1 (edited by qwerty800 2008-05-20 20:53:06)

Topic: (ENGINE)the way to decode skins

Hi.
I was wondering how (lines of code) do the game engine proceed to decode the skins.

I think (and I'm probably not alone) it's boring to always "Save the svg, export it, move it to the skins folder, run the game, go in settings menu, seek for your skin..." 35 times for some dumbs details.

It would be nice to have a program who decode and check the svg file, then send the render

EDIT:
I will try give you an idea:
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/348/dessintd0.png

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed.
If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
My skins

2 (edited by Landil 2008-05-19 23:58:27)

Re: (ENGINE)the way to decode skins

/sign

it's not boring, it's annoying XD

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

3 (edited by qwerty800 2008-05-20 20:51:52)

On the Graphic, we can see:
1.(Arrow icon) Re-Render
2.(Folder icon) Load a svg/png file
3.(+ sign) Where the tee is looking

We could also add things like:
Eyes selection
Scale selection
but we will see about that.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed.
If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
My skins

Take a look at gc_render.cpp line 137 and gc_skin.cpp

I 100% agree with this.

6 (edited by qwerty800 2008-05-22 21:04:31)

up

Does anyone know the C/C++, Visual, Java or any other language programation?

My skins

*programming language

I do.

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

Could you (and/or anyone else) do a such program?

My skins

I don't have time at the moment, but I'll try to take a look in July or August tongue

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

yeah, nah.

_|---------------------------------------|_
  |Skins StudioPaw Steam Icon Graphics |
_|---------------------------------------|_

Up:

So, would some1 do a such project to help every graphists of TW?

My skins

Is there still some interest in it? If so, I could look if I find some time to check out the code and write a small viewer. These files are png, arent they? If they are native svg, I am not able to write such an app because the afford to decode the svg or find a header which does this and learning how to use the header would be too big at the moment.

(and plz, do not reply with "look it up in your teeworlds folder yourself", I have no Teeworlds at the moment (shame on me!) here)

greetings
Lord Horazont

Servers:
For normal games: /usr/games/teeworlds/teeworlds_srv
For highly tuned and totally freaky games: /usr/games/teeworlds/teeworlds_special

spl0k thankfully has written such an application in Java 6.0 (see here) and in php which is implemented in http://www.teeworlds-db.com.

The skins are saved as an png - usually in 256x128 px resolution

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook