Topic: [MOD] Kill the "Bots"

Hi

the command for bot are: dbg_dummies 1  and 2 fore 2 bots and 3...

so you are 1 person at a time on a map that shod talke oute as menny "bots" as passable in 1 min ore 30 sec (so the other players dont need to wate so long)

and wen you have kild 1 "bot" you get 1 point and wenn all have playd 1 round the game is over and the winners name sows like this on the screen:

Winner is: Nameless Tee

and the next round begins..

watt do you think ?

MertenNor
ps: this can be played with instagib to

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

Re: [MOD] Kill the "Bots"

Awesomely boring and unplayable. Just play with the fellas, they dont see ur face anyways.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

3 (edited by khubajsn 2008-11-08 18:24:56)

Torch, i not agree with you. Its good idea for mod and it can be very good game! (my opinion)

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

I cant imagine anything more boring than playing against bots ( which arent   implemented anyways ). Bots were useful in the days when not everybody could afford reliable internet connection. Since today ( and not speaking of 0.5.0 ) u can play even if u have a crappy, basic connection I see _totally_ no point in bothering with implementation of bots, which imho is not so trivial. You are free to prove me wrong.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

How can you say that it's boring if you haven't tried it? It could be an interesting idea, but it will need more than 4 people for example, because 1on1 in a mod like this one, it's a little boring, yes...

Torch, have you got any brothers or sisters? Because I have, and we would like to play in LAN with some bots, like in other games (Unreal Tournament 2k4, ...), because playing in a server at the same time may lag.

@MertenNor:

Anyway, I know that coding a mod can be very hard, and even more coding bots with AI. That's the reason why your mod can't be handle I think.

oh tacks GaBOr for the answer...

MertenNor

-Norway

I think its a cool idea!
Especially on not-so-big but a bit complicated maps with lots of spawn points and narrow passages.

GaBOr wrote:

How can you say that it's boring if you haven't tried it? It could be an interesting idea, but it will need more than 4 people for example, because 1on1 in a mod like this one, it's a little boring, yes...

Torch, have you got any brothers or sisters? Because I have, and we would like to play in LAN with some bots, like in other games (Unreal Tournament 2k4, ...), because playing in a server at the same time may lag.

@MertenNor:

Anyway, I know that coding a mod can be very hard, and even more coding bots with AI. That's the reason why your mod can't be handle I think.

Ok you got me ... start coding the bots.

torch wrote:

Ok you got me ... start coding the bots.

Oh come on, torch! You don't need that irony. I know that coding bots is really hard (I suposse), and I know that it's not necessary at the moment. Teeworlds is an Internet game, so bots aren't needed in the game.

So I said that this idea can't be handle because it needs hours and hours of development.

cant you just make the bots not moving...

like they are now...

MertenNor

-Norway

Someone had fun giving -1 point in every comment in this topic.

This is why i hate this function... I just want a cookie function for GOOD posts... There shouldn't be an option to vote DOWN!

Hooker's collection of the most Tee-ish skins!
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39896