1 (edited by shmafoozius 2008-06-20 19:52:35)

Topic: [PATCH] Editor patch

I added/fixed/removed some things in the editor, and now I want to make this patch public, since it seems a new official version of TW isn't going to come soon (and we can't be sure what changes the editor is going to have, if there are changes at all).

I won't provide a .patch file for this, I will only upload the changed source files and some new windows binary (=teeworlds.exe for those who don't know). I have to say that I don't know if everything is working for you, like it's for me, so I do not take any responsibility if this patch brakes your system/pc/maps.

Before I'm uploading the files, I'm posting the changes I made and wait for some comments (I don't want to be an ass, but I want to be sure If it's ok to upload this patch). You can also request some additional changes, but since I'm only some cpp noob, I can't promise to add the requested feature/fix/whatever.

Changelist:

Overall:
    - Value selector with "<" and ">" now changes value by 10 when right clicked (was 5)
    - When saving, the original map is renamed to [oldmapname]_[somenumbers].map, then the new map is saved using the original name.
    - Teeworlds crashed on saving when using non square graphics, this should be fixed. (Don't use non-square images for tileset in the map, this will mess up the tileset after saving. Only use non-square images for quads.)
    - Removed "Make Collision" button from Game layer.
    - Removed "Save" from File menu since it isn't working.
    - Using +, - and * keys for zooming is now also possible when GUI is disabled (press TAB)

Quads:
    - "Add Quad" Button only visible when some Quad Layer is selected
    - Color drag selector replaced with shifter ("<" and ">" buttons)
    - Added X and Y value shifter right below color selectors
    - Added X and Y value shifter for pivpt in pivot popup (moves pivot AND points)
    - Added "Fix coordinates" button to pivot popup (usefull to get multiple quads on the same position)

Envelopes:
    - Left click + shift only changes time (x-axis) instead of time AND value.
    - Press and hold ctrl while moving a point for more accurate movement (if the point doesn't move, move your mouse quicker)
    - Holding shift while creating a new point will create the point with value 0
    - Holding ctrl while creating a new point will create the point with value 1
    - Added delete button in envelopes editor (NOTE: every quad which used the deleted envelope will be set to use -1, so you have to assign a new envelope yourself)

Download: http://shmafoo.brainsware.org/0.4.2_editor_patch.rar

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

Re: [PATCH] Editor patch

sounds nice, i would give it a try

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Wow! Good ideas. I think you could ask the TeeWorlds-Team, so they will add your patch in the new version! This patch is help- and useful! Upload this patch, because i think ill use it! wink

MyRace:   |   run_fool
Help
Me:    |   Pennergame
My
Clan:    |   «Òó°L»

Look at the first post for an updated changelog and download.

nice finally i can make maps with 0.4.2 too

btw could u make the mod server patch public which u use for the mario_airship map cause i love the flying rockets from the tiles

No, I won't upload the modded server. There's still too much to do and fix, and I don't want to release many patches for it, since it's hard to get all server admins to upgrade their servers. You'll have to wait longer or get someone else to do cannons for you.

Will this patch work with 0.5.1 ??

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

khubajsn wrote:

Will this patch work with 0.5.1 ??

I think so, but the link is broken..

» Use the Search-Function before asking questions!

Ahm, the patch shouldn't work with 0.5.1, I think.

Visit tee-league.de and tv.tee-league.de!

I guess he released it as an executable, so.. No patch was needed wink

hmm...is there a 5.2 version?

If you can't see it, there is none.
For short:
Not yet.

13 (edited by Stripe 2009-12-14 21:59:04)

sad it´s pitty

I hope he publishes it as soon as possible.

is he already planning the next version? hmm

the link is down xD

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

15 (edited by Marik 2009-12-15 00:39:50)

Shmafoozius quited his work on teeworlds due to real life issues

well i got the zip file of this and i think he won´t mind if i publish it again
since he already published that one long time ago s

so here is your link: https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … _patch.rar ( 0.4.3 version of this editor patch thread in here http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2716)

IMPORTANT I DON`T KNOW HOW TO USE IT AND I`M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING IT IS JUST A REUP FROM the old link

PS: God bless all those ppl out there who keep all files saved they have downloaded related to teeworlds  xD

16 (edited by _vit 2009-12-15 02:12:50)

Marik16 published a patch for version 0.4.3
Here patch for 0.5.1 from first post.

Could anyone please compile it to an executable?
For those, that still don't know how to do it. (I tried to learn it, but the tutorial really.. Well, it's really hard to understand)

It would be nice smile

- Pocram