Topic: 0.4.2 released!

This is a major maintenance release, with no less than 35 fixes. Highlights include several improvements to the UI and input system -- including binding a key to multiple actions. Also in this build we added some anti-spam features, fixed memory leaks in the server and made sure the low-quality mode still renders fonts properly.

Make sure you read the download notes (or the full changelist available on our trac roadmap.) It contains important information, and we will not respond to any bug reports resulting from users not reading the release notes.

Go download 0.4.2!

Re: 0.4.2 released!

Nice but it has to download every map? Even the standard ones? (i've downloaded the intelmac version)

i just played on a server with a custom map. with 0.4.1 there was a correct displayed background. now there is this:
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/6073/bugkn3.th.jpg

scosu wrote:

i just played on a server with a custom map. with 0.4.1 there was a correct displayed background. now there is this:
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/6073/bugkn3.th.jpg

same problem neutral

aka [b2t] phiLm

* Loads of graphical optimizations. Maps now must have a background to behave correctly.

It's a part of the optimizations. Maps must be done with backgrounds. You can get around it by enabling gfx_clear by typing "gfx_clear 1" in the console.

Please, make sure you read the release notes properly before reporting issues.

7 (edited by Sebaci 2008-04-05 19:28:44)

Looks like the weapons change normally with my mouse scrool, thank you development!

Fixed problem with maps with 1 think tile borders

You mean "thick"? The problem with tiles repetition behind the white border still exists hmm (for example if I place some tile with a bone as the map border, there will be an endless line of bones behind the map while playing).

When I open some map in the map editor, perform some changes or not and overwrite it, it crushes when saving. Then the map content is lost and it's size is 0 Bytes. Fortunately I had some backup copies of my map...

Sebaci wrote:

Looks like the weapons change normally with my mouse scrool, thank you development!

You mean "thick"? The problem with tiles repetition behind the white border still exists hmm (for example if I place some tile with a bone as the map border, there will be an endless line of bones behind the map while playing).

When I open some map in the map editor, perform some changes or not and overwrite it, it crushes when saving. Then the map content is lost and it's size is 0 Bytes. Fortunately I had some backup copies of my map...

The repetition is supposed to work that way. It will take the border tile and repeat it. I'll check into the map editor stuff.

9 (edited by Sebaci 2008-04-05 19:40:36)

Why don't you add some more skins to the game? You may answer - "there are lots of skins made by users and you can download them" - I agree with this. But if I download some new skin, others must have it too to see it in the game (otherwise they won't see me with the new skin) - that's why I never download any skins.
My proposition is to make some contest topic in which people would vote for user-made skins. The best would be chosen and added to the game (in 0.4.3 version of course). Why not? smile
PS: sorry if it's a little off-topic, but I see still the same skins are in all versions of teewars/teeworlds.
PS2: and what about the problem with saving in the editor? ;>

Sebaci wrote:

Why don't you add some more skins to the game? You may answer - "there are lots of skins made by users and you can download them" - I agree with this. But if I download some new skin, others must have it too to see it in the game (otherwise they won't see me with the new skin) - that's why I never download any skins.
My proposition is to make some contest topic in which people would vote for user-made skins. The best would be chosen and added to the game (in 0.4.3 version of course). Why not? smile
PS: sorry if it's a little off-topic, but I see still the same skins are in all versions of teewars/teeworlds.

Because the tee rendering is going to get an overhaul so all skins will be invalid when that happens. I don't really feel the need for more skins in the game. There are many good skins out there but all might not fin uniformly into teeworlds, but there is also the problem of IP infringement (copyright etc) that prevents us from include many of the skins.

11 (edited by ch 2008-04-05 20:23:34)

Aaaand, where's Linux x86-32bit binaries? Just curious.
UPD: found it, but nevertheless, any chance they get listed alongside with others in Downloads section?

you changed the logging for teamchat of the two teams:

[47f7c480][chat]: 3:-2:

but are there any other changes on logging?

it would be great if you sometime could apply some changes of logging: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=970

BTW: a really nice game smile

13 (edited by Sebaci 2008-04-05 22:22:45)

I've compared how the weapons switch with mouse scroll in Teewars 0.3.4 and in Teeworlds 0.4.2. Although it seems to work better than in 0.4.1, it doesn't work as in 0.3.4. In Teewars it was perfect, I didn't have any problems. I was always certain it would switch to weapon that I wanted when scrolling. In 0.4.2 it may still happen sometimes that the weapon will not switch anyway, or switch to a weapon I didn't want. Do other players feel the same? Please answer. And to the development: can you improve it somehow?

PS: I can't play 0.4.0 and 0.4.1 (my tee can't move) after I downloaded 0.4.2...

.4.2 feels like jello.

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

Woah, it runs like 30x faster for me on max resolution and full gfx now.  Very nice guys!

Is the PPC version never been considered by Teeworlds?
If it is, is there any way to compile Teeworlds from source code myself?

stellit wrote:

Is the PPC version never been considered by Teeworlds?
If it is, is there any way to compile Teeworlds from source code myself?

http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1144

18 (edited by Temur 2008-04-06 22:05:15)

Hello, I search this play for then Nintendo DS. Could one also program this or where can I download then? With friendly ones Temur greet

Sorry because my bad english tongue

Temur wrote:

Hello, I search this play for then Nintendo DS. Could one also program this or where can I download then? With friendly ones Temur greet

Sorry because my bad english tongue

Teeworlds will not likly to be on DS anytime soon or ever. Someone pulled an april fools joke about it however smile

This Teeworld version is full of errors, at my PC the desktop move every time when I start Teeworlds, and my servername changed every time to "unnamed Server", I tried everything to fix it, but nothing happened, please fix it!

RX88XR wrote:

This Teeworld version is full of errors, at my PC the desktop move every time when I start Teeworlds, and my servername changed every time to "unnamed Server", I tried everything to fix it, but nothing happened, please fix it!

You have to be more specific. "It's broken, fix it" doesn't really help us. What version did you run before? What worked then? What do you mean with that the desktop move? What does you server config look like?

RX88XR: This is not a support thread. Visit the support forum to get help with your issue.

an ask: can it be that you use my console_bar.png if that would be so i would be very boast^^

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991

Keep going the good work.

ESL Teewars Admin
http://www.esl.eu

What's the super low quality mode like and what is it for? Teewars (well at least 0.3.3) already runs perfectly smooth on a Pentium II 233MHz machine with a 3dfx Voodoo Banshee 16mb. Looks a bit blurry in places though (256x256 limit, blurry mipmapping) but it works nicely.