Topic: Upcoming fansite kit and FAQ

We've noticed that there's been quite a lot of Teewars fansites popping up lately, which is very nice. This, however, suggests that it's time for some formalized ideas around what constitutes a fan-site, what is allowed / discouraged etc.

We're not quite at the point where we've decided upon everything yet, and therefore I wanted to get some feedback from you guys.

* What kind of resources would you expect from a Teewars fansite kit? Logotypes? Web design guidelines?
* Do you have any questions regarding hosting files, or deep-linking into our site?
* What do you expect your sites to contain?
* If you run a website in a non-English language, will you volunteer to translate Teewars-related documents into those languages?
* Should we differentiate between official fansites and others?

Re: Upcoming fansite kit and FAQ

Yay, nice smile

aka oop²

I'm Portuguese and I was going to offer my help to translate the documents (and game if needed) into portuguese, regardless of this post.

Anyway, I'm not going to create a fan-site but my help is offered big_smile

It would be great with some vector-based tees and guns. (:

Hmm. If translating is needed, I could translate into german. smile

can we use the font?
can we have the font/font-pic?

I can do the translation into Danish, if needed (:

hmm but it would be better if all have 1 forum and some helpers who translate every post into the own language
for example:
In the english forum post somebody:
It look very nice and I love it
so a german guy read in the german forum:
Es sieht sehr gut aus und ich liebe es
so all people can answer if they can speak good english or not big_smile
and the answers from germany goes into the original forum big_smile

i think this isnt very usefull. it would be better to add a subforum for foreign languages.

Why do we have to separate?

Having fansites in different languages seems like a good idea too me. It would give fans who don´t know or arn´t comfortable with english a place too be, hang out and ask questions. At the same time it would keep this forum understandable too a wide audiance by keeping it all-english.

I would however like too see links between the communities. Ideally all who do know english should find this site, and for instance french people hanging on this site should be encouraged too go too the french community as well. That should make sure that there are actually people there who can answer questions, and for the difficult ones, translate and redirect them here.

Thus I´d like too see a list of links too active fansite communities on this site, as well as all of them linking back here.

Dreamy wrote:

...and for instance french people hanging on this site should be encouraged too go too the french community as well.

Thx Dreamy tongue

aka oop²

What is the tongue smiley hinting at?

why is the tongue smilie filed as : P ? I see no tongue at all o.O

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Hi@all! I think its really great that you are interested in the fanpages of Teewars. Maybe you could make a small script where news of Teewars are shown and we can bind in on our pages. I almost made a small Fanpage but it is still in work: Teewars.de.tl

MFG Pierre big_smile

I can translate into Russian. smile

what came out of this discussion?

Do we have answers to

* What kind of resources would you expect from a Teewars fansite kit? Logotypes? Web design guidelines?
* Do you have any questions regarding hosting files, or deep-linking into our site?
* What do you expect your sites to contain?
* If you run a website in a non-English language, will you volunteer to translate Teewars-related documents into those languages?
* Should we differentiate between official fansites and others?

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

I have no intensions in making a teewars fansite, mostly besouse i don't see the need just yet. But if I did want to make a website i would like to use logotypes and the documents (manuals, don't know what license you have now), and maybe the news headlines like KingPierre said.

I think that there should be no webdesign guidelines in the unofficial fansites, but the official might have some so that they look more alike.

What the sites contain can vary (i think it is spelled that way). Some fansites might be a forum in another language, another a wiki (FAQ) or something like that. What i mean is that they should be free to have what kind of fansite they like and no real demands.

There might not be any real difference between official and unoffial, but there should be some requirements fulfilled before becoming official.