Topic: Clanfaker?!

Ok, it's too much now.
A guy whose name is "DAVBUS" (he's a servercrasher and he's always online with names like "Adolf Hitler") is saying he's our clan.

I mean, his name is "°La'G Davbus", but he IS NOT in our clan!!
He's inviting members and he is faking our leader, i'm kinda crazy right now because i can't play the game without seeing any °La'G noobs who think they are in our clan as leader or co-leader.

This Davbus guy already did such a thing in [POLICE] and i saw him inviting members -.-

Ignoring does not help because the members he has invited are "allowed" to invite members too !

I really don't know what I can do now, i'm getting crazy!!

Any ideas?

Hooker's collection of the most Tee-ish skins!
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39896

Re: Clanfaker?!

There's only one solution, you already did: Mention it here and wait. The problem will be solved if you wait and relax. You cannot do anything else.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

3 (edited by pAn!K - Hiryuu 2008-10-25 17:31:18)

Yea Davbus made the same with pan!k (not inviting some members, but take the name and crash server) some month ago.

Actually ignoring works. We at police never took him serious. And we always had fakers, so it doesnt really made a difference. Just dont pay attention to him, but be sure not to miss a chance and pwn him ingame, thats the best u can do wink

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

Yeah a very pittyful person. Reminds me of some asshole called teeg0t.

Theres just one thing you can do: Put this sign ||*|| in your nickname and claim that you just invented it. It makes him very sad cause he is the real inventor. Instead of spamming he will then carry on with whining and bitchin, you have time to play and ignore him.

Anyways, here is his static IP:

*Removed*

PS: i dont think such morons are worth a talk here.just some kiddies having their fun.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

6 (edited by Magnet 2008-10-25 20:58:22)

Fortunately, Davbus has a cable ISP with static IP. Feel free to ban him on your server like I did on mine: *Removed*

He's known for being a pain in the ass everywhere he goes. As a matter of fact considering he's been behaving this way for months and not stopping even when being politely asked to stop, he deserves a ban from the master servers, even if I know he won't get one admins of individual servers should still ban him for their sake and their player's.

/vote for fix accounts in tw

so we wouldnt have the prob. with name faker clan faker and it would be easier to bann people xP

No really, you can't give out IPs to other people. They are regarded as personal information, at least in Sweden, where the server is located. Don't give your IPs again!

Used to be very active waay back

FireArrow wrote:

No really, you can't give out IPs to other people. They are regarded as personal information, at least in Sweden, where the server is located. Don't give your IPs again!

Okay, you are right. Rule#4

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Remember, 1 IP can be more peoples
/NO for fix accounts in teeworlds

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

11 (edited by Magnet 2008-10-26 13:05:21)

FireArrow wrote:

They are personal information if you correlate them with a real identity, which I don't. Also, I'm sure you realize that it's the most basic information on which the Internet is based, I don't see the need for secrecy. Most Internet services make it public.

I'm sure there are tons of blacklists hosted in Sweden, and those are IP-based too. So the legal argument is moot. And I don't see any other argument, as it's the choice of every admin to take the action they want considering such players. He plagues the most populated servers every single day and ruins many games a day by forcing people to leave (permanent/fast teamswitch, flood, etc). However I do see the need to make the IP public so that every admin of the TeeWorlds community can do something about it.

I personally think it would be sad if players of a game had to expatriate themselves from the public forums only to organize themselves against griefers. Where are the admins supposed to post that kind of information if they like?

Also, I didn't think there was a moderation on AMN's post because there was no edit notice.

Btw you are right because you're a mod, sure, and you don't need to explain yourself if you don't want the IP shown. But your argument doesn't seem valid to me.

khubajsn wrote:

Remember, 1 IP can be more peoples
/NO for fix accounts in teeworlds

That's why we call it a static IP. It's one IP for his connection; sure he can get his family banned from TW, but that's his responsibility.

While we allow for certain community- and abuse-related threads on this forum, it's not the place to solve player disputes. If you have an issue with a specific player, you'll have to take it up with him or her directly.

I'm locking this thread now, since it has no discussion value.