Topic: Requirements for running the game under linux?

More specifically, what I should have installed before running the game under linux? The game runs fine on my desktop running Fedora 7 and gf4 with nvidia proprietary drivers. On my laptop, i have an ati mobility radeon 7500 using the open source radeon drivers and Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn. All I'm seeing is white blocks and no text in the menus. Some graphics are showing(the sun and the background).

Re: Requirements for running the game under linux?

My guess is that the open source radeon drivers isn't that good on 3D. Use the proprietary once. But you could try this:

./teewars gfx_texture_quality=1
or even
./teewars gfx_texture_quality=0 gfx_texture_compression=1

matricks wrote:

My guess is that the open source radeon drivers isn't that good on 3D. Use the proprietary once. But you could try this:

./teewars gfx_texture_quality=1
or even
./teewars gfx_texture_quality=0 gfx_texture_compression=1

Ok, that worked smile, but i can't click on anything sad

p.s. btw, i can't use proprietary drivers for my ati card as they don't support it with drivers under linux.

Hey, I've got the same card on my Presario 2800!
I'm running feisty. I followed the directions here -> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=361136 to get my card working at its best (because I play counter strike). Teewars works fine for me, so give that thread a go and then report back to us.

ballistix wrote:

Hey, I've got the same card on my Presario 2800!
I'm running feisty. I followed the directions here -> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=361136 to get my card working at its best (because I play counter strike). Teewars works fine for me, so give that thread a go and then report back to us.

Thx for the link, but i never installed the fglrx driver to begin with, so my card is already working correctly.

Have you gotten Direct Rendering and AIGLX working with your card? I think if you get Direct Rendering working (which is in that link) it should be fine. Can you install compiz-fusion, and does it run properly? If so, it might be because of your download or something?

ballistix wrote:

Have you gotten Direct Rendering and AIGLX working with your card? I think if you get Direct Rendering working (which is in that link) it should be fine. Can you install compiz-fusion, and does it run properly? If so, it might be because of your download or something?

Beryl,compiz runs good for me. Haven't really tried compiz-fusion yet.