101 (edited by Rubenoel08 2008-08-15 15:07:28)

Re: [TUTORIAL] Dedicated server (win32)

strange ... now was normal that I gave a new name to file teewars ... teewars.cfg was ... but the attachment of teewrolds.srv.exe: server registered. but the server is not listed get online and play by lan what I have to do to qualify to play online
obs.: I do not have router

It doesn't matter if you have a router, I think?

SPEAK[img]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/crazyconfused1/Freakazoid-English.gif[/img]OR I WILL IGNORE YOU~!!

Yes it matters if you have a router. If you do you will have to forward the ports for the server to your computer.
If you don't have a router and get an error, make sure the firewall allow the server through.

Used to be very active waay back

but then I do not have a router then I I cannot create a server for not having a router?

Is your firewall off Rubenoel08?

SPEAK[img]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/crazyconfused1/Freakazoid-English.gif[/img]OR I WILL IGNORE YOU~!!

106 (edited by Rubenoel08 2008-08-15 16:24:46)

I disactivated firewall and I happened the same thing. the server online is not listed.

e now? they answer soon… I hate when you respndem another topics and not this here! mad

Answering:

PT-BR:

Cara, se você não tem um router, basta fazer suas configs certinhas (pode achar no forum) e salvar na pasta do tw como 'arquivo.cfg' (exemplo).
Então cria um atalho do teeworlds_srv, e na caixa 'Destino' vai no final e coloca: "-f arquivo.cfg" (espaço entre o teewrolds_srv.exe e o -f)
Talvez o Firewall bloqueie a porta 8303 (padrao do tw) mas é só liberar.

English:

Dude, if you don't have a router... Just do your configs in the right way (you can find in the forum) and save in teeworld's paste as 'file.cfg' (e.g.)
So, create a shortcut of teeworlds_srv.exe, and at the end of the Target Box add: "-f file.cfg" (put a space between teeworlds_srv.exe and -f
Maybe your Firewall will block the port 8303 (default of teeworld), but you just have to allow it

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

It's good but I haven't got your files
Look my files

And teeworlds.srv is impossible to open
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3166/preuveoh2.th.png

Killing------ wrote:

It's good but I haven't got your files
Look my files

And teeworlds.srv is impossible to open

"2) Make a new CFG-File called "teewars.cfg""

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

111 (edited by Killing------ 2008-08-27 09:14:02)

How make a new cgf-file? I haven't guide for this

112 (edited by Landil 2008-08-27 09:43:38)

Killing------ wrote:

How make a new cgf-file? I haven't guide for this

Did you read the discussion?
Did you use the search function?
-NO YOU DID NOT!-

There's an example cfg-file linked in the discussion and this question was asked thousand times before. If you cannot read go to a doctor and let him check your eyes. If you think I am rude, check my signature.

right click/ create new text file/ rename the textfile e.g. "new textfile.txt" to "teeworlds.cfg"/ that's it

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

I search But I not find this information

Landil wrote:

right click/ create new text file/ rename the textfile e.g. "new textfile.txt" to "teeworlds.cfg"/ that's it

I don't understand this: what file create? and in the file nothing made -_-

it's a plain .cfg file, which you can edit with the information provided in section 3)

I'm doing this but nothing happens

118 (edited by Slinack 2008-08-27 17:58:11)

1. Open a TEXT EDITOR;
2. Type your server config; (See!)

Pvpede wrote:

sv_name Sample DM Server
sv_gametype dm
sv_warmup 10
sv_map dm2
sv_maprotation dm2 dm6
sv_max_clients 8
sv_scorelimit 20

3. Save your file as "EXAMPLE.cfg"

1st part, done.

Create a shortcut of "teeworlds_srv.exe"
Open the shortcut's properties
On TARGET BOX, add at the end: " -f example.cfg"

Then, run the shortcut.

DONE.

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

119 (edited by GSGDani 2008-09-04 14:41:30)

ive created a video.. it shows an easy way to create a server and/or how to put all stuff from teedb in your tw correctly wink
Download
Video is in mp4 / around 100mb wink
other file formats will be release soon wink

*edit*
wmv video will be release soon

Remember me? Questions? Just leave a message, I will respond within 72 hrs!

120 (edited by Landil 2008-08-31 20:37:58)

very nice dani! I hope it'll get sticky (put the link in the first post) and will reduce the questions here.

Thanks for that, Dani.

Will link your video to the #1 page! smile

Core2Quad QX9650 12MB 4x3,00GHz - Razer Lachesis - Corsair 8 GB XMS2 DDRII PC6400 RAM DualChannel - Nvidia GeForce 9800GX2 1GB PCI-E - Windows Vista Ultimate EN 64-bit

okkk thx wink

Remember me? Questions? Just leave a message, I will respond within 72 hrs!

Hi, can I use .cfg files from other directoies or can I only use them copied in the server directory?

xerpt wrote:

Hi, can I use .cfg files from other directoies or can I only use them copied in the server directory?

Only in the server directory ..

Core2Quad QX9650 12MB 4x3,00GHz - Razer Lachesis - Corsair 8 GB XMS2 DDRII PC6400 RAM DualChannel - Nvidia GeForce 9800GX2 1GB PCI-E - Windows Vista Ultimate EN 64-bit

Hey. I've read all the posts here several times and i still have a problem.
I made a file in Notepad, pasted the deathmach options, named it "teewars.cfg", copied "teeworlds_srv" and made a shortcut, changed the end of the target in the properties into "C:\Program Files\Teeworlds\teeworlds_srv.exe" -f teewars.cfg, started the shortcut and there was a LAN game "unnamed server" for 8 players - but i made my server with 4 players so i can find it faster - but the game started with dmmap1 ... i wrote dm2 and dm6 in the notepad.

So nothing from the notepad worked, the only diference was that there was a LAN server and i could play it with my friend - but none of the settings worked.

I just want to make a server for 4 players, with password and the dm 6 map - i think i tried everything so please help.