Re: [MOD] FlagBall

bobsmiley, wow! The people like this map. Great work! The goals are now perfect.

bobsmiley wrote:

Where you test it (On what a server) and when.
(When i can play it then i can see what i can make better smile )

Maybe this evening. For the test I just hosted it locally on my workstation.

bobsmiley wrote:

By me it have a crash when i want to take the flag! (I have windows)

There have to be exactly two flags (1 red / 1 blue). A bug in the MOD lets the server crash when there is only one flag. I fixed this temporarily in the map for the test.

It would be nice if you come to test-play, just search "FlagBall".

These things may be fixed:
-) Only one DM-spawn per goal (place it this way on the left side: [_*__] and [__*_] on the right side.
-) People complained about the high contrast. Is it possible to make tiles... I don't know... a bit darker?
-) Too many spawn points in the isolated team zone. Please spread them more over the map (not goal-zone)
-) There has to be a red-flag "present", but it should be invisible (maybe covered by another layer)

Thanks for the great work! This map will become a new FlagBall-map in the map-rotation smile

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

dataq wrote:

-) People complained about the high contrast. Is it possible to make tiles... I don't know... a bit darker?

If some people dont like it you can make a shadow over the map wink

Ok now another question.

How I can make it to a instagib server???? When i start the server i have a hammer and a pistol!

Please help me smile

sv_instagib 1

bobsmiley, as Marik16 correctly answered, the instagib-mode can be switched on with the sv_instagib config-var. It's not enabled by default. For a list of all vars please take a look at this earlier post.

Marik, I'm looking forward to your next (medium-size) map wink

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

I modified bobsmiley's map a bit that it works with the flagball-mod

Download: fb_aperture.map

These things were modified:
- changed name to "fb_aperture" (hope this is okay bobsmiley)
- added red flag (dummy flag, unused)
- placed some spawn-points in the vertical middle
- removed the superfluous DM-spawn-points (=goals)

The map is already in the map-rotation. The map got very good feedback.

56 (edited by TeBob 2008-08-08 13:44:17)

dataq wrote:

- changed name to "fb_aperture" (hope this is okay bobsmiley)

Its ok wink

(I have make another map you can see it here)

I hope you like it smile

As requested here is a template for the MOTD and Server-Welcome-Message:

sv_motd Welcome to the FlagBall-MOD (hosted by YOUR_NAME)!\n\nScore points by putting the ball (blue-flag) into your goal.\nRed team plays into blue goal, blue team plays into red goal.\n\nScores:\n  * throwing into goal: 50 points for team, 5 points for player\n  * jumping through the goal: 100 points for team, 10 points for player\n  * own-goal: points for the opponent team and -30 points for player!\n\nYou can throw the ball by pressing fire-key (mouse1)\nor pass the ball directly to a teammate by pressing the hook-key (mouse2).\n\nCamping near a goal is not possible - don't even try it.\n\nHappy smashing!

sv_welcome_message <<IMPORTANT>>: Please read the game-instructions (our MOTD) carefully! In order to read the MOTD again, press [ESC] and then click on "Server Info".

THX

59 (edited by Marik 2008-08-08 17:10:58)

i´m finished with my new map fb_blizzard
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4320/snag2ym2.jpg

downloadlink

edit: if u downloaded the map plz do it again edited some things

Nice backround!
And map too smile

Marik16 wrote:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4320/snag2ym2.jpg

downloadlink

edit: if u downloaded the map plz do it again edited some things

You see some people that push out almost daily maps, which 99% of them are bad (not mentioning any names .). This is not! Very nice work Marik!

62 (edited by datag 2008-08-08 19:40:02)

Marik16 wrote:

Hey Marik! This is a really great map!

I testplayed it locally and everything seems to look fine (map-size, layout, design). But one little thing is confusing: The red goal is blue, too. Is this intended?

Wow, now there are at least 5 maps for flagball.. big_smile

Edit: Could you please tell the admin of the [QS] server that he should change the server-name to [FlagBall] and [Instagib]? He may take a look at Very important. A proper MOTD explaining the game (my last post) would be good, too.

Marik16 wrote:

May I ask why snow suddenly, without any warning or particular reason, stopped following simple gravity laws? smile

Oh well, I guess it's cool that someone uses airen's old snow tileset atleast smile

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

64 (edited by Marik 2008-08-08 20:15:39)

@ chi11y
its not airens tileset stephanator made it and i can post airens if u want i made a map with airens tileset but the data size get huge with his tileset

@ datag i host sometimes the Qs flagball server tongue
and i copied the motd and welcome message

Marik, what about my question about the map:

datag wrote:

The red goal is blue, too. Is this intended?

There are already too many people doing own-goals, so it should be clear which goal belongs to which team.

66 (edited by Marik 2008-08-08 20:51:33)

i´ll fix it

maybe i´ll add some shadows too

Edit: I have added now some Quads hope now its clear which goal belongs to which team

http://rapidshare.com/files/135886948/f … d.map.html

67 (edited by catpaw 2008-08-08 21:17:53)

Chi11y wrote:

Oh well, I guess it's cool that someone uses airen's old snow tileset atleast smile

Don't forget the role of my extractor here, you hated so much, needed&used 'cause airens is gone missing...

Well, if he had asked airen, who always idles in irc, he would have gotten it anyway, he would even have gotten the improved version that I know airen has worked on quite some time ago.. wink

But, I see what you mean, and I think you know what I mean.. wink

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Just wanted to say thank you to all map-designers and server-hoster. There are now 5 flagball-maps (fb_teamplay, fb_standstorm, fb_aperture, fb_apertureSX, fb_blizzard) available and every day there is at least one server online which is really fun to play.

I can make another map with jail design if you want it smile

I have been running a flagball server for a couple of days and while doing so, it has segfaulted 3 or 4 times now. I finally managed to be playing while it happened. I was just grabbing the flag mid-air when I think I hooked another tee at the same time. Could that have caused it? I've been running another server with the run mod simultaneously and it has been running happily for all this time. I'm no expert and I don't know if this is of any help but I did a backtrace with gdb:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0xb7c57940 (LWP 10082)]
0x08063295 in player::tick ()
Current language:  auto; currently asm
(gdb) bt
#0  0x08063295 in player::tick ()
#1  0x0805b980 in game_world::tick ()
#2  0x0805c494 in mods_tick ()
#3  0x08056252 in main ()

Hi ziltoide, I'm aware of this problem, thanks for the report. Maybe I'll fix it and merge flagball-patch with 0.4.3.

Please do. smile While I realize this isn't an admin mod... The possibility to ban own goal scorers would be great. Most people who score own goals on purpose come right back after being kicked. I disabled own goals so some genius got the idea to just sit inside his goal with the flag and wait to be killed.

74 (edited by datag 2013-04-27 04:43:49)

This is the new mod-flagball 0.1.10. ChangeLog in README file is included in patch (mod-flagball.txt).

teeworlds-0.4.3-mod-flagball-0.1.10 (yet untested!)

--

@ziltoide: Could you please compile flagball with debug-information (`bam server_debug`) and run it with gdb. Your backtrace was useful that we know that it crashes in method player::tick(). Knowing which line exactly the segfault occurs would be really nice. Please also try to find out how the bug can be reproduced (order of hooking/grabbing flag,...)

Ok, got the backtrace now for the new version. I'll look into how to reproduce it.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0xb7ca4940 (LWP 17616)]
0x080593b2 in vector2_base<float>::operator= (this=0x98485ec, v=@0x4) at ~/teeworlds-0.4.3-src/src/game/g_vmath.h:28
28              const vector2_base &operator =(const vector2_base &v) { x = v.x; y = v.y; return *this; }
Current language:  auto; currently c++
(gdb) bt
#0  0x080593b2 in vector2_base<float>::operator= (this=0x98485ec, v=@0x4) at ~/teeworlds-0.4.3-src/src/game/g_vmath.h:28
#1  0x08067a69 in player::tick (this=0x981f91c) at ~/teeworlds-0.4.3-src/src/game/server/gs_server.cpp:1595
#2  0x0806168f in game_world::tick (this=0x983dae8) at ~/teeworlds-0.4.3-src/src/game/server/gs_server.cpp:407
#3  0x0806172c in mods_tick () at ~/teeworlds-0.4.3-src/src/game/server/gs_server.cpp:2303
#4  0x080581c0 in server_run () at ~/teeworlds-0.4.3-src/src/engine/server/es_server.c:1037
#5  0x08058566 in main (argc=3, argv=0xbfb5df04) at ~/teeworlds-0.4.3-src/src/engine/server/es_server.c:1174