Re: [MOD] Instagib

Lappi wrote:
catpaw wrote:

I recently had a huge discussion about game balance. But that an unskilled player can kill a skilled is hardly "balance". I mean chess is a almost perfectly balanced game, altough a fairly better player will almost always win. To this defiinition almost any olympic sport would be "unbalanced".

insta's less elitist (I wouldn't say balanced), because you don't have to have as much experience as in classy old vinyl times (this hooking, speed thingy stuff, aso)

possibly, maybe we should invent an intermediate mode, thats more "demanding" than instagib (in the sense that skill matters more) but not quite as far as "vynil" teeworlds. So players could "evolve" more without having that hugh gap between instagib and vynil.

catpaw wrote:
Landil wrote:
catpaw wrote:

Anyone above the age of 20 who prefers instagib over classic teeworlds? AND who played "teewars" before the worlds move?

Yes!
I love instagib, but I also love vanilla teeworlds. Instagib is not "easier" as most of the forum users write, it is more balanced. As one can see ingame, even nubs are able to kill a skilled player. They are not on top of the table, but they CAN achieve at least some points. If you play plain vanilla versus some really skilled players, you will become frustrated. If you've ever been shot-gun-hooked-killed for more than 5 minutes, you know what I mean.

I recently had a huge discussion about game balance. But that an unskilled player can kill a skilled is hardly "balance". I mean chess is a almost perfectly balanced game, altough a fairly better player will almost always win. To this defiinition almost any olympic sport would be "unbalanced".

Instagib is easy to learn but hard to master. "balanced" I mean in the way, that both parties, noobs and pros have more fun at playing.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:

Instagib is easy to learn but hard to master.

Well mastering doesn't seem to be that worthwhile if,

Landil wrote:

even nubs are able to kill a skilled player

catpaw wrote:
Landil wrote:

Instagib is easy to learn but hard to master.

Well mastering doesn't seem to be that worthwhile if,

Landil wrote:

even nubs are able to kill a skilled player

It is when you first kill the nub 10 times before he gets that shot through. wink

I would like to ask wheather you could give us a server instruction line to laser damage 10
and how do you set laser to defult cause my comp can't recognise the file.

The Problem-O-matic!