Topic: Hosting help needed? f.e mirrors

Hi,

I am a huge fan of Teewars and I want to help in some way. I am the owner of a little hosting company (ygp-hosting.net) for almost two years now. So I could help by means of some webspace. If you, the developers, need this or any other hosting related stuff, I really want to help. I think this game has the potential to become very popular.

My servers are btw located in Gent, Belgium... You know where to find me, if interested

Maarten

Re: Hosting help needed? f.e mirrors

I love support (:

V34 wrote:

I love support (:

Meaning what? I really hate this kind of posts ...

I don't think we need any hosting right now, but support later on would be nice. We are thinking about distributed master servers and such things, and hosting help for that would be nice. Note that this is nothing that will happen the next few months.

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

The ESL dm ladder would make a lot more sence if there were some public fair duelling servers (2 client limit) with the competition settings around that people know about. Matches get very unfair when the server is on one of the contestants computer.

In order for it too work properly the contestans need too be able too restart the server when ready so that the rounds get exactly 10 minutes long, and have the possibility too change maps according too what the players choose for the round. I believe the only way too let them do that is too give them rcon control, which is currently kind of tricky on a server not owned by one of them I believe. Pherhaps one could have the rcon password written publicly in the servername or something.

The one´s organizing the ladder don´t seem too have thought of this much, but the way I see it the upcoming competetive aspect of teewars could really really use some server support.

6 (edited by V34 2019-05-18 00:18:18)

⠀⠀⠀⠀

something like duel in warsow
or some server to rent for free for some time

I can arrange al the mentioned things, but offcourse the request should come from the developers. I'm sure they will know where to find me when help is needed ...