Re: First Concepts of "the sniper"

Everyone says first. A snipergun is a gun that has to be long in order to make the bullet go straight and avoid spread. So the first suits best!

The first one looks best

First one imo.

29 (edited by HEADZOTS 2008-01-06 18:05:43)

First Sniper :

-without bayonet

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4923/sniperki5.th.png

honestly that one looks best

Agreed. Without bayonet looks better.

yea...looks more...sniper ? smile

This is your first and last meet with my gun...   R3ynolds--->Black Wolf.

For the fun factor, I would say the first gun but with the large curved bayonet from the other two.

Also, can someone please describe what the sniper is? I obviously have a lack of imagination and can not help but think of it as simply being a powered up gun - thats boring!

Unless it is truely something different, I hope the sniper rifle idea gets canned!

Once again, I would much rather see something unique, like the Lightning Gun idea that I keep trying to pimp: http://www.teewars.com/forum/viewtopic. … 2091#p2091

Cheers,

My guess is that the sniper is a long range weapon with a slow firing rate but where a single shot does a lot of damage. Maybe it will extend how far you can see too?

35 (edited by munyul 2008-01-08 09:34:29)

If that is the case then ... boring - something like that will only encourage campers. Grab, Hide, Camp and Shoot - I dread it already!

Now Teewars isn't made for camping, and it's almost impossible to camp in the game. Teewars is a really fast moving game so there's almost no time for standing still, unless you have a death wish.

And it's still a lot easier to storm a dude camping with shotgun or grenade launcher, than it will be to actually camp.

V34 wrote:

And it's still a lot easier to storm a dude camping with shotgun or grenade launcher, than it will be to actually camp.

If carrying the snipper increases the players visual range.
If the snipper is medium/high damage.

You might not even see the camper before you die! How do you expect to storm someone you can't see???

I prefer Lightning gun than Snipe 'cause i hate campers.
Btw i think it's planned?!

aka oop²

39 (edited by Dreamy 2008-01-08 17:16:08)

Campers isn´t a problem right now. People running away is. A sniper would provide a one-shot chance too kill a tee getting out of reach for the other waepons. I´d love that.

I was only speculating. Maybe see longer would be a bad idea, but medium/high damage is definitely be a must. Otherways it wouldn´t truly be a sniper, and it would be no different from the pistol except maybe less good tongue.

Sry but i prefer Lg

aka oop²

Campers isn´t a problem right now.

And I'm sure most players would like to keep it that way in future!

People running away is. A sniper would provide a one-shot chance too kill a tee getting out of reach for the other waepons.

One could argue that the chasing Tee should have better movement skills to not lose his/her prey!

and it would be no different from the pistol except maybe less good

Does the game require another pistol (gun)?

come one munyul ... how easy is it to dodge a shot? u move so fast in tw that aiming is a difficult thing with a sniper.

a lg is not unique either ... its just copied from ut ...

kann nix kann alles
irc: fedeago_UTzone
teelove

i think it would be cool if the sniper has one special... it ignores the armor and do a lot of damage but have a long reload time... and be serious, aiming is not so easy in the game tongue this is my idea for the sniper tongue

kan³ix wrote:

come one munyul ... how easy is it to dodge a shot? u move so fast in tw that aiming is a difficult thing with a sniper.

a lg is not unique either ... its just copied from ut ...

I never played UT, so I'll take your word for it. However it would be unique to TW, we already have 3 ranged weapons that deal out basic damage, the LG would have a new (unique) and different effect.

Also, I've played a few tees online that are very good shots! I'd hate to play them when they had a high powered sniper rifle tongue

kan³ix, wake up LG come from Quake :]

aka oop²

PrimeviL wrote:

kan³ix, wake up LG come from Quake :]

Yeah, Quake was the original LG, but I thought he might have been referring to the "hopping" effect of the LG!? Quake's LG was a single target hit weapon, does the UT weapon hit multiple targets?

47 (edited by PrimeviL 2008-01-08 19:16:56)

Dunno, i play only Quakeworld, others games sux for me (except TW) (;

aka oop²

i think instead of a lightning gun it should be a laser gun... firing red lines of pure light and death wink
the sniper should have the same LOS like the other weapons, but it should shoot directly with no bullet-flying-time ^^ to arrange damage with shots been fired it should deal most of the lifes, so that wounded Tees get killed but a healthy Tee survives with 1 or 2 hearts. The gun should be slower than the nate-launcher, but not to slow, so that u can fire at new upcoming enemys after a shot. Thats my opinion the sniper should be wink

by the way: the sniper-lg is from ut wink but the lightning-gun itself from quake

49 (edited by Lauri455 2008-01-08 19:55:49)

First Snipa' without bayonet and with scope wink

Every SnipeRRifle has a scope! smile

My first post! I like to welcome everyone and wish you guys happy new year ! smile

Poland wins the match! smile And BadSol copies my sig hmm
In game: TruLauri [PL], Lauri455 [PL]
GG#: 7062194, AQQ#: 4137213, Xfire: Lauri2047 (lauri455)

munyul wrote:

People running away is. A sniper would provide a one-shot chance too kill a tee getting out of reach for the other waepons.

One could argue that the chasing Tee should have better movement skills to not lose his/her prey!

One could also argue that running away is easier than chasing, due too rocket properties as well as the shooting while moving thing, which makes chasing very hard if someone is extremely good at running away. Thare´s quite a lot of people who are good at running away.