Topic: Report minor bugs here! 0.5

This thread is aimed at reporting glitches, annoyances and minor bugs that require no big discussion.

Reported bugs will periodically be moved into trac, and once they are fixed and have appeared in a release, they might get removed from this thread to avoid clutter. Try to be as accurate as possible in your reports, and feel free to provide platform, computer info and screenshots where relevant.

2 (edited by DenUltimataSanningen 2007-08-13 02:40:37)

Re: Report minor bugs here! 0.5

if you have the ninja sword, and had ex. rocket launcher before, it switch back to gun when your sword dissapeares, maybe should make it remember what weapon the player had before the ninja sword.

Also (this is not a bug, just a though bout similare thing): when picking up a weapon thats stronger then current, or when a weapons ammo runned out, maybe add a possibility (like a checkbox in settings) to autoswitch to the best weapon with ammo yikes (unless you ofcourse have the gun that always refill itself).

EDIT: Also (im unsure if this has already been said, so ignore me if thats the case) when switching servers, teewars client sometimes fails to connect to other servers and has to be restarted.
And im unsure if this has to do with the servers or maybe a memoryleak from the client but when you have been playing for a while, the player starts to lagg after (im not talking about the big big lagg, that everyone feels) but the aiming laggs and movements. (reconnecting without restarting the game solves this).

Den Ultimata Sanningen har talat

Auto-switch back to another weapon sounds like a boring idea to me, dead man's click is part of the game smile
Switching back from sword would be ok I guess, but the other should be left alone ;P

One thing that should be fixed tho is that sometimes the handgun is empty when re-spawning, not sure exactly when yet tho.

Slayer

It's hammering time!

A few pixels of whatever is behind can be seen between the body and the outline of the tee. If you zoom in and really try. (Yes, this is the least important bug ever)
It is easier to spot in-game, if you zoom in and move the launcher or gun back and forth over your head. Only occurs near the top of the head.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4223/screenshot0005cropbu3.png

Slayer wrote:

Auto-switch back to another weapon sounds like a boring idea to me, dead man's click is part of the game smile
Switching back from sword would be ok I guess, but the other should be left alone ;P

Yea your probelly right now when i think of it. Skip that one maybe, however the switch back from katana should help alittle (i find myself way to often shooting with my gun when i have a rocket launcher right after sword-berserking tongue)

Den Ultimata Sanningen har talat

Ninja-switching-back-correct-weapon-selection fixed to 0.2.2
The bug that prevents joining games after each others, solved to 0.2.2
The no-ammo-in-gun-on-respawn was fixed to 0.2.1 i think. otherwise it will be fixed in 0.2.2

When starting teewars the loading bar is located in the upper left corner... It looks like it should be centered on the screen...
http://pici.se/thumbs/t_rGulZuJPJ.gif

I don't know if everyone gets this problem, but if I hit someone and kill them with the grenade launcher, the animation for the blast doesn't allways show.

apax wrote:

When starting teewars the loading bar is located in the upper left corner... It looks like it should be centered on the screen...
http://pici.se/thumbs/t_rGulZuJPJ.gif

This should have been fixed in 0.2.2

Shouldn't the projectile originate from the gun barrel rather the center of the player?
Also, initial projectile velocity should be based on the the players current velocity, no?

You don't really take notice in these issues during gameplay thou. smile

http://static.pici.se/pictures/deVVGRaTR.gif

jonte wrote:

Shouldn't the projectile originate from the gun barrel rather the center of the player?
Also, initial projectile velocity should be based on the the players current velocity, no?

You don't really take notice in these issues during gameplay thou. smile

The projectile should come from the gun tip yes. This is something we just haven't fixed yet.

Regarding velocity, yes and no. Inherited velocity is a design decision that depends on what type of game play you have or want to have. This is my own observations that I've made.

In a fast-paced game, quake 3 for an example, your velocity changes quickly and a lot. You tend to prefer not to have inherited velocity because it becomes more predictable and easier to aim. I know that they experimented with this in quake 3 because if you look though the game source code you can find the line that adds the players velocity to the projectile out commented.

In a more low-paced game, tribes 2 for an example, your velocity can be great, but it doesn't change that quick that often. You generally make small adjustments and spend most of your time in the air, or moving straight to a target. In this kind of action you want to have inherited velocity because it helps aiming when two entities are moving in generally the same direction at almost equal speed and you just have to compensate for the speed difference.

Teewars qualifies as the first category and I think that it would not benefit from inherited velocity.

The emotes have gotten messed up! The tees now get the ninja-fear in their eyes each time they take damage and my favourite closing-eyes reaction is all gone sad.

Dreamy wrote:

The emotes have gotten messed up! The tees now get the ninja-fear in their eyes each time they take damage and my favourite closing-eyes reaction is all gone sad.

I've only seen this happen with servers that run older versions. If you encounter this again, make a note of the server version (and possibly operating system).

More often than I'd like, I notice that for me I can't exit the game by hitting ESC then clicking Disconnect. The majority of the time I have no mouse curser to click Disconnect. If I move the mouse toward the upper left corner sometimes I can get it to appear, but otherwise I'm forced to switch to a different terminal and kill the process.

My OS is 32bit Gentoo Linux (kernel 2.6.22) and the game version is 0.2.3

Also, I know this is probably a feature request but it kind of goes along with this problem: is there some sort of keyboard shortcut you can put in to disconnect from the server? That would be useful in the event that this issue isn't addressed in the next version.

MisterZC wrote:

The majority of the time I have no mouse curser to click Disconnect.

The in-game menu seems to lack mouse constrains for top and left. Which means you can move your cursor beyond the edges, thus "losing" your pointer. sad

16 (edited by sillern 2007-08-20 08:49:02)

I have some strange semi-lag all the time, once every 2-3 seconds it lags.
I get loads of "adjusted time" in the debug-output, I suspect that this has something to do with it.
It looks like that the time is adjusted everytime it prints the fps/netstate-report, happens the same second.
This happens even on my own server, so I doubt it's a network issue.

On teewars 0.2.3, gentoo 64bit, 2.6.22-r4

[ edit ]
When I'm alone on a server the latency keeps between 2 and 10, but every now and again, 10 seconds apart or so, the latency increases to around 150-200 during half a second, and then returns to normal.

On Mac OS X PowerPC I encounter a series of horizontal pink lines across the screen.

ndansmith wrote:

On Mac OS X PowerPC I encounter a series of horizontal pink lines across the screen.

Yeah, It looks like that are because of bad mipmap generation of the GL implementation. Will try to do it manually in later versions or see if we can find a hack around it.

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

I'm not sure this is the right pace but still. In server config when u set password it doesn't work and i tried to set max player's but it doesn't work.

Boriss wrote:

I'm not sure this is the right pace but still. In server config when u set password it doesn't work and i tried to set max player's but it doesn't work.

password doesn't do anything right now because it's not implemented. The max players should works, but the server will report incorrect value to server browser. This is fixed in upcoming releases.

i cant start the game...i have the version (0.2.3) but the game is crashing when i start...=S

I encountered the strangest bug the other day.
I used the zipline (slingshot, web, whatever you call it) to try and pull myself up, but I ended up sinking through a floating bit of ground which was in between myself and my destination, and suddenly I just started falling, fell through the ground, through everything for about a second, then the game froze (timed out), then the server had crashed. The server was (i think) [AU] Bottlebrush. This is pretty bad because you can crash servers.

That's just what happens if you lag/time out, for example when a server shuts down. The floating away is just client side.

Slayer

It's hammering time!

when people leave.

XXX has left the game apears twice. with pause of 1-2 secs

If You'll collect ninja sword when You already have it, the sword won't disapear, but You won't be able to attack or change weapon.
I hope you'll understand me smile