1 (edited by Tin 2007-08-22 00:05:29)

Topic: Teecup need u

I have decided to start a community for teewars cups but I will need a lot of help.
I've written some rules for the cups and I have also talked with graniz (the owner of the laff.se servers)
and he agreed to support with a server.

The rules are currently written in swedish. I haven't had the time yet
to translate them.

www.teecup.org *edit* This link do now lead to teecup's forum!

*edit* Thanks to teetow, sillern and Dreamy for taking your time and translate the rules. big_smile

My brother is going to start working on a decent homepage for the cups as soon as all the details
are worked out. As you can see I have already registered a domain.

But what I need from you are alot of ideas and suggestions to make this the very best cup-community that this
game deserve. 

I will also need people that want to work with me on this. Maybe you want to be an admin? or maybe you
have another server for us to borrow. Maybe you can help us with the homepage and other cool functions or
maybe you can contribute in any other way.

The cup have an irc channel at #teecup @quakenet, don't hesitate to come in and talk to me smile

Re: Teecup need u

Sound's awesome!

I'm in, and are also willing to help you out.

Teecup Rules
    *    Games are played in Deathmatch Mode with x players.
    *    The number of games are determined before the game starts, and depend on the number of signed-up participants.
    *    Players who haven't signed up can only be added by an admin, if they deem the circumstances appropriate.
    *    Admins can exclude players who misbehave.
    *    Read the rules. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Before the game
    *    Once the game has been created on teecup.org,  participants have one week to arrange the exact time and date for the game. The game is to be played within this 7-day period.
    *    If players fail to agree upon a date, or if any participants are unreachable, this should be reported to admins who will then make a decision as to if or when the game is to be played.
    *    Admins can cancel a game. If this should happen, assigned players may be re-assigned to other games.
    *    If an eariler game has been cancelled, admins can re-assigned additional players to a later game.
    *    Any problems during the game should immediately be reported to the admin in charge.
    *    Games are played on a pre-determined server, which must not be connected to the master server. If any problems arise, players may agree upon an alternate server.

During the game
    *    Every game is played over two 15-minute rounds. Each player must grab a screenshot of the final results of each round.
    *    A warmup round will be played before each game, to allow players to make sure everything is in order.   
    *    All weapons, techniques and game features are allowed.
    *    If an interruption or problem arise during the game, such as players dropping or unauthorized players joining, the game admin will be contacted immediately. The admin will then decide how to resolve the issue.
    *    When the game is over, the winner will submit screenshots to the game admin.

After the game
    *    The score will be added from both rounds.
    *    The two players with the highest scores will proceed in the cup. The other players are eliminated.
    *    If players are tied, a fourth round will be played, including only the tied players. All other players retain their places in the rank. Subsequent rounds will be played until a winner can be determined.
    *    If the winning player fails to submit a screenshot, the game can only be approved by either another participant screenshot, or by four other players confirming the result.
    *    If the game is not approved, the entire game will be re-played. The game admin should be notified, and participants will schedule the new game.

4 (edited by Dreamy 2007-08-20 01:27:17)

Arr, you beat me too it hmm. Oh well, I´ll post mine as well, maybe the best of both translations can be compiled together or something.

[Made a translation attempt. There may be some spelling errors etc, so it would be good if someone else checked it. I also had problems with some parts, so I have comments between brackets on those places]

[I´ve used match for the Swedish "match", though it might be that "game" would be a better translation. I am unsure]

Teecup Rules
  *  Matches are played as DM with X players.
  *  The number of matches are decided as the cup starts and depends on the number of players.
  *  If a player has not signed up before the cup starts he or she may not take part. Admins may make exceptions too this rule if they have good reason.

*  PLayers that repeatedly give admins a hard time may be removed from the cup if it is considered fair.
[I´m not really sure about the translation of this one, since I´m not really sure of exactly what you mean]

*  Not knowing the rules is no excuse, if a player breaks a rule he or she didn´t know of the player is still too blame.

Before a match
  *  Once a match is registered on the teecup homepage, it´s up too the participants too agree on the exact time for it. The match must be played withing 7 days after being registered.
[NOt sure this is right, cause I don´t really know how the homepage will work. The Swedish version were a bit unclear.]

*  If the participants can´t agree on when too play the match, or if some players prove hard too contact, the problem shall be reported too the match´s admin who decides what too do.

*  Admin may deside too cancel the match. If this happens the participants are too be moved too other matches instead.
  *  If an earlier match was cancelled, admin may decide that some coming matches are played with X+1 players.
[Used "some" since I assume you don´t mean 2 with "ett par"]

*  If there are any other problems before the match this should be reported too the admin of the the match.
  *  Matches are played on the given server that´s not connected too the masterserver. If problems come up it may be moved too another server if all participants agree on this.
[I don´t really know what a masterserver is so I don´t really understad this. Thus I may have gotten something wrong.]

During the match
  *  Every match consists of 2 rounds, each lasting 15 minutes. At the end of each round, all players take a snapshot of the score.

*  One "warmup round" is played before each round. It is recommended that this time is also used too fix your screenshot. Once the warmup round is over the match starts.
[I wrote this as the Swedish version was written, but I think it´s inconsistant. Do you mean that there´s 1 warmup round before the match, or 1 before each round of the match?]

*  Use of all weapons, techniques and functions belonging too the game are allowed.
  *  If a server failure or any other problem occur during the match, such as a player leaving the server or unauthorised players managing too join it, the match´s admin shall be contacted immediately. Admin and the players are then too agree on an appropriate solution.

*  When the match is over it is the winners responsibility too send snapshots of the score too the match´s admin.

After the match
  *  The scores from the two rounds are added together.
  *  The 2 players with the best score advance in the cup, the other 2 are out.
[So it´s suddenly X = 4? Please review this in the Swedish version, and then here]

*  If some players have a tied score resulting in it being impossible too determine who advances, a forth round is played. Only the players with a tied score take part in this round. This round only decides the order of the people with a tied score, the other players keep their positions. If it is naccessary, more rounds are played this way until a final result is reached.
[Forth round? I thought there were 2 rounds. Unless there were in fact only one warmup round and that you counted that one. Please review this in the Swedish version and then here.]

*  If the winner forgets or gets trouble with sending in the screenshot, the match is valid only under two conditions: Either if another player sends in a screenshot, or if all 4 players agree on what the result was.
[Again, X=4 always?]

*  If the match is not valid, it has too start all over again. The match´s admin shall be contacted and the participants are once again too agree on a time for the match.

When I wrote the rules I thought that 4 players would
be ideal for the Deathmatch mode. So yes X was 4 in my
swedish version of the rules ^^.

The reason I did write X from the start was because
I thought It would be up to the comunity to decide
how many players it should be in the games.

I think It should be 4 players because 3 players
are too few and more makes the games too messy.
Also: 4 players and not more will result in more
games in the cup and thus more challange and fun
for most of those that participate.

But as I said, it's not really just me who should
get the chance to decide that. Write your suggestions
and comments on how many players you like to have
in the DM cup.

In other teecups news: I will try to get some kind of
forum up and going today or tomorrow depending on
how hard it gets to make it work on my server.
This forum might be enough to actually start organize
and play the very first teecup. big_smile

Also don't forget to pop in at irc #teecup @quakenet. yikes

I would like to see a 1on1 ladder or cup on dm1. But it would be better to wait for 0.3.0 because it will include lots of fixes that enables you do matches etc better, like map restart, remote console etc.

Oh nice, this makes teeTV a must or atleast spectator mode.
And/or the ability to record games. smile

matricks wrote:

I would like to see a 1on1 ladder or cup on dm1. But it would be better to wait for 0.3.0 because it will include lots of fixes that enables you do matches etc better, like map restart, remote console etc.

Yeah, 1on1 cup would be really cool. Would make dodging matter more, and dodging is fun smile.

The forum is now up and running. Please have a visit at www.teecup.org !

This seems like a good idea, I would definitely try it.

Just made an account at the site.

Omg, url is dead hmm

aka oop²

I´m guessing it could be turned back up if there is interest for it. Wasn´t much actual interest for it back when Tin started, so I guess he put the project on ice.

13 (edited by Tin 2008-01-06 20:41:02)

The interest wasn't very high and I had other things that I had to do... But if more people want it now, and if anyone want to help me, I could consider to start it up again (if I have time, I really have to think it over).
Show your interest, bring your ideas for the site or offer your help and I might get persuaded smile

I changed my nick to Droid, you'll usually find me at #teewars @quakenet.org, or you could post here ofc.

(btw the url works now: www.teecup.org)

Maybe we can start now some fun clans matches, who is interested ?

aka oop²

>>>>>> meeeeeeeeeee <<<<<<

(no team)

Need idlers on #teecup chan!

edit:

*L done*

aka oop²

Is this thing dead?

Teeworlds needs cups and competitions.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

/sign Chi11y

/agree Chi11y

We need u, too. smile

/+1

... er...
mustn't...not...don't say... arr...I CAN'T

2 Tee's 1 Cup

xP

ima charhgin ma lazerz!!1
SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!!!!11

21 (edited by pAn!K - Hiryuu 2008-09-15 21:23:55)

I use a part of your rules teetow for the "additional rules" of my tournament.

why dont you record the cup's matchs using fraps or something like that?

I mean, one that enters to spect and record the match from there. I think it will help the newbies (like me) to learn more about movements, tips, and general stuff.

See you

Deus ex

Look at http://www.teetv.info/ (in the archive section)

thanx you very much smile