Topic: How to make my own Mods

Hello Teeworlds Community,

i think Teeworlds is a good game but I want more than only play. I want to learn tu make my own mods. Can someone tell me a good tutorial where I can learn such things? I'd be very happy.

Thank you.

So far,
Lunaticore

Re: How to make my own Mods

You need to have some programming experience, mainly in C/C++, and u need to browse the sources and other peoples mods to see how they did things. If u can handle simple tasks on ur own u may get help on more advanced stuff @ irc.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

Hi Lunaticore,

first of all you need some C++ skills. If you don't have some, you should first read a C++ tutorial.

Otherwise for a first starting point you should try building the sources yourself. If you dig this, then come to the next step.

Modify the sources. In src/game/server you find all relevant files. There will be no tutorial, it's pretty selfexplaining.

Here some links:
- CompilingEverything
- My Survival-Patch

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

Well,
i've a lil bit experience in C. But i've no idea how to get access to the sources, or how to extract it. And thanks for your answer torch smile

So far,
Lunatic

Get the sources: Go where you'd download the new tw version, download the sources instead.

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);