Topic: Action-packed desert evenings ahead.

Work has now started on making a few new maps to include in 0.5, and I thought it would be time to tease you with two of them! big_smile

Both are still quite heavy WIP's, so nothing final to haunt anyone's family for. ^^

ctf3
Overview: Click!

ctf3 is a quite smallish ctf for ~2on2/3on3, if you have played ctf_desert1 earlier you will see that they have some things in common, but ctf3 is smaller, faster and funnier. Alot of hectic clan games will be played on this one for sure. Despite what you may think from the screenshot the movement is pretty easy, and the more experienced players will enjoy the smooth hooking until they bang right into the defense wall that most teams will have above their base, the team with most pressure whilst still being able to hold their defense wall will be the winning one.

dm7
Overview: Click!

dm7 is a large DM map that is mainly made by RallyHagge, the creator of pro6_dm. It is not as huge as dm2, but still notably larger than dm6 making it perfect for public dm and alike. The hole at the bottom holds the only laser, and also some health, making it very valuable, whilst the top of the map offers faster movement and spread health, making it the place to run for when the hearts in your health bar are getting lonely. Anyone who enjoys dm2, dm6 or pro6_dm will definitely like this one.

Expect these two and maybe 2, possibly 3, more in 0.5

- The 0.5 mappers.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

2 (edited by Marik 2008-08-25 19:46:08)

Re: Action-packed desert evenings ahead.

ctf3: i don´t like that the flag is in 1 corner but the style is quite nice

dm7: i don´t like the huge hole there because you can be hit bad there ecause of no evasion place

Oh, the flag isn't in the corner, it stands on what would be the rock in right base.

EDIT: Making it clear: http://www.varg42.se/~chi11y/flag.png

The flag stands in the pile of sand. smile

I think ctf3 will offer great movement possibilities, but I don´t like desert tileset.

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

i dont like the ctf3 map
i hate these "defense" things where just 1 player run to the flag an the others def
its really boring because it take a long time that some flag runner get the flag

i think defending is a little bit too easy and i hate the desert tile set its hard too see with background i think XD
i hope that in 0.5 will be many official maps and tilesets i w8 for a new 1on1 map and big ctf map like ctf2

stivikivi wrote:

i dont like the ctf3 map
i hate these "defense" things where just 1 player run to the flag an the others def
its really boring because it take a long time that some flag runner get the flag

just change your strategy -.-

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

I didnt play your maps but i am almost sure they arent as good as you described them xD

If you think about the stock maps, you will notice that every map has something special about it. I dont see anything special in the new maps though.. it's like all those boring copied run_maps at the moment.

Will pro6 be included in 0.5? That map is the only one i would consider being a stock map too. Its good and detailed and special.. I really dont like the other maps, don't be sad big_smile

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Captain AMN wrote:

I didnt play your maps but i am almost sure they arent as good as you described them xD

If you think about the stock maps, you will notice that every map has something special about it. I dont see anything special in the new maps though.. it's like all those boring copied run_maps at the moment.

Will pro6 be included in 0.5? That map is the only one i would consider being a stock map too. Its good and detailed and special.. I really dont like the other maps, don't be sad big_smile

Captain smile
ctf3 is not finished yet, but it has a very special and unique feeling to play. It's balanced and ideal for a 2v2 or a 3v3. We tested it a lot and changed a lot of details, so the status quo is imho comparable to the other stock maps.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Captain AMN wrote:

I don't get the idea that you think you can make a fair analysis of a map just from seeing the overview. O.o It's like saying you don't like a car you've never driven, or don't like food you've only seen on a picture. Fine, pictures tell you more than a thousand words, but still, a thousand words isn't enough to describe feeling and flow.

They are unique, I promise you that. Even if they don't have epic "DIFFERENT SHIET"-signs covering 98% of the map for everyone to notice on a tiny overview.

The proposition "I am the center" need never be uttered. It is the assumption upon which all certainty and all doubt turns.

Slinack wrote:
stivikivi wrote:

i dont like the ctf3 map

just change your strategy -.-

its not about my stragey i just hate it if its end so....

Golvmopp wrote:

I don't get the idea that you think you can make a fair analysis of a map just from seeing the overview. O.o It's like saying you don't like a car you've never driven, or don't like food you've only seen on a picture. Fine, pictures tell you more than a thousand words, but still, a thousand words isn't enough to describe feeling and flow.

They are unique, I promise you that. Even if they don't have epic "DIFFERENT SHIET"-signs covering 98% of the map for everyone to notice on a tiny overview.

OK if you say so i believe it big_smile

Maybe i should make a map on my own to see how hard it is to make a real good map. Gimme a month smile

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Captain AMN wrote:

Gimme a month

Lol smile

Captain AMN wrote:

OK if you say so i believe it big_smile

Maybe i should make a map on my own to see how hard it is to make a real good map. Gimme a month smile

It IS hard to make a balanced, fun and variated map, and that's why I think it's stupid to just discard a map from one glance. tongue If you'd seen dm1 on an overview at first, you probably would've disliked it even more than these.

You should all appreciate that Chi11y took the time to inform the community of the progress.

The proposition "I am the center" need never be uttered. It is the assumption upon which all certainty and all doubt turns.

Captain AMN: If you like pro6 you will definitely enjoy dm7, same creator, same style, but even more testing going into it, just wait 'til you get to test it smile

ctf3 is very different from both ctf1 and ctf2, so much that I'd almost say it is the opposite to un-original, the thing is that you expect a certain type of map when looking at ctf1/2 whilst ctf3 has very different gameplay from both of them. The fear of it being a map where you have one capper and rest of team defending is also quite the opposite of the truth, one alone capper wont stand any chance at all against a mildly experienced defender, it requires atleast two players to successfully capture the flag, or atleast one really skilled player, when playing ctf3 it is all about being able to balance both defending and attacking.

im not sure but i think i remember a map called ctf.desert ... look quite the same. but it looks great ;D dm7 looks little crappy ;( and i aggree to marik 16 the hole is a little sucky ;( but still a nice map

As a tester I must agree with the other testers and say that the maps are incredibly good. The hole is what makes the map how it is, and it's really well done.

I didn't seem to stress the subject enough. tongue Maps will always look different than they feel when you play them. Don't judge the maps because of the overview, judge the overview itself instead. They aren't the same.

wow i already like ctf3^^

The CTF map looks great!

Could you please make sure it is exactly symmetrical (the collision tiles that is). Because CTF1 isn't exactly symmetrical, and therefore isn't a fair game. It looks exactly symmetrical so far though big_smile

Cheers for the update.

gordzo, map is symmetrical lol xD

Well, I am curious about the new maps, even though I dont like the desert tileset really... But since teeworlds rounds arent too long it is not too bad wink

The dm map looks quite funny, I hope the update wont take too long anymore...
( and if it does, you are quite sadistic showing us maps and let us waiting weeks, months, years wink )

greetings
Lord Horazont

Servers:
For normal games: /usr/games/teeworlds/teeworlds_srv
For highly tuned and totally freaky games: /usr/games/teeworlds/teeworlds_special

Wee! Great to get some feedback. Gives me a real kick in the ass!

Btw: There are rly great 1on1 maps beeing tried out right at this moment, and we will continue develope, test and trim them till there will be only one (i guess?) exquisite winner left. big_smile

Repeating line at the top right corner of your screen:
RallyHagge!  ( ••)   ?????  ( ><) Your name

I like this CTF3 map, it will do nice hook movement.

But im worried about defense of flaggers, it will hard to kill him. But you say its a 2v2 or 3v3 map so this will be good, wait and see smile

wapps.warpaint. wrote:

Stop to bump old topics. -.-
This one is from 2008...

wapps.

Stop to answer bots -.-
This one is for sleep movements...

dune.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Lol,sry..
Didn't see his signature o.O
I think, now I am the one who bumps old topics.. ;D

wapps.

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.