Re: 0.5.0 progress

I relly think, that they wont release 0.5.0 this week...
Maybe next month, but only the developers can answer this question.

MyRace:   |   run_fool
Help
Me:    |   Pennergame
My
Clan:    |   «Òó°L»

52 (edited by P.Dude! 2008-09-29 11:30:47)

Do you know:

When it's done...

=/ ?

* Visit my Homepage: ClicK!
* Especially the Teeworlds Section!

@Eve: you could spend your money better and donate to TW instead of organising a party smile maybe this will accelerate the development process tongue
oh and releasing 0.5 this week would be good and bad for me. I wanted the devs/mods to have a look at my 2on2 map. It has been in concept for more than a month yet  =/

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

[_Xe'n'eX_] wrote:

I relly think, that they wont release 0.5.0 this week...
Maybe next month, but only the developers can answer this question.

Dude, next month is this week, and I was just asking because (dunno if you read other posts in this thread), Matricks told me it was possibly this week.

We'll see his answer in times.

~{MS}~ Eve ~{MonkeyStyle}~ - Instagib Teeworlds Clan
VISIT US: http://www.monkeystyle.tk
Check out our IRC channel: #monkeystyle on QuakeNet || Also check out the TeeWiki: http://teewiki.info

All who are asking: an indication could be the trac roadmap which is available on http://teeworlds.com/trac/teeworlds/milestone/0.5.0
Currently there are 28 active tickets (22 defects!). If there are some more complex bugs in this list I don't think there there will be a release very soon. But I hope so smile

@Teeworlds developers: Thank you for your nice work!

http://blog.jbbr.net/ - My (german) Blog

i heard we wont be able to use mods on the new version. Why is this?!

Bye.

Since the code is almost completely restuctured, the mods have to be modified to fit the 0.5 code.

Somerunce wrote:

Since the code is almost completely restuctured, the mods have to be modified to fit the 0.5 code.

very good news. I hope they'll never get to know how to fix the mod.patches.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

dinosmoothie wrote:

i heard we wont be able to use mods on the new version. Why is this?!

Mods are not officially supported. Until they are, Teeworlds version updates will break compatibility with unofficial versions, including mods. We will re-visit official mod support somewhere down the road, but it's not a priority at the moment.

Landil wrote:

very good news. I hope they'll never get to know how to fix the mod.patches.

Why is that very good news? You hate mods... But why?

maybe cause they were more played then the normal game. Landil but ur hope will only be hope cause ssomerunce knows the code very well so the instagib mod will be probably released on the same date or some days later after the 0.5.0 release

I have a suggestion about the blur. I'd think it would be quite interesting if the background only blurred when the action becomes intense.

The owner and blogger of the little known group dedicated to posting indie content of all kinds I+

Marik16 wrote:

maybe cause they were more played then the normal game.

Okay. But that is the players choice, right? Everybody should have the freedom to choose how they play Teeworlds (ie modded/unmodded), as it is an Open Source game. However, if every server there is, is modded, then perhaps there is a problem.

Landil wrote:

*gone*

Interesting. It was edited by matricks. Why? I'm really curious about what Landil has to say.

Xer0 wrote:

I have a suggestion about the blur. I'd think it would be quite interesting if the background only blurred when the action becomes intense.

How would you measure the intensity of the action? X kills per minutes?

Xer0 wrote:

Can the Teeworlds-Engine use such effects ? if yes, cool. Nice idea.

A wise man told his fellow FPS gamers once: "god forbid any of you going into war"

thread cleaned.

gordzo70@hotmail.com wrote:
Landil wrote:

*gone*

Why? I'm really curious about what Landil has to say.

Ask me ingame!

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Marik16 wrote:

developers/moderators/operators in irc are always right and if not they are still right is that reason enough

Accepting that is completely irrational. It might be rational to somebody who doesn't care about freedom.

Landil wrote:
gordzo70@hotmail.com wrote:

Why? I'm really curious about what Landil has to say.

Ask me ingame!

I doubt that would happen.
I'll try and hang out on the irc channel when i'm free.

This is the very reason we don't discuss moderation in the forum; you'll end up polluting every thread where a moderator takes action.

Please stay on topic, or we'll have to lock or reset this thread.

@ devs:

Any progress of 0.5.0 ?

(just keepin' topic alive)

A wise man told his fellow FPS gamers once: "god forbid any of you going into war"

yeah
i am missing this topic big_smile

I am <x|HT|x> oio BR leader of <x|HT|x>smile
Heaven Tees the best BR clan big_smile. Ally of cKz`
                            GG for all

The roadmap at the Trac says 82%

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:tFrmnbTlxoQhpM:http://www.podcastingnews.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/leave-britney-alone-guy.jpg
Pleeeeease, leave the developers alone.
Just have a look at the roadmap http://teeworlds.com/trac/teeworlds/roadmap and you will see that nearly 80% of the current tickets are done. But I'm sure there will appear some other bugs --> so relax and wait.

73 (edited by rafaolisan 2008-10-31 15:08:08)

tickets = bugs ?

sorry but i am brazilain

GG for all

rafaolisan wrote:

tickets = bugs ?

sorry but i am brazilain

You will understand it if you read them. Please don't waste time of other people.

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

if u don wanna anwser, only dont awnser
pls dont be rude

GG for all