Re: 0.5.0 progress

rafaolisan wrote:

tickets = bugs ?

sorry but i am brazilain

As far as I know, a ticket is something which needs to be done.

So it could be a bug, a new feature etc

ok
thx
big_smile

I am <x|HT|x> oio BR leader of <x|HT|x>smile
Heaven Tees the best BR clan big_smile. Ally of cKz`
                            GG for all

Rafaolisan its not that the persons just "dont wanna answer".
You lose their time by simply forcing them to read your bullshit post because everybody expects that you wanna tell us something meaningful instead of answering you such a stupid question.
Anyways, I do it right now too, but at least now you know why you got a rude answer.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

I don´t wanna be annoying but can someone tell me why matricks did not fix anything for more than one week? Is he busy or ill or sth.? Just wanna know...

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

80 (edited by Marik 2008-11-01 21:02:35)

@ all who posted Questions about a release date and those who will post the question

just keep in mind the devs do this in their free time its a student project so keep on w8ing and be happy that there is a progress and stop this mimmimimimimimimimi cryings next version gimme gimme instead of crying maybe u should learn c/c++ and study the code and maybe try urself fixing. then you would get futur version maybe ealier and ur w8ing Problems would be solved

81 (edited by Chrono Syndrome 2008-11-03 15:24:05)

So... It's 2 months from first post already ? Well, it's looks kinda... late. And what's most interesting: for some reasons I'm really doubts that 0.5.0 will be really "groundbreaking". Basically, it's adds mostly cosmetical improvements, only new tile types are really matters for gameplay.

Don't try to catch the Night !
Useless simplifications is worst enemy of simplicity. (C)

Chrono: it's a really good release with lots of new features, remember it is still not a final game(hence the 0.x), and it's not a new game, it's an update. I wouldn't expect this much changes from a patch for a commercial game, as an example.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Chrono Syndrome wrote:

So... It's 2 months from first post already ? Well, it's looks kinda... late. And what's most interesting: for some reasons I'm really doubts that 0.5.0 will be really "groundbreaking". Basically, it's adds mostly cosmetical improvements, only new tile types are really matters for gameplay.

*yawn* rtff
you definitely have no clue 'bout 0.5

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

when it will be finished

When it's done.

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

captain amn relax man
he is only been educated
dont be rude

Ps: Rafaolisan = oio Br

when the new version comes out

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Domination Mod "Developer"
« Uptee Designer

I think you need to buy new glasses, or learn to read.

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

89 (edited by Mecha-Kirby 2008-11-14 19:25:02)

Fisico wrote:

when the new version comes out

IT'S DONE WHEN IT'S DONE, GODDAMNIT !!! you fan-kiddies who ask : "OMG WH3N DOES IT COME OUT ???" or "ZOMG REL33Z IT NAO !!111" are pretty annoying.

A wise man told his fellow FPS gamers once: "god forbid any of you going into war"

IMHO posts in developer journals should be read only. This has the only drawback that people cannot comment on new features but given the fact that there will be number_of_new_features^(rand()%10+2) new topics opened about every single thing people dont understand want added/removed, etc etc, u can surely find a nice looking topic where u can stick ur pointless moaning. ( im not speaking about the whole community in general, if it doesnt apply to you dont get upset )

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

btw: If you kiddies still asking "when it does come out", this might be happen.

A wise man told his fellow FPS gamers once: "god forbid any of you going into war"

Damn straight, Mecha-Kirby. We are, as you all know, aging men with a sadistic streak who can crush binary data with our bare hands.

teetow wrote:

Damn straight, Mecha-Kirby. We are, as you all know, aging men with a sadistic streak who can crush binary data with our bare hands.

It was just an example... (btw: The Card Crusher was a good thing to show it.)

Hi2all! If i were on developers place, first of all i'll try to improve physics in this game, because now it looks like physics in Stalker or HL-one - nothing(sorry me:) Please, add more interactivity with objects without anchor, such as barrels, ... ) and objects with scripts (there is a test for your imagination:8). Graphically, there is some place to use shaders(i'm newbie in CG&game-dev, but what about motion blur?), but with HDR...oO this effect should be used very-very-very accurately! It would be funny to see a gun, shooting with little balls, on which we could skating/sliding... I'm not one, not first with these ideas(all my searches fault)? Please, answer. Sorry4my English:)

Uh... shiny HDR effects don't fit Teeworlds at all.

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

warstorm wrote:

Hi2all! If i were on developers place, first of all i'll try to improve physics in this game, because now it looks like physics in Stalker or HL-one - nothing(sorry me:) Please, add more interactivity with objects without anchor, such as barrels, ... ) and objects with scripts (there is a test for your imagination:8). Graphically, there is some place to use shaders(i'm newbie in CG&game-dev, but what about motion blur?), but with HDR...oO this effect should be used very-very-very accurately! It would be funny to see a gun, shooting with little balls, on which we could skating/sliding... I'm not one, not first with these ideas(all my searches fault)? Please, answer. Sorry4my English:)

Refreshing post smile

What do you mean improve the physics? There aren't any to start off with really. And are you saying that the physics capabilities of the STALKER engine are bad/poor? You're dreamin'.

What will a barrel add to Teeworlds? Nothing?

A HDR-like effect has been kind of brought up in one of the blogs.

warstorm wrote:

If you were developer, you wouldn't be able to do this wink

And just by the way, teeworlds is just a little project of some young people with a good head, so relax, think about feautures we really need now (like death and teleport tiles) and watch how teeworlds evolves lol

Hooker's collection of the most Tee-ish skins!
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39896

You can have all the shiny cpu extensive graphics in your game, but if your idea is poor ie. not original, just another fps, etc etc then your game wont make it to the top.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

99 (edited by warstorm 2008-11-24 20:31:15)

good physics is not extensive graphics:)
there is nothing impossible for really good young heads! and this is more cute(and complex) than teleports, which could be source of many problems. landscape of map will be changing interactively, more and more funny situations will happen. Various natural effects such as friction, collision, (gravity, of course:), Archimed's force, airwaves, [rain and snow(graphics)]... mmmm... It's that i'll ready to pay for. To be honest, i tried to create a clone of teewars on top of the HGE 2D-engine, but it really needs about eternity of time:)

gordzo70@hotmail.com wrote:

What do you mean improve the physics? There aren't any to start off with really.

i know:)

And are you saying that the physics capabilities of the STALKER engine are bad/poor? You're dreamin'.

and stalker hasnt any physics at all.

What will a barrel add to Teeworlds? Nothing?

its just example!)

warstorm wrote:

And are you saying that the physics capabilities of the STALKER engine are bad/poor? You're dreamin'.

and stalker hasnt any physics at all.

Not at all you say? Then what is this: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hqfgs4iBRHE

However, we might be talking about different STALKERs.