

Hi
nice idea big_smile
I am not shore but I maybe can get a 24 7 server I dont know witch country you are from so dont know if you are going to have so low ping.. the server wil be hosted in norway of I get it to work...

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

It doesn't matter where I am, I won't participate. Please host it ASAP when 5.0 comes out.

<? php echo "Magix"; ?>

Hm Magix you know it's kinda impossible to organize a tourney without having any servers at all. Also, it might be hard for you to organize this because of the time difference. A canadian making a european tournament is hard yikes

I wish you good luck.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Captain AMN wrote:

Hm Magix you know it's kinda impossible to organize a tourney without having any servers at all.

I am 14, and my parents dont want to spend money on a game, so I can't do much except hope for donors.

Captain AMN wrote:

Also, it might be hard for you to organize this because of the time difference. A canadian making a european tournament is hard yikes

Since I myself will only be hosting the site and starting the tournament, I don't see the problem. I will set up moderators, referees, and site admins as soon as I finish my tournament ladder script. I can only hope that SomeRunce sends me his modified Teeworlds Client, and I will leave it open 24/7 on all the XTC servers. I am working on live commentary system, and actually integrating live voice/video chat on the site, so you and your friends can discuss the game while watching it together. I will be releasing the site soon.

<? php echo "Magix"; ?>

Magix wrote:

I am working on live commentary system, and actually integrating live voice/video chat on the site, so you and your friends can discuss the game while watching it together. I will be releasing the site soon.

Oh i'm curious about that one. Sounds very nice

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

smile You haven't heard anything yet! More than voice chat...chatrooms, video chat (if you have a webcam), voice recording & posting, Private messaging, forums, challenges, blogs...it is all here! I will of course, release my script after XTC, so that it is easier for future tourney hosters to make their own. I don't wanna offend anyone, but the MTC clansite used basically nothing but PHP and HTML. My site uses AJAX and other web-2.0 scripts in the right places. It is not overused, like in a few sites I know, but used only where and when it needs to be.

<? php echo "Magix"; ?>

Magix wrote:

smile You haven't heard anything yet! More than voice chat...chatrooms, video chat (if you have a webcam), voice recording & posting, Private messaging, forums, challenges, blogs...it is all here! I will of course, release my script after XTC, so that it is easier for future tourney hosters to make their own. I don't wanna offend anyone, but the MTC clansite used basically nothing but PHP and HTML. My site uses AJAX and other web-2.0 scripts in the right places. It is not overused, like in a few sites I know, but used only where and when it needs to be.

Thank you! it is so important to me that i can blog and cam with naked tee's while im playing in a tournament, am i able to record the webcam sessions and save it on your server too? That would be great! Not overused my ass.

Just saying, MTC have everything that kind of site needs. Registering, signing up for tournaments, writing new posts on the main page, playerlist etc.
The only new things youre going to add is: blogs, forums, PM, webcam and voice recording, which is totally unneccasary.

Magix wrote:

but the MTC clansite used basically nothing but PHP and HTML.

It is not a drawback of the site. And it is enough to provide registration and some information for participants (btw, i think MySQL is forgotten). Your site looks like social network, not tournament site.
It will be useful for community likely... Good Luck!

12 (edited by Magix 2008-12-17 21:14:35)

Milker wrote:

Your site looks like social network, not tournament site.

I know. I wanted to make it as user friendly as possible. And...HOW DO YOU KNOW THE URL!?!? I haven't released it yet 0_o

Milker wrote:

It is not a drawback of the site. And it is enough to provide registration and some information for participants (btw, i think MySQL is forgotten).

I know, but by using AJAX and other Web 2.0 styles, they can make changes you make happen without page refreshes. For some reason when I joined, I was in the zPote clan. I think it was a bug. Anyways, I left, yet everytime I saw that page, it would say I was still zPote. I wasted some time re-leaving it. I finally gave up, logged out. The next day, I was out. On my site, stuff changes as soon as you change it. At max, you need a page refresh. The blogs aren't really blogs either, they are more like updating, like clan news.

<? php echo "Magix"; ?>

Also, I don't think you should lay your hopes on Somerunce, Magix. The TeeTV client isn't public and will never be given to anyone outside of the TeeTV crew. We've set this as a rule due to the hard work behind the client and the fact that it is possible to cheat with it. I wish you good luck with finding another solution. smile

The proposition "I am the center" need never be uttered. It is the assumption upon which all certainty and all doubt turns.