Topic: Invisible Skin

Recently I've developed a completely invisible skin for me and my friends to play with. I'm considering to release it to the community, but would first like to collect opinions about if people would see it as a too great advantage, would consider it cheating or simple wouldn't like the idea. As a thought experiment I came up with some issues:

- using the skin will allow you to become invisible, but others using it will be invisible as well.

- not downloading the skin won't allow you to become invisible, but will show all other invisibles as normal tees

So either:

- everybody would download it to get the advantage, and we would get one happy world of invisible tees

- nobody would download and this post would be pointless

So what is your thought on this matter? Which direction would the community take as a whole in your opinion?

Please note that if people actually would use it it could be combined with invisible game.png to make everything invisible. This would add a 'stealth' aspect to the game, but could also change things too much. Therefor I suggest we keep it theoretical, I'm purely interested in what would happen? (To download, or not to download?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/HenryCorp/invisibletee.jpg

Re: Invisible Skin

Azon wrote:

So what is your thought on this matter? Which direction would the community take as a whole in your opinion?

Well as you mentioned, it only effects people who have downloaded the skin. I personally wouldn't download an invisible skin. I mean really, what is the point?

Why would somebody keep the skin after they realise some players are invisible?

What's the whole point of this skin anyway? It's not even cheating, so even cheaters won't be satisfied. xD
Might be funny for some minutes in LAN games, but I guess after that it's only annoying.

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

This are indeed valid points, but just as a hypothesis, what if let's say 80% community would adapt an invisible skin? Wouldn't that create an advantage of being invisible to 80% instead of the advantage of seeing all those invisible skins because you don't have it?

It's a personal preference I guess, either you take the advantage of being invisible, or the advantage of seeing those that are invisible.

You won't ever get 80% of the community to download this thing, so there's no advantage using this skin. No really, there isn't.

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

Could you do an invisible map and invisible weapons, too? I'd like to play with nothing but my imagination.

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

Azon wrote:

This are indeed valid points, but just as a hypothesis, what if let's say 80% community would adapt an invisible skin?

But that would never happen. As for which one I would choose, I would go with having no invisible skins at all.

8 (edited by messenger 2008-11-26 13:58:27)

dont want to say anything,but such a skin already exists=)
but do it,i dont really know where it was=)

Lappi wrote:

Could you do an invisible map and invisible weapons, too? I'd like to play with nothing but my imagination.

Here you can see my invisible tileset:

Enjoy!

Awnsome XD

I am <x|HT|x> oio BR leader of <x|HT|x>smile
Heaven Tees the best BR clan big_smile. Ally of cKz`
                            GG for all

invisible tileset... big_smile

im building my first invisible map right now... it will be great big_smile

...omg -.-

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Lol easy ; Category
i will make lost_invisble.map xD
(Pro's will stll pwn u with invisble)

Name in Teeworlds: !Fox'y
.R.I.P. 28/11/08

GaBOr wrote:

Enjoy!

I see you are the first to get the clue of my post smile. But seems we've a pretty conclusive answer on my hypothesis, therefor I thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

Azon wrote:
GaBOr wrote:

Enjoy!

I see you are the first to get the clue of my post smile. But seems we've a pretty conclusive answer on my hypothesis, therefor I thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

lol... everyone here knows how to make all invisble xD

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

lol, but it isn't really invisible but if the weapons would be invisible too on a invisible map you are owning the pros

lol What do you mean "developed" and "release it to the community"? I think we all know EXACTLY what this skin looks like, or doesn't, and it really wouldn't be that much of an advantage as you always have a gun.