Topic: Update

A lot happened last week. These stuff got added.

* Voting for map and kicking players, including gui to call votes.
* Non-hookable tile
* Instant death tile
* Increased player limit from 12 to 16
* Dead reckoning for characters, tee to do but improved bandwidth.
* A new nice server page has been added (thanks to somerunce)

On top of this, loads and loads and loads and loads of smaller bugs here and there have been corrected and the quality of the trunk version improved quite much.

Almost all stuff that is needed for a 0.5.0 release is soon in there. We are missing ban support (working on that one) and some sort of auto-detection of where the game data is (datag is working on that one). On top of this I will also make an official release of bam and start settings version numbers on it.

It's looking quite well and a release this weekend is not impossible, depending on what bugs might show up when we start doing more serious testing. I will also do some stress testing and valgrind the whole server and client to catch as much problems as possible. It could be that we push out a pre-release for Friday/Saturday so we can get some large scale testing done. This will be under some more controlled fashion and probably just a few servers that I have control over so I can debug them if they crash. More info on how we will do this will come when I feel that we have a version that is ready for testing.

Now I shall ride over to my parents for this evening for some chillin' and relaxin'. I have vacation after all smile

Re: Update

Oh sir, happy news indeed! I'm looking foward to playing it. smile

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

Go, Matricks, go!

ima charhgin ma lazerz!!1
SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!!!!11

4 (edited by Captain AMN 2008-09-30 13:35:37)

Yea matricks is ownin the code. Headshot and m m m m monsterkill here and there. Very good news that you want to pre release and test on large scale. There are good,interested bugfinders out there. Oh and 16 is limit now? SOUNDS LIKE WE NEED A NEW CTF MAP.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Great news! I'm excited about the 16 player limit. smile I agree that we need new map(s) for it.

Captain AMN wrote:

SOUNDS LIKE WE NEED A NEW CTF MAP.

SOUNDS LIKE THAT ALREADY IS DONE, Cap. CAPS. smile

matricks, keep up the good work, as always!

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

The staff is doing a good job. ^^

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY
i am so exited for the new version
YEAH!!
good work guys!

Thx big_smile

I am <x|HT|x> oio BR leader of <x|HT|x>smile
Heaven Tees the best BR clan big_smile. Ally of cKz`
                            GG for all

COooooooooooooOl
The nice server page means server management are integrated in Teeworlds ?

Good work, I love Teeworlds !!!

lordskelethom - want to reach me quickly? https://discord.gg/teeworlds

What's "dead reckoning"?

Anyway, can't wait for the release! Can donors be part of the stress test? Pleeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeee? smile

Innocent Hawk wrote:

What's "dead reckoning"?

Anyway, can't wait for the release! Can donors be part of the stress test? Pleeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeee? smile

Dead rockning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_reckoning

Stress-testing (soak testing, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soak_testing) is done without any real players. I start a server and then start 16 dummy clients that connects and disconnects all the time, chats, shoots, run and hook like crazy to.. and that should continue doing so for at least 12 hours before I declare that the test won't show anything interesting.

Special Thanks from Germany ^^

16 players, YEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is going to be off the chain

/\/!n]@

matricks.. ur da man,

Keep up good work ;D

Im from Argentina ^^