1 (edited by lostgeek 2008-01-13 01:31:22)

Topic: Gamemode: Coop

A great round of CTF with 8 reds against 3 blues (teams!!1!11one!! wink ).
All of us blues in the base shooting at the everlasting hords of enemys trying to hold the flag.

There i got the idea. What about a scenario-like mode?

Some ideas:

- One big team with all players against a (flying?) horde (altogether maybe 50 or 60 really weak enemys) of more or less intelligent enemys (I watched the Matrix 3 yesterday. Remember the hordes of Sentinels flooding Zion?)

- Two teams. One big team and one little (1 or 2 players). The big team has the shooting part while the little one got to coordinate the hordes of enemys (again I think the sentinel-like enemys would look really nice smile ). Would need a interface to coordinate them.

- Two teams with two subteams. One shoots. The other coordinates the Sentinels.

It would give Teewars a nice strategic side without loosing the deathmatch-like shooting.

I think, Coop missions could go well with Teewars, but only with an easy-to-use editor, so everyone (with mapping skills) can build his own scenario. Team Fortress got some really nice maps (don't know if they are still played. I stopped playing years ago.)

So maybe coop-mode in Teewars 0.5? smile

P.S. This is a Sentinel:
http://www.diosnoslibre.com/dnl_viejo/criticas/imagenes/sentinel.jpg

Re: Gamemode: Coop

Guys, cant you just stop writting this crap about gamemodes Oo. In case you haven't noticed, gamemodes aren't in developers mind right now, its version 0.33, not 3.33, so there are many other important things to polish. IMO amount of work needed to do mod like you have written > work needed to make teewars so far O_o.

i like the idea and no one (me too) has said when the work should start...
to discuss an idea is a good way to provide useless working-time later... when tw is ready, developers can start making some new modes, but just talk about it, therefore we need no developers, we need open minds...
so you fall out of this group, Weatherwax, sorry wink

Its just our part of thinking, where Teewars-developement should go. Do we want something like Doom/Quake or something strategic. Or something completely different.

Just some ideas going through our minds and being written down.

I do understand your point of view, but think of amount of work that should be done to make such a complex modification. Furthermore, Teewars are, and probably gonna be more quakeish style (If I understand developers intentions). Such a mod could be done by fans, but IMO developers should focus on quake-like style and polishing it to perfection.

Weatherwax the developers know what to read and what to ignore. They got the final word, but from what I know they love input.

Weatherwax wrote:

Guys, cant you just stop writting this crap about gamemodes Oo. In case you haven't noticed, gamemodes aren't in developers mind right now, its version 0.33, not 3.33, so there are many other important things to polish. IMO amount of work needed to do mod like you have written > work needed to make teewars so far O_o.

If someone has what they believe is a good idea, then they should share it! If you don't like it, then it's your right to say that - but...

I've been a programmer for many years and I'll let you in on a little secret ... the version number means nothing! It's just a number! 3.33 or 0.33, there is no difference, other than someones perception of order/maturity.

And what the developers choose to work on is their choose! Be it tweaks, new weapons or new modes, up to them... I for one hope they choose to add in at least one new gamemode (Clan Arena, hint hint, nudge nudge).

In all fairness, we use 0.x version numbering exactly because it's a signal that we still have a long way to go until we've implemented all our ideas, so the numbers do mean something.

Anyway, we don't mind (rather, we encourage) people posting their ideas for future game modes, weapons and what have you -- within reason. Weatherwax is exactly right insofar as there's stuff still to be done that's much more relevant than new game modes, but that doesn't mean you guys can't slug it out in the meantime =P

So go forth, but stay off the negative. Ideas may be naïve, uninformed or unoriginal, but they're very rarely crap.

teetow wrote:

In all fairness, we use 0.x version numbering exactly because it's a signal that we still have a long way to go until we've implemented all our ideas, so the numbers do mean something.

As I said: 3.33 or 0.33, there is no difference, other than someones perception of order/maturity.

teetow wrote:

Anyway, we don't mind (rather, we encourage) people posting their ideas for future game modes, weapons and what have you -- within reason.

That was kinda my point!

teetow wrote:

So go forth, but stay off the negative. Ideas may be naïve, uninformed or unoriginal, but they're very rarely crap.

Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded!