Topic: Extracting srv

Hi! Rajh made a dummy mod for me but now we want to integrate something, cause of this I need the patch file. Could anyone extract the patch out of the following file? (Is this possible at all?)

http://rapidshare.de/files/40156796/tee … b.exe.html

This is the original thread. There is a dummy patch on Rajh´s homepage but it is the old one. I think Rajh is inactive, although.

http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1598

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

Re: Extracting srv

Stephanator wrote:

Hi! Rajh made a dummy mod for me but now we want to integrate something, cause of this I need the patch file. Could anyone extract the patch out of the following file? (Is this possible at all?)

lol, short answer: Impossible wink
long answer: you could compare the binary with the original, disassemble it and look what he did.

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

oO ah yeah...
I know what functions he added but I don´t know anything about what you are telling me...

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

4 (edited by catpaw 2008-08-04 16:10:25)

Imagine somebody giving you a coke, and asking you what the exact formula is used to produce coke.

While one way around from formula to getting a drink by using it is easy. The other way around is incredible hard, if not close to impossible.

..and illegal.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

6 (edited by Stephanator 2008-08-04 17:52:12)

lol whatever...
I think this won´t help me^^

Ok another try...
When I want to use a bot I have to set sv_max_clients 12
The problem is that the bot needs 1 player slot.
So when 12 "real" players connect there are 13 clients and the server crashes.

Maybe anyone could find a solution to only allow 11 players to connect or to be able to start dummymod with for example sv_max_clients 11

Here is the (old) patch:

http://rajhshanks.free.fr/teeworlds/dummy.patch

Thanks in advance.

When this is done, there are only 2 more things to do to make the perfect dummy server:

1. The teleport id1 id2 function is integrated in the new version of which I don´t have the patch. This needs to be integrated again (maybe adapted from racemod)

2. Integrating the ban function

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

7 (edited by catpaw 2008-08-04 21:31:41)

Chi11y wrote:

..and illegal.

Actually no, reverse engineering a binary of an opensource project is not illegal. Its just incredible stupid :-)

BTW: Reverseengineering ANY binary is *not* illegal by default. Some EULAs try to make it so you break the EULA when doing it, but there is not by default any law forbidding you to do, when you just want to investigate how something works. (As long as you do not want to break copyprotection technology, this would violate the DMCA).

Btt: Could anyone take a look at it?

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net