Topic: Modding

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to mod this game? Im interested in developing the bots in this game (servers are quiet, and im bored) as well as a turn based Clan Arena gametype.

So hows is it done? Can someone help with how to mod the source of this game and create a mode for it?

Re: Modding

BOTS are something that I would love to see in this game - dynamic BOTs! meaning that they would enter and leave servers as required. For example: If the server was created for a 2v2 TDM game, then the server would start with 4 BOTS in it, then for each player that connects to the server, a BOT leaves! Also, for each player that leaves the server a BOT would reconnect.

Both BOT and Gamemode code would most likely be program changes, rather than mods (at a guess).

You can get the game source code from the Downloads page:
http://www.teewars.com/?page=downloads

I'm guessing if your BOT code is good enough, they might incorporate it in a future release!?

I think the bots already exist in dev mod (matricks will correct me if i'm wrong).

aka oop²

they exist, but theres no AI. They just stand around and wait to be shot. Thats why i want to build them myself smile