1 (edited by Roanoke 2008-06-03 05:14:54)

Topic: Mod poll

If you are an admin for a server, what would you want to be able to do? Kill players? Change their score? I need this for a mod I'm making.

So far, I've implemented these (with help from rajh's classmod):
kill
set player score
teleport
admin has invincibility
admin heals others
admin has infinite ammo
admin damages with hook
admin has infinite sword
admin has zero reload
set admin password (sv_admin_pass)
admin has 5 shotgun shots per click
turn mod on/off with config setting (sv_admin_mod)

I am working on these:
set team's score
limit when admin can be activated
give admin 3 grenade shots per click
set mod admin switch behavior with cfg settings
clean up code
give admin separate cfg settings?

By the way Rahj, thanks for the framework. It really saved me a lot of trouble and time. The mod itself has other features (such as moving players to the spectators if inactive for 15 min. and kicking if inactive for 1 hr.) but these are the ones that the server admin has control over.

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

Re: Mod poll

What do you need ??
You want to know what do we want ? or you wanna someone makes a command to kill player and change score cause if its that don't make a mod if you don't know how to do this yikes

3 (edited by terrorsathan 2008-05-29 10:59:31)

It would be fun if the admin could move users to the other team big_smile
This would be very evil while playing CTF ... big_smile

Hail Teeworlds mad lol

yeah, like kill them, change score, change team, and everything you can do^^

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

You can already do that ....
set_team id team

lol didnt know...

what would also be nice is a kind of god-mode. sometimes when i am testing a map i get killed and i have to run through it again. actually you can give yourself 1000 HP but thats not the best solution...

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

So far, I've implemented (with help from rajh's classmod):
kill
set player score
teleport
admin has invincibility
admin heals others
admin has infinite ammo
admin damages with hook
admin has infinite sword
admin has zero reload
set admin password
admin has 10 shotgun shots per click

I am working on:
set team's score
turn mod on/off

By the way Rahj, thanks for the framework. It really saved me a lot of trouble and time.

deny_post($poster);

"admin has 10 shotgun shots per click"

not a really nice idea

Why not?

deny_post($poster);

because it is an admin! an admin has to preserver fairness in the game

remove the adminpowers.

I can see now already how 9-year old admin noobs will abuse this to hell.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

The idea is that if teams are unbalanced and the opposing team will not give a player, then the server admin will turn into an admin and pummel the opposite team into submission. Once teams are fair, the admin becomes a player again. The mod should be used on clan servers and only clan members have the password for the admin. One thing that I might add is the ability to only allow admins when teams are uneven by 2 or more players.

deny_post($poster);

No, just don't do it. It will just screw things up.

Look, I'm going to do it and see how things work out. If I make limiting factors on when the admin can be used, then the game will be balanced. Hopefully people will not use it for less altruistic purposes than I intended. If someone removes that limiter, it is not my fault.

deny_post($poster);

I was playing on a modded server with tetris.map last week. One guy was invulnarable - that sucked. As Chilly said: just don't do it. If there are imbalanced teams, it will be better to move some players and/or ban some. That's simply enough. No need for uberadminpower.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

But the idea here is that admins will only exist if their own team is outnumbered. Sure, you could move players, but it would be more fun to just kill them like this. Then when teams are even again, the admin will return to a normal class. All this is involuntary - the admin will only be able to turn into an admin if they are outnumbered, and they will have to become a regular user once teams are balanced.

deny_post($poster);

It's your choice, but I don't think it's a good idea to in any way make one player have advantages.

You may well be right, but you may be wrong also. Only one way to find out.

deny_post($poster);

Roanoke wrote:

You may well be right, but you may be wrong also. Only one way to find out.

Mud-wrestling!!! big_smile:D

Used to be very active waay back

Give the admin powers as a powerup. AND  TO EVERYONE!

I need to figure out something to put here.

Roanoke wrote:

Sure, you could move players, but it would be more fun to just kill them like this.

I want to see this,... someone pwning you

Interesting idea. I might add that option as a server .cfg setting. If a team is outnumbered, everyone on that team becomes an admin/gains admin rights.

netomx wrote:
Roanoke wrote:

Sure, you could move players, but it would be more fun to just kill them like this.

Why do you harbor bad feelings when everyone else is acting mature? This is an experiment. I didn't offend anyone. I didn't force my opinion. I don't deserve your lip.

deny_post($poster);

Roanoke wrote:

Interesting idea. I might add that option as a server .cfg setting. If a team is outnumbered, everyone on that team becomes an admin/gains admin rights.

netomx wrote:
Roanoke wrote:

Why do you harbor bad feelings when everyone else is acting mature? This is an experiment. I didn't offend anyone. I didn't force my opinion. I don't deserve your lip.

my comment was 110% mature. My mom and my imaginary friend says im mature too. Well, also Hobbes said it

Anyway, Im just saying that being an admin and killing everyone "just for fun" isn't fun for the guy being killed

netomx wrote:
Roanoke wrote:

netomx wrote:

my comment was 110% mature. My mom and my imaginary friend says im mature too. Well, also Hobbes said it

Anyway, Im just saying that being an admin and killing everyone "just for fun" isn't fun for the guy being killed

Again, that is why I am building limiters for when the admin can be activated into the system. I also am making a system to change any admins to players when conditions are met, i.e. team fairness. Please point out the flaw in my reasoning.

deny_post($poster);